Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

Now i'll move this if the case is resolved and whatnot but what should I do (or would you do) in the case of being overcharged for shipping?

Case in point and to the point:

alan1842 has HWM - Moonpies on Orangey Brown (which I've been wanting) and the 1st Press of the 2 Rumbleseat 7's. I also have these on different pressings and just figured out Media shipping on MY scale with mailer and bubble wrap and figure to be $2.35. I get the package and it looks as if a cardboard box was cut up and folded around the records which were bubble wrapped and the records were in good shape. Only thing is, I got charged $8 for shipping and I am asking for a $5 refund.

I'm basing this on principal more than anything and how I don't gouge on shipping when I trade/sell. I also refund most times when shipping is overcharged.

Is this worth it for me to ask? Should I bother with this guy? I brought it to eBay's attention and they said to try communication.

wow, yeah I seriously wouldn't worry about it, if the records arrived fine, I would leave it at that.

Did you ask him first about shipping charges before you ordered?

I wouldn't put him as a "terrible trader" or seller for 5 bucks.

plus another thing not being taken into consideration is costs of everything else. mailers, tape, etc. isnt free and neither is the gas to drive to the post office or the time taken off from work early to get to the post office on time since the lazy fuckers are closing at 4 now. so remember all of that before you ask for a $5 refund and for sure be grateful they arrived in good shape because its been a crapshoot with usps lately.

just my 2 cents

I did ask about the ship charges before I paid via Paypal and gave what it should have been Media and asked if he could combine since $3.50 was stated in the auction. I'm not bent at all about it and yes, the records did arrive fine. I was just going on the principle of profit off of shipping. After thinking more about it, its really just apples and oranges.

• 2 weeks later...

oh!explode

real name Isaac Hils

email [email protected]

Is a scuzzbag until proven otherwise. Took me for $65 on the first press of Terrorhawk and various other BVS items. Almost a month later and no record, no response, and since Aug 25, he hasn't even logged in here. To hell with him!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[email protected] name- (eye_have_you)

don't buy anything from this fucking cunt!!! she told me she shipped my posters over a month ago and thanks for the business. i said no problem, thanks again. well, the 2nd of october rolled around and still nothing. i paid on 8/30/08 and they should have been here long ago. i contacted her and told her i was going to file a complaint with ebay and paypal, which i did and if she wanted to avoid negative feedback, straighten this out. i wrote another furious email saying that i am sick of this shit and i'm filing a complaint and leaving negfeed. she wrote me back after the 2nd email and told me she didn't appreciate me swearing at her, i told her i don't appreciate not getting my items and being lied to. further in the email she said, fine, your items ship tomorrow. so i said, ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? TOMORROW! YOU SAID THEY SHIPPED A MONTH AGO!!! i caught her in a lie and she hasn't wrote back since. hopefully ebay and paypal will take care of this. i will never apologize for my language. so FUCK THIS BITCH AND I HOPE HER INTESTINES TURN INTO SNAKES!!!! FUCKING CUNTCUNTUCUNTCUNTCUNTCUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if this has been up, but: is it possible to put in a search-feature in this thread, so people will be able to type a name and then see if it pops up. It's kinda hard to scroll through all this sites to find a possible shady person....... If this isn't a possibility, then maybe a updated list of names as the first post.

?

Katherine Zopfi (ebay ID dressage_lov) takes forEVER to ship packages. Won an item via buy it now on 9/23, opened a paypal dispute last week and she couldn't even find my record at first. She's likely shipping it today, over 6 weeks after I paid. Doesn't seem shady, just lazy/disorganized. Be warned.

still havent got my record back or cash from vc user mugxmugxmug and this trade was back in june. he emailed me in september and said he would send me money when he had it but that was two months ago.

known ebay and message board names are:

-mugxmugxmug

-falsexfront

-xnatex

here is the thread from df about it. some deleted it off this thread, thanks.

http://www.deadformat.net/topic.php?id=4582&page=4

• 3 weeks later...
Deathripper....

I send him 2 Marvel legends Action Figure for a Comeback Kid records...He told me he send the record at the beginnggn of august...havne't received anything yet....He havaen't log in in 2 months...

I know that dude off some other boards and I have him on xbox live and AIM. I really don't think he's shady man. I didn't even know he posted on here though.

Deathripper....

I send him 2 Marvel legends Action Figure for a Comeback Kid records...He told me he send the record at the beginnggn of august...havne't received anything yet....He havaen't log in in 2 months...

I know that dude off some other boards and I have him on xbox live and AIM. I really don't think he's shady man. I didn't even know he posted on here though.

Well if the package is just lost or taking a looong time, great! I tough he was a bad trader because it's the first time something like that happen to me.

If you see him online someday, please ask him to check is PM here or the tracking number for the record.

Thank you my friend!

Well if the package is just lost or taking a looong time, great! I tough he was a bad trader because it's the first time something like that happen to me.

If you see him online someday, please ask him to check is PM here or the tracking number for the record.

Thank you my friend!

I sent him a PM on another board. I'll see what happens.

Jesus I sent that shit SO long ago, literally like 4 months.

And the shitty thing is I KNEW something would go wrong because he lives in like Bumfuck, Canada in the middle of NOWHERE. It took his package like 3 months to get here so hopefully mine is still just taking forever. I'd log in and post it there but I don't even remember my password.

From B9.

Also haha.

Yeah i'm not a very sketchy dude. It just sucks because the guy could barely ever speak english so i'm surprised my package even got to me lol.

I don't know why these quotes aren't working.

Thank you very Much Zac, i appreciate it. It's still kinda weird, i order A LOT from the states, and it is the first time it takes that much time.

Tell him i'm sorry i said he was a bad trader...

And i don't live in "Bumfuck, Canada, i live in Ottawa! (actually Gatineau, just the other side of the Ontario Border, but i work in Ottawa.)

EDIT - wow, and I tough my english was still fairly easy to uderstand!

Just thought I would gives a head up about VC user blanketbyday. He had a post selling a Casket Lottery record at a set sale price of $13.00 + $3.00 shipping. Sent a PM saying I would take it. Got a PM last night right before I went out for the night with his Pay Pal address. This morning I wake up with a PM asking if I wanted a pic, I PM'ed back saying sure and asked if there was anything else he was selling just in case I found something before I paid. He responds with a PM back saying that somebody offered more and he was selling it to them. I then responded with a PM explaining that was pretty shitty business practice. He PMed back pretty much saying tuff shit. So if you plan on buying from him and it's a set sale worry about him selling to somebody else, maybe it's just me but that is pretty shitty way of doing things.

End Rant