No Sleep Records 2013 Vinyl Subscription

No Sleep posted today on their Facebook page that they hope to have 2013 subscription packages up tomorrow. 175 will be available, and pricing will be changed due to a bonus item that they have never done before.

(

)

I'm thinking this is the year to pick one up, at least for me. 2013 will hopefully bring some new tunes from Aficionado, Balance and Composure, and I'm really crossing my fingers for some new La Dispute or The Wonder Years.

Is anybody else planning on subscribing?

I've participated in the 2011 and 2012 Subscription Packages.

My experience with 2011 was an enjoyable one. My favorite part of course was the custom jackets that were exclusive to the subscription. I was even told that the band members didn't even get the Subscription presses, that's how limited they were. My least favorite part about the 2011 package was that they didn't ever follow up with the "screenprinted poster" that was promoted as part of the package.

2012 was honestly a little underwhelming. Although there have been quite a few releases that I was stoked on, I really couldn't get past the fact that the jackets for the Subscription vinyl weren't custom made like they were in 2011. That was a HUGE part of the subscription. Also, in 2011, after a certain date, they stopped taking pre orders for the subs and THEN they started working on them. For 2012, it was /200, and they were still available throughout September 2012, and never sold out to my understanding. To me, that just lowered the value of the subs. The Subscription exclusive vinyl variant (white) and B-side labels were a nice addition, but 2011 was collectively better for me.

With that said, I am still on the fence about participating for 2013. I'd like to see how they are going to promote it.

Probably going to do a wait and see approach as well. I did 2012 and really there's only a handful of releases I would've really wanted. The little variations on the releases weren't great either. And I could not care less about the little scene kid extras they toss in with the watches, carabiners and all that. Not only that but the wait for all of it is a bit ridiculous.

All that plus the fact that this year's was available until they decided to stop selling them a month ago makes me think it's safe to wait.

Oh, and as far as releases, there is an Into it. Over it. 7" + book coming out documenting the full band tour. He briefly touched on it at the Louisville show. Whether that will be No Sleep or Topshelf remains to be seen but I thought I'd mention it. I would expect another full length from him next year too.

There have been a lot of great releases in the 2012 sub, but the exclusive colorway (white) and the obistrips instead of custom covers are both very underwhelming. Might go for it again this year though.

That is one of the main reasons I didn't do 2012. White is not exactly to my liking, and I wasn't a fan of the strips. For 175-200 copies of a record, it would be more cost effective making custom covers for them than it did with under 50 copies. Custom covers or a different colorway for the records would be really nice.

That is one of the main reasons I didn't do 2012. White is not exactly to my liking, and I wasn't a fan of the strips. For 175-200 copies of a record, it would be more cost effective making custom covers for them than it did with under 50 copies. Custom covers or a different colorway for the records would be really nice.

I think even just a slip cover would be cool. Was not a fan of those strips at all.