Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree 2xLP Hot Topic exclusive

travis

So you can have a record you want and not worry about what the people on here are complaining about.

I have a copy from the last pressing, I thought about picking up the 4-5 copies they had at HT to help out members here....instead I saw Monsters' University :D

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get people not caring that the record doesn't sound good. That is a far more legitimate claim than most nitpickers make and get support. 

I'm with you. It's wild. I'm guessing half the people who don't care about the sound are buying it just because they want some scene points to fill their bookshelves with. They'll put it on when their friends are over and be like: "Oh yeah I just scored that limited edition FOB vinyl. It was a hard one to snag. I'm really into limited vinyl. I bought it for retail but soon it's going to go up about three times as much on ebay. You really have to be a collector to catch limited vinyl etc, etc, etc... "

It also could be a lot of people that don't care are new to records and don't understand how much a properly mixed record can really improve the sound. Or they listen to records on such cheap record players they can't tell much of a difference between good and bad sound.

I'm with you. It's wild. I'm guessing half the people who don't care about the sound are buying it just because they want some scene points to fill their bookshelves with. They'll put it on when their friends are over and be like: "Oh yeah I just scored that limited edition FOB vinyl. It was a hard one to snag. I'm really into limited vinyl. I bought it for retail but soon it's going to go up about three times as much on ebay. You really have to be a collector to catch limited vinyl etc, etc, etc... "

It also could be a lot of people that don't care are new to to records and don't understand how much a properly mixed record can really improve the sound. Or they listen to records on such cheap record players they can't tell much of a difference between good and bad sound.

Or maybe they just like fall out boy....imagine that?

Or maybe they just like fall out boy....imagine that?

It's possible. ;) I mean liking FOB and not caring about a subpar sounding record are kind of different. You can still like them and care if the record sounds good. In fairness though saying: "I like FOB so who cares if the record doesn't sound good." Sounds about like collecting some scene points by making sure you have the album because you are the ultimate fan and not really caring about how the actual record should sound. I mean a lot of the point of buying a record if you are actually going to listen to it (especially from a band you like or love) is to actually get to hear how great it can sound on vinyl.

I get buying it because you like the band and want it. That's why I buy all my records. I also criticize the pressing if it sounds bad and get super dissapointed. Ultimately I'm not paying nearly $30 for a 12" poster. I want to actually hear good sounding music from the bands I enjoy. I mean a record that sounds good...imagine how much cooler that would be.

sold off my gold copy of this and i gotta say the original pressing absolutely rapes this one by a mile. thats pretty embarassing considering this is spread over 2 lps.

Was thumbing through the posts to get to the end to post the exact same thing. As soon as I saw there was going to be a repress and it was going to be a 2xLP I sold my gold copy. I guess I assumed that a repress of a highly sought after album would be treated with a modicum of care.. After all, they did go to the trouble to put it on 2 discs.. While I realize that decision is on me- as a consumer I don't feel like its that outlandish to expect a decent product. I hate how any blowback from this is seen as "HT bashing" or "Travis bashing.." HT is not a label and Travis just orders the records.. I realize this. I am just disappointed that somewhere along the way someone didn't take the time to listen to the test pressings all the way through and say, "hm, something is wrong with this, lets fix it before releasing 2000 of them and then 2000 more a few months later." I realize this would cost money and time, but it seems to me that Universal has a few dollars laying around that they could have spent on at least making this right for the second pressing. Despite your stance on this release you cannot argue that the sound quality is unprofessionally bad on at least the last song on every side.

• 2 months later...