A small moral dilemma. (Vinyl content)

So about 6 weeks ago, I ordered a double LP from a band in Canada who I'm friends with, and the total was close to $30 with shipping, but whatever, it's a band/record I love, so I had to own it.

I get an email from the band's singer after I order, saying essentially "What the fuck? How dare you order this record? You've done so much for us, I'm giving you one for free! I'll refund your money as soon as PayPal clears." Definitely an unexpected turn of events, as I had every intention of paying, but I'm not gonna tell the guy no (I tried, actually, and he insisted).

So a week goes by, PayPal clears, I don't hear a word from him. Then the record shows up a week or so later -- awesome! I hit him up just to let him know I got it, and he replies, "Great! I'm going to refund your money right now."

This was about three weeks ago, and there's been no activity on my PayPal from him whatsoever.

Do I even bring it up? I mean, like I said, I had every intention on paying for the thing so I don't feel screwed out of money; it was just weird to have the guy repeatedly assert that he would give me my money back and then... not.

Guest scriptedrain
I would just say something along the lines that you were doing your finances and $30 is off and you pinpointed it to that. Tell him its no problem if he keeps the money, but you just want to make sure your books balance.