PO - Death Cab for Cutie - The Barsuk Years LMTD Ed Collection

Glad I wasnt the only one that had some skipping issues. It is not the record player, as someone pointed out it could be, tried other vinyl.

I just hope they dont send out replacements for the mislabeled ones, but all the vinyl.

I would still like to know: what's your turntable?

Additionally, even if you tried other records, have you properly set up your tonearm/counterweight?

#192. Box looks really really amazing. The mislabels are annoying but might turn out to give this set some additional rarity, assuming AiR steps up like it sounds they will.

I haven't tried cleaning off the residue on the covers. It was most prominent on Chords, slight on Facts and Transatlanticism and Airplanes, and nothing on the others.

Anyone else notice that the jackets are a bit "tight" for the records? I love the die-cut sleeves for Airplanes & Facts, plus the four separate inserts for Photo Album, but with the heavier vinyl those inserts are a BITCH to put back inside the jackets. Compare that to Trans, which has a thicker jacket as the only 2XLP... and the booklet and records slide in & out with no issues.

Yeah, for $250 this thing should've been perfect... But considering you can't get the middle 3 (of 7) for less than that price secondhand, it's still a bargain. Especially once AiR sends out replacement records. And did I mention the box looks AMAZING??

Roman was serious when they said it rubs off easily with a little effort and a thumb. Got all residue off of each cover like that. No damage done whatsoever.

I haven't found it to be quite this easy. The eraser is a no go however as it also kinda removes the sheen from the surface of the cover. I'll keep trying to get it off with thumb and fingernail. After I get it off, I'm putting these in sleeves because the inside of the dividers are still sticky so this will continue to happen without some kind of intervention.

I haven't found it to be quite this easy. The eraser is a no go however as it also kinda removes the sheen from the surface of the cover. I'll keep trying to get it off with thumb and fingernail. After I get it off, I'm putting these in sleeves because the inside of the dividers are still sticky so this will continue to happen without some kind of intervention.

Hmm, sorry that you're having trouble with it. I emptied the contents of the outer sleeve and gave my thumb a very small lick and rubbed moderately - slightly vigorously and it came off after about 7 seconds max. Maybe your sleeves were placed in their still-wet slots a bit earlier than others? Regardless, hope you find a way to clean them up. 

#30, finally received. so happy, i've gotten through most of the set and it sounds fucking awesome. besides the mislabels, i've got the black lines and dinged edges too. also, looks like the back covers of each album aren't actually printed on the jacket, but are sheets of paper stuck on. maybe this is a mistake that held up production? ALSO, Transatlanticism isn't 45rpm as advertised. so that stuff kinda sucks... but the boxset is still awesome.

#30, finally received. so happy, i've gotten through most of the set and it sounds fucking awesome. besides the mislabels, i've got the black lines and dinged edges too. also, looks like the back covers of each album aren't actually printed on the jacket, but are sheets of paper stuck on. maybe this is a mistake that held up production? ALSO, Transatlanticism isn't 45rpm as advertised. so that stuff kinda sucks... but the boxset is still awesome.

Didn't even notice the backs until you mentioned this. Hearing "sheets of paper stuck on" makes it sound cheap but they look great.