DC TV (Arrow/Flash/Legends/Supergirl)

Any fans?

I'm in the middle of the 3rd episode. I know Deathstroke shows up in the 5th (pumped). Seems to doing pretty well in the ratings so it should be around awhile. Smallville was my favorite tv show ever so I hope it can come close to matching it.

The only part I'm not sold on is that since there is a "no superpowers" rule (ala the Dark Knight series), there has been some pretty stupid bullet-dodging scenes in the first couple episodes. Think I can overlook it, though.

I read about it online. There was an article called "11 DC characters that will appear Arrow" or something like that.

Way more familiar with Marvel storylines but apparently Deathstroke had both eyes so there is a good chance he will be back and take an arrow to one of them (different than the books I know, but it just seems obvious to me).

I knew of Black Canary but didn't know that her real name was Laurel. I'm sure she will do some screaming sometime soon as a nod (although it won't be supersonic, I think).

That article had a lot more about some of the lesser characters. I didn't really know them.

I like this show. I have missed the show twice now because I forget that it is on Wednesdays. I feel like that is a bad night. Then I have to wait a week to see the episode I missed on Hulu because I don't subscribe to HuluPlus.

I do really like the continuing flashbacks to the island though.

Smallville was just freaking awesome. Season 8 with Doomsday was my favorite run. It dipped around season 4 (the witch storyline, the Clark/Lana on again, off again romance just got old) but recovered nicely with the focus to the Justice League, Lois, and the real Superman villians in the second half of the series. The ending was awesome too (when he finally dons the cape and takes off flying to save the world was the only time a TV show ever made me shed a tear).

You watch Supernatural? Watched 7 seasons in the last couple months on Netflix. Right up there in quality with Arrow and Supernatural. CW puts out some absolute garbage teeny-bopper shows but when they target an audience other than 16 year old girls, they put out some great shows (Buffy and Angel fit this bill as well).

Just stuck with Smallville as far as the CW goes. Did you read any of the comic continuation after 10? Looking at it now, looks like it could be good.

Didn't even know it existed. I knew Buffy did a comic continuation that was pretty good (read a bit, but I haven't bought a book in maybe 2 years).

If you have Netflix (or can borrow someone's password), you will love Supernatural (based on the limited amount I know about you from this thread). The first season is a little slow and season 7 isn't that good (season 8 is airing now), but everything in between is great. 8.6 on IMDB. Smallville is at 7.4. Totally worth the 100 or so hours I invested into watching it.

I will definitely be reading that Smallville season 11 comic. Looks like it is in the middle of the run right now. I will wait until it is over and then bid on a lot of the whole season on Ebay. Can usually get things like this for about 50-75% of retail price in the secondary market.

• 4 weeks later...

They waited about 5 minutes to show who the dark archer was after that fight. Not really complaining, just surprised they didn't stretch it out a little longer.

Been doing a lot better job at keeping things realistic. The only part that bugged me was the first episode with the Huntress when he pretty much ran down a motorcycle on foot.

So who do you think is going to be the big bad for this season? The elder Merlyn or Deadpool? I'm also kinda surprised they burned through Deadshot in a single episode. Seems like they are really ripping through characters.

As soon as I found out the guy's name was Merlyn I have been waiting for him to show up as an archer like in the comics. This show is surprisingly really good. I hope Dinah turns into Black Canary.

I am guessing she will do some screaming but it won't be supersonic or however you would describe a superpowered scream

I've really enjoyed how things have progressed over the past few eps. I completely agree with you that they aren't holding back on these characters and hope they pace themselves for the long haul. I'd love for this show to be around for a bit.

The only thing that has really stuck me funny was a scene with Helena where she did a 180 emotional Ollie(couldn't resist) and lost it. I just remember thinking that it wasn't very strong script writing and it felt forced.

I'm also hoping that they'll continue with the same plot theme of the league of members on the list, and establish it a bit more. The last episode kind of brought everything together as far as a real villain for Green Arrow. Can't wait to see how it plays out. 

• 2 months later...

To be honest, I read something online that spoiled who the character was. I'm upset that I did and I don't want to do the same for you. Hang tight with it. I think they'll be developing it a bit more.

That being said, I've enjoyed every episode since the return from the break. It's really picking up momentum. Last weeks episode that was mostly an island flashback was the best yet IMO.

Yes she was!

Yeah I agree. The slade / Oliver friendship is pretty cool. Reminds me of lex and Clark way back when.

I looked up who he is so I know too. I was just saying I was expecting the name to be Barry or Bart Allen. He was running fast and wearing a red sweatshirt. Oliver really picking up his own little super team. I know enough to pick up the obvious references but by no means knowledgable about the supporting heros and villains.

Also not sure if you watched preview or not but it looks like dead shot survived the arrow. Much better than killing him off in a single episode.