Starting a Vinyl collection

I'm the nerd that needs to hear a new album as soon as it comes out. Sometimes waiting for the vinyl release sucks so I will buy the CD early and then re-buy the vinyl when it comes out.(Portugal. the Man)

Other times I buy everything including CD and Vinyl at the same time(Modern Life is War)

I am almost done re-buying albums that changed my life on Vinyl when I get to that point it will become much cheaper to collect Vinyl.

this is exactly me as well, only with different bands in the brackets.

i'm still buy cd,about 10 cds per 2-3 months and 10-12 vinyl (for ship it to thailand or order via distributor) per 2 months.

i love to listen music by cd and i often download new songs and new bands.

if i like it,i will buy cd and if they press it on coloured vinyl,i will catch it too.

enjoy collecting,martin101.

at least,you easy to be collector than me because i must pay the expensive shipping and may suffer from duty....

yeah, i bought five or six cds in the last week, along with about the same amount of vinyl.

but i clearly have a spending problem. lately i've been getting stuff on vinyl and then just downloading the record so i can have it on my laptop/ipod. i'm happy with that much.

i buy both vinyl and cds as well. my cd collection roughly triples my vinyl collection, mainly because i started buying cds earlier and a lot of them are cd only releases. i also own quite a few albums on both vinyl and cd, lately though i have found myself just buying the records and downloading the mp3s for convenience, which is way better than just buying cds because vinyl retains it's value while, in the case of cds, you'll never get what you paid for them unless they are super limited, oop, etc.

Also, I find it more and more that Vinyl (espcially new ones) are much more expensive than cds.

thanks

Um...I don't really think so. Maybe it's just me, but usually I think the vinyl is the same price or a few bucks cheaper. Then again, it kind of depends on where you buy the vinyl or cd.

Welcome to the boards!

-Andy

in shops this is very true, however i have found that when buying directly from the labels, vinyl is usually cheaper unless the packaging is really outrageous.