QOTSA Songs For The Deaf Blue/Yellow Pressing?

Does anyone know anything about the glow in the dark UK boots and I have seen a clear one as well.

I was told there were 100 glow in the dark ones but don't know how true that is, I've seen quite a few black and glow in the dark ones fro sale on ebay UK. Was also wondering whether the clear one was a glow in the dark mispress as I've only seen one.

• 4 months later...

I bought this copy off ebay from rndistribution (http://www.ebay.com/itm/360856739333?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649), I figured at that price, why not! The guy has been selling a black and a glow in the dark version, and selling a lot of them.

I was wondering if they were a new batch flooding the market, or this guy just got hold of a whole bunch from somewhere...

Runouts on the vinyl are DEAF1, DEAF2, etc.

The sound is fine, sounds like the CD master... the only thing I could notice is that it was lacking a little in low end.

Both vinyl came in white sleeves, the insert is only printed on one side (the car interior shot) and it is a pretty tight squeeze to fit everything inside the jacket. 

Not bad overall for $30ish...

Anyway, I figured I may as well put some pics up, it may be of interest.

ggjv.jpg

vsox.jpg

0yeb.jpg

ffoz.jpg

If you didn't notice that album thematically dealt a pretty good amount in oxymorons and dichotomy.

"Songs" for the "Deaf"?

"Its been a good night. This is Dave Catching not saying goodnight. Just saying."

"Comin' atcha live from the middle of NOWHERE. The center of everywhere."

See what I mean? its a joke. ;)

• 3 months later...

I had the 2x12" boot on clear green with the "sperm" gatefold cover, it was good (7/10).  Then I got the newer boot with the pitchfork cover, black vinyl and alt. bonus tracks, it sucked (4/10).  Got rid of it and picked up another set on clear green with the sperm cover.

Really surprised that songs didnt come back in print around the time of clockwork.

• 3 years later...

Holy crap 15 years...I remember buying the cd at Tower when it came out and it blew me away. I will probably never own an original, but fwiw I have a black unofficial pressing that sounds supreme, a great improvement beyond the CD. Very slight surface noise here and there but it cranks real well. Song for the Dead melts my face with ease; I'll be content if its the only copy I ever own.

• 2 weeks later...