QOTSA Songs For The Deaf Blue/Yellow Pressing?

yeah a bunch of them are popping up on ebay. i wonder if there's a distro selling these? i definitely need to snag one, this is going to devalue this record for the interim. (edit) which is a good thing, i've been following this record on ebay for ever a year, trying to get a decent price

Yeah....looks 'boot like' for sure.  I can't tell if the yellow tag on the front is a sticker like the proper release.  The bootleg of Rated X printed the sticker graphic onto the cover.  And yeah, this is the first UK pressing boot I've seen.  The Ipecac pressing has had every color under the sun 'unofficially' pressed at this point. 

Yeah....looks 'boot like' for sure.  I can't tell if the yellow tag on the front is a sticker like the proper release.  The bootleg of Rated X printed the sticker graphic onto the cover.  And yeah, this is the first UK pressing boot I've seen.  The Ipecac pressing has had every color under the sun 'unofficially' pressed at this point. 

well, at least i can finally pick up a boot for under $75-$100. hopefully this drives the price down for all the other boots and OGs for a bit. I can't justify the cash at those prices right now. but I really want this LP

good point :(

maybe ill offload a few gems in my collection to fund it

Definitely worth owning an original. I've had the UK original since it came out and I heard people complain about the pressing from time to time but I think it sounds great. I never got around to buying the US version but some have said it sounds better than the UK pressing. Problem is, there's endless bootlegs. The US version only officially came out on red vinyl but a red bootleg version popped up a few years back so they're tough to distinguish. 

First time posting.

Just got a copy of this on black vinyl - will try and put photos too.

Has yellow and black writing on front (not sticker) - EU version... etc.

Spine interscope records - 493 435/1

On black vinyl.  Only thing I can't work out compared to discogs.com is the runoff matrices are labelled "deaf1" "deaf2" "deaf3" and "deaf4"

Otherwise not sure this is a boot or a repress, as it was only £25.

(note - wouldn't let me post images in the format they are in...  :( )

Any opinions on reissue/original/boot? Haven't had a chance to play it yet...

James

• 1 month later...

someone from SF was selling off a few of these (US version) boots on ebay. I picked one up for $46 with free shipping. The title description did not have "songs for the deaf" in it so it could only be searched by searching through all QOTSA vinyl and finding it through there. Nobody was bidding on it. 

I think the vinyl quality is pretty great. The jacket was what i expected from a boot. 

Matrix: B0000780-01-A-    

(B, C, D, respectively)