Hydra Health: A Hydra Head Rehabilitation Project (And All-Encompassing Thread)

Stoked for the represses. But does anyone know why Beyond Hypothermia isn't on that list? I would imagine that it should have been up there before Jupiter, but that's just me....

I really doubt the band or label cares about Beyond Hypothermia very much, and see UYHS and Jupiter as their real great albums... which they are.  I bet they'll repress it though eventually... it's good hardcore, and I'd definitely buy it even though I probably wouldn't listen to it very much.

• 3 weeks later...

CONVERGE "CARING AND KILLING" LP OUT LATER IN 2013 ON HYDRA HEAD, AS PART OF THE HYDRA HEALTH REHAB PROJECT

As part of the mission to revitalize their great label, Hydra Head will soon be releasing "Caring and Killing" the first original recordings from Converge, on vinyl.

This is not new music. This collection of early Converge material from 1991 to 1994 has existed for many years on CD and Digital formats. However this new and improved version of this release features revamped packaging from Aaron Turner and J. Bannon. The release has also been remastered by Alan Douches at West West Side Music and in sonically superior to any previous versions on the release.

Keep posted to the Hydra Head website for release/ordering information, coming later this year. In the meantime, please support their "Hydra Health" project as they work diligently to repair and maintain their great label.

- from the Deathwish Twitter

Hmmmm. I know something you don't know... ;)

Don't toy with me! My heart seriously skipped a bit and I have butterflies. I know that's a lot of reaction for one EP but I love it to death. Two of the greatest TAAS tracks ever are on there.....

I'm actually giddy right now. I'm sure there will be at least 2, possibly three colors. I hope one is black. I'm buying the shit out this thing.

i really wish taas would just get back together. perhaps my favorite band.

Fucking seriously. I'm right there with you.

• 2 weeks later...

So I thought this was interesting (from Ipecac.com):

Ipecac kicks off 2013 with this much anticipated release. Look for new releases coming soon from Mark Lanegan & Duke Garwood, the Melvins, Palms, the Soulsavers and ISIS !!!!! Going to be a good year for your ears.

What did I miss? Is there something coming from Isis that other people know about that I don't?

So I thought this was interesting (from Ipecac.com):

Ipecac kicks off 2013 with this much anticipated release. Look for new releases coming soon from Mark Lanegan & Duke Garwood, the Melvins, Palms, the Soulsavers and ISIS !!!!! Going to be a good year for your ears.

What did I miss? Is there something coming from Isis that other people know about that I don't?

That's fuckin' news to me. I hadn't heard of anything ISIS coming out at all. 

• 4 weeks later...

It's finally beginning. From Hydra Head's Facebook:

Drowningman - Busy Signal At the Suicide Hotline LP repress is hot off the vinyl
presses and on its way to our distributors and stores. Stay tuned for
the pre-order.

http://hydrahead.bandcamp.com/album/busy-signal-at-the-suicide-hotline

Not Botch or Cave In yet, but this album is pretty cool.

lol drowningman, another great choice by hh.  gutter queen is up next!

It is definitely a bit baffling why they're repressing it when it's around for good prices "used." I'm just happy this means we should be closer to the release of albums that will better benefit from being pressed/repressed.

Also, wish I could have sprung for the In These Black Days box when they were up. The few pictures I've seen look amazing.

Another cool thing about the box set is that it's a mixed bag of which versions you get. All of mine were colored copies and the Neurosis/Soilent Green split came with the hand numbered embossed cover. Very happy with that purchase overall and I thought HH was gonna charge a lot more for it.