Hydra Health: A Hydra Head Rehabilitation Project (And All-Encompassing Thread)

• 2 months later...

Don't have time to make a new thread right now, but Hydra Head has put up some Khanate represses in standard and deluxe versions.

https://hydrahead.merchtable.com/

Beat me to it  ;) 

Also, different variants available for Europe http://eu.kingsroadmerch.com/hydra-head-records/

Hm, what would be the most limited from merchtable?

• 1 month later...

I definitely understand Khanate now & am upset with myself for not doing so sooner... S/T was the perfect intro to them.

Has anyone ordered the reissues? Any thoughts/comments?

I am mainly wondering if the artwork is the same across the board for the jackets, sleeves, and inserts. I checked out Things Viral on discogs & that has some damn beautiful artwork going on inside.

51 minutes ago, Neanderthal said:

I definitely understand Khanate now & am upset with myself for not doing so sooner... S/T was the perfect intro to them.

Has anyone ordered the reissues? Any thoughts/comments?

I am mainly wondering if the artwork is the same across the board for the jackets, sleeves, and inserts. I checked out Things Viral on discogs & that has some damn beautiful artwork going on inside.

I don't have earlier pressings to compare them with, but I'm very happy with the reissues.  The S/T is superior in my eyes due to it including No Joy and the remix.  Packaging and LPs are heavy duty (like most HH stuff) and they sound real nice.  I haven't had time for the Things Viral live LP, but the S/T live disk seemed to be worth the extra money.

25 minutes ago, Neanderthal said:

Excellent, thanks for the info! :)

S/T is what I'm looking to pick up, would you mind telling me if it is a 3LP gatefold? Or is the bonus 12" in it's own jacket?

2xLP gatefold and the 12" is in a white label sleeve with a small sticker with tracklisting and what not.  The bonus 12"s are real bare bones.

Edited by jonrawks

• 1 month later...

Looks like Pelican - City of Echoes is the next release.  2xLP with a live show on the second disc.  James Plotkin remaster.  3 colors available, $20.99 + shipping.

https://hydrahead.merchtable.com/music/vinyl/pelican-city-of-echoes-vinyl-lp#.V6Fd25SVvRY

Live LP and remaster aren't enough for me to pick up another copy, but cool for those who don't already have this!

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

If, for some reason, you're browsing this thread and don't know who Mare was, or you just don't own their one and only record, fucking buy it.

It's one of my favorite EPs ever, they couldn't possibly have been a more criminally underrated band.

Just buy it, don't even listen to it first. If you're a fan of Hydra Head you'll like it.

On 8/2/2016 at 10:00 PM, jonrawks said:

Looks like Pelican - City of Echoes is the next release.  2xLP with a live show on the second disc.  James Plotkin remaster.  3 colors available, $20.99 + shipping.

https://hydrahead.merchtable.com/music/vinyl/pelican-city-of-echoes-vinyl-lp#.V6Fd25SVvRY

Live LP and remaster aren't enough for me to pick up another copy, but cool for those who don't already have this!

I am so totally grabbing a copy of this. I managed to get a silver/grey copy pretty cheap back in like 2010 or so then I recently traded it for a black copy and played it all the way through for the first time in a long time and realized how much I really loved the album. I'm excited to hear the live LP but mostly I want to hear what's new about the mastering on the original album.

On 8/2/2016 at 10:04 PM, Derek™ said:

That's actually a really good price, too.  Especially from Hydra.

Seriously. A stupendously good price.

40 minutes ago, AsleepOnRocks said:

If, for some reason, you're browsing this thread and don't know who Mare was, or you just don't own their one and only record, fucking buy it.

It's one of my favorite EPs ever, they couldn't possibly have been a more criminally underrated band.

Just buy it, don't even listen to it first. If you're a fan of Hydra Head you'll like it.

100% agree!!! Ordered the blue variant!! 5 songs only but some of the best heavy music ever....