Sun Kil Moon & The Album Leaf

Guest deathbydrums

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well, i am sure there will be more copies of Among the Leaves coming soon. According to his record label much more vinyl copies been pressed than being sold. Stay tuned.

http://www.theuncool.com/vinyl/sun-kil-moon-among-the-leaves/

That info is old. The site states that there are 300 on blue but the latest is that there are 500. Furthermore, I haven't heard anywhere that black copies have actually been pressed.

Guest deathbydrums

I think that site has several pressing info errors. Mark Kozelek Live at Union Station & Sodra Teatern, I believe was 500 black (they look red/green marble only when held up to very bright light, otherwise they look solid black) and 200 clear numbered bought direct/tour copies in a letter-pressed sleeve, so total of 700. Also, Desertshore info is missing - 400 orange. Sun Kil Moon Admiral Fell Promises on black unlimited? Pretty sure I remember 1000 white/1000 black for that one. Probably just my fading memory.

Honestly if anyone knows the patterns of Mark Kozelek, he doesnt really care! He probably will rarely if ever repress any of his records! CDs would be more likely....But scraping additional presses is frequent thing! The Album Leaf collaboration wasnt even going to get a vinyl press, but Jimmy pushed for it! This of course is a sad thing, as Sun Kil Moon and Mark Koz makes amazing music that should continue to be in print! Hopefully he will learn he can keep making money! But he funds/does all the pressings/CD's himself....

Also I can 100% confirm there are no BLACK copies of ATL....that was scrapped (at least for now) and that site had that info before preorders even went up for ATL...(unless promo copies exist? doubtful, as those would of eventually popped up no ebay)