Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

1 hour ago, coreystevens88 said:

I was right in front of Maynard on the railing for this show - would love to hear this if you wouldn't mind sharing my way as well.

Sent you a link via message. Enjoy the memories of the show my friend!

Edited by My Big 12"

Here is the show and setlist. It will disappear by noon. You can thank me later for creating the file itself, and for sharing one of THE best boots out there. The END.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cklntu41dv1dll1/%5BEPIC%20IEM%5D%20Tool%20Live%20Charlotte%202016%20%28Full%20Concert%29.wav?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ymc5y0ao9hllbh/Tool%20Live.docx?dl=0

Edited by My Big 12"

2 hours ago, My Big 12" said:

Here is the show and setlist. It will disappear by noon. You can thank me later for creating the file itself, and for sharing one of THE best boots out there. The END.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cklntu41dv1dll1/%5BEPIC%20IEM%5D%20Tool%20Live%20Charlotte%202016%20%28Full%20Concert%29.wav?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ymc5y0ao9hllbh/Tool%20Live.docx?dl=0

reported for spreading illegal downloads 

And yet the majority of posts concerning this thread, deals with how to identify and indeed purchase bootleg vinyl from varying sources, and yet I can't give away a show free? I would laugh if it wasn't such a stupid fucking notion. This is my last post. To hell with forums that carry assholes in their ranks. To the cool folks on this forum. Happy hunting and enjoy music, live music, be music. I'm out....

Edited by My Big 12"

So Tool announced some shows in Utah, Colorado, and Arkansas, and it was leaked that they're doing Aftershock in Sacramento and the rumor is they're gonna play Voodoo in New Orleans, which makes sense since the dates for the shows are right before Halloween, when Voodoo takes place.

DATES:

October 22nd Aftershock, Sacramento, CA

October 24th Maverik Center, Salt Lake City, UT

October 26th Pepsi Center, Denver, CO

October 28th Verizon Arena, Little Rock, AR

I'm probably gonna make the 6 hour trek to Aftershock.

On 2/3/2016 at 3:13 PM, bossdj26 said:

Maynard has publicly stated he hates utilizing analog because it's a limited medium in regards to recording efficiency. 

He's one of the few that pushes high resolution digital not only for the convenience but because he prefers the "clean" production. Add all that with the fact that he hates the majority of Tool's fanbase. He wants Tool to be heard on a CD instead of vinyl.

IMO, I don't think we'll see more official pressings of this until he drops dead or the second hand prices start hitting in the thousands. Money talks at the end of the day.

I wish this would come to fruition.  Simply a 24 bit catalog release in lossless.  Keep the dynamics found on the vinyl releases, do that for Salival & 10k.  It also seems odd they don't release "Wings for Marie/10,000 Days (Wings Part 2)" as a surround track.  It already has all that stupid sounding thunder on the CD.*

*by stupid I mean unrealistic.  if you've ever watched a movie with surround sound, you know what i mean.  it can sound startling and awesome.

Edited by firefoxussr
knowing the pieces fit