Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/04/2017 at 7:44 PM, Skacel said:

I have seen Lateralus popping up on some sites for pre order. Does anyone have any info on this?

E.g. http://store.hmv.com/music/vinyl/lateralus

It's not cheap either.

Looking at Discogs, there appears to be a new pressing using new plates. Still a picture disc, though.

The whole AEnima thing has gone quiet. I have my (formerly) sealed and unplayed OP, so I'm good. I also expect the new pressing will be super expensive to buy and super expensive again to import.

1 hour ago, ExtraFox said:

Looking at Discogs, there appears to be a new pressing using new plates. Still a picture disc, though.

The whole AEnima thing has gone quiet. I have my (formerly) sealed and unplayed OP, so I'm good. I also expect the new pressing will be super expensive to buy and super expensive again to import.

There's 2 masterings of Lateralus available on the pic disk. One is mastereded  by Chris Bellman (CB in the deadwax). That is the one you want.

They both share the same catalog number and jacket etc. Only difference is the space left in the deadwax.

https://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/367465

Click on the links for pics and more info.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2017 at 8:08 PM, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

Does he explain why they haven't played a single song from Undertow this tour?

Believe they didn't play undertow last year either. 

2014 last time a song from that album has been played 

Tool in 2016 is like going to see a nostalgia tour. Nothing new and same rehashed show. Plus one of the worst fanbase ever

Edited by youspinmeround

21 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Believe they didn't play undertow last year either. 

2014 last time a ding from that album has been played 

Tool in 2016 is like going to see a nostalgia tour. Nothing new and same rehashed show. Plus one of the worst fanbase ever

The did The Pot though when I saw them last week so that was new, and honestly I didn't have a horrible time with the fanbase with the exception of one drunk dude, I actually had a really good time with my girlfriend who mainly wanted to see Clutch, while I enjoyed Primus and Tool.

But yeah, they really haven't switched up their set the last couple of years. They did play Sweat and Opiate though so they are doing some old songs, just nothing off Undertow for whatever reason.

It's pretty fucking weak. I have not paid to see a Tool show since about 2001 and probably never will due to the high ticket prices and complete lack of spontaneity. I love Undertow (favorite album of theirs and I prefer Paul D'Amour's playing style and tone) and since they've completely turned their back on it I have very few reasons to go see them play an arena with shite sound.

I've never seen them play "Third Eye" up until this past tour so I'm still glad I was there.  I feel let down that there was no Undertow material played. The first time I ever saw Tool they played "Eulogy" and "Undertow" back to back and Maynard was an animal. That was one of the greatest concert experiences of my life.

• 1 month later...

Wow. I really hope that is real. I also really hope that Lateralus is remastered in proper track order. I also hope that NONE of these are fucking picture discs. Can't wait to see how these come out. 

I also really hope that got a vinyl cutting genius like Golden or Ludwig on this as well.

12 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

Wow. I really hope that is real. I also really hope that Lateralus is remastered in proper track order. I also hope that NONE of these are fucking picture discs. Can't wait to see how these come out. 

I also really hope that got a vinyl cutting genius like Golden or Ludwig on this as well.

The Chris Bellman mastering of Lateralus on black vinyl would make me happy as a pig in shit.  You can hear how good it should be on the pic disc, but I want to hear his job on straight black wax. Maybe they got CB to do all the others as well?  PLEASE, no picture discs, no colors, just good old boring black.

Edited by vinyl addict