Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Actually just fucking around, and anyone who's faimilar with Tool and UO should know that wouldn't fly.  Please don't go into UO in November.  Or ever, if you can help it.

Just wink or cough or something if one of the variants has a plastic sheet that gives the same effect the original cd

And just to reiterate, I have zero idea what the tentative packaging would entail, what it'd be priced at, or anything like.  Genuinely wish I had more details to get hyped on, but like I said previously... even if it's vague news, it's worth celebrating that an official press is on the tangible horizon instead of stuck in the land of what if...

3 hours ago, Barberbro said:

I meant to like your post  but tapped it twice. 

I thought A company took it over. 

I think a few companies bought up their existing stock, but it was retailers like Acoustic Sounds. No one today is doing 100% AAA masterings with the kind of name artists that Classic got during their heyday, and (even worse) new reissues from the same artists don't use their plates. 
So basically, all their pressings go for high-to-crazy prices now. Not just the Zeppelins ($150 and up) but nearly all the Peter Gabriels... and Genesis... and even stuff like Norah Jones, Sarah McLachlan, and Dido. (DIDO IS A $250+ RECORD. Wrap your mind around that: https://www.discogs.com/Dido-No-Angel/release/168493 )

41 minutes ago, filthyrich said:

Is this the same Maynard who decided to release his band's greatest album only as a picture disc?

Touché

Albeit a good one.

But from the rumors I've been seeing around the net, I won't be surprised . Tool's gonna be touring until this fall. Then I'm thinking this is when they'll release info on Lateralus and/or Ænima. Lateralus finally getting a proper release, then Ænima getting the super treatment. Ie. Box, color and/or exclusive pressing. There's a possible leak. But like what Derek said it's not concrete.

Personally, I think this is the year!

1 hour ago, filthyrich said:

I think a few companies bought up their existing stock, but it was retailers like Acoustic Sounds. No one today is doing 100% AAA masterings with the kind of name artists that Classic got during their heyday, and (even worse) new reissues from the same artists don't use their plates. 
So basically, all their pressings go for high-to-crazy prices now. Not just the Zeppelins ($150 and up) but nearly all the Peter Gabriels... and Genesis... and even stuff like Norah Jones, Sarah McLachlan, and Dido. (DIDO IS A $250+ RECORD. Wrap your mind around that: https://www.discogs.com/Dido-No-Angel/release/168493 )

I actually bought quite a few titles years ago for pretty cheap. They all sound fantastic. Have that Dido too....

20 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Honest question- would any of us believe it had they said the albums are in fact coming out in 2017?

Not actually getting my hopes up for new music but the Aenima repress definitely has my attention. 

10 minutes ago, Admerr said:

Honest question- would any of us believe it had they said the albums are in fact coming out in 2017?

Not actually getting my hopes up for new music but the Aenima repress definitely has my attention. 

I actually believed that APC might have a new record coming out at some point this year after the news broke of them signing to BMG.

12 hours ago, VinylMario said:

I have a funny feeling about VMP DROPPING a bomb

Getting DD and Tidal leads me to believe that almost anything is possible with them. Off-the-record, they have tried for QOTSA's SftD a few times but have failed... so they are going after the white whales and Tool's discography has been a vocal point on the board... so you never know. 

6 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Getting DD and Tidal leads me to believe that almost anything is possible with them. Off-the-record, they have tried for QOTSA's SftD a few times but have failed... 

IIRC they've been trying Tidal for 2 years, so now that they've accomplished DD/Tidal and have a well-sized membership, I really think anything's possible.

Also for fuck's sake can we get Songs For The Deaf already? I wanna feel my room shake when Millionaire kicks in. 

6 hours ago, Plarocks said:

How does the Dido sound?

I'll let you know when I crack it open. Bought it for the wife who is not a big fan of vinyl. I can tell you that my Zeppelin III, Peter Gabriel -So, and Dave Brubeck - Time Out  sound fanfuckintastic!!!! 

On on another note. I contacted VMP about an Ænima press and got a pretty funny but convincing  answer denying that they were going to do it. I'm gonna throw my hat behind MoV.....