Burial (Hyperdub Records)

14 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Someone please wake me up when Burial's next album goes up for PO.  Thank you.

If you mean you've been waiting since 'Untrue' you have been/will miss out.  I doubt Burial will ever return to the 'album' format that existed on S/T and Untrue.  If you listen to his Singles/EPs you'll realize the only difference in the layout between Untrue and Rival Dealer is that Rival Dealer isn't broken up into 13 tracks.

If you consider Rival Dealer his last album, then disregard the above!  And yeah, three years since a proper Burial release, I'm jonesing too.

Yeah, "album" may have been the wrong word to use there.  I have all the EPs and actually enjoy them quite a bit.  As much as I'd love another double LP / full album from Burial, I'd gladly settle for another 20-30 minute EP, absolutely.

One new track on a split with Zomby is something I can't get particularly excited about, but more power to those who can.  If his single takes up one of the entire sides of the 12", though, I may be persuaded...

2 hours ago, rooks said:

Yah, I saw the /5000 listing elsewhere too. The majority of places I saw were also enforcing the 1 per person policy.

Burial stuff goes quick, especially the singles/EPs. And Zomby's got his own following as well. These will be gone.

if i'm reading the announcement correctly, it would appear that 2,000 of them will be available outside the UK. so a real possibility I could order from US distro.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah, "album" may have been the wrong word to use there.  I have all the EPs and actually enjoy them quite a bit.  As much as I'd love another double LP / full album from Burial, I'd gladly settle for another 20-30 minute EP, absolutely.

One new track on a split with Zomby is something I can't get particularly excited about, but more power to those who can.  If his single takes up one of the entire sides of the 12", though, I may be persuaded...

It's a one sided 10 inch with a collaborative track from the 2 of them together. :(

Still though, my favorite Burial track of all time, and honestly my favorite track of all time period came from a similar collaboration with Four Tet. Don't expect Zomby+Burial to hit quite that height, but, I will take anything I can get. 

• 4 months later...

Pretty funny that a dude who posts on the Burial forum on Reddit saw the new single for $15 and was like "huh, a new release I didn't know about. Pass." 

I know $15 is a lot for a single, but you love the dude enough to post on a Reddit forum devoted to the guy. How do not drop the cash blindly?

Edited by timsimmons

1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

Pretty funny that a dude who posts on the Burial forum on Reddit saw the new single for $15 and was like "huh, a new release I didn't know about. Pass." 

I know $15 is a lot for a single, but you love the dude enough to post on a Reddit forum devoted to the guy. How do not drop the cash blindly?

Lmao, absolutely.

Anyway, this should be legit and hbd100. rumor says release between today and December 2nd. keep your eyes peeled!

So a rip is out there. Someone ripped it at 33. Someone else then corrected the slow mp3s to 45 in an audio program, so even then it's not 100% correct, but it's close. 

Either way, pretty ambient release. Nightmarket is pretty synthy. Kinda cool. My initial reaction is, it's not better than the Kindred or Rival Dealer EPs but still great. 

Edited by timsimmons

No, this shouldn't be hard to find considering the past few's availability.

https://boomkat.com/products/burial-b2ec5f84-f563-4bda-8423-8c7e32719fc0

Ordered from boomkat a few mins ago.

• 5 months later...