Dr. Strange Records

I searched and searched for the thread we had going on good customer service from distros and record stores and came up empty handed. But I wanted to give big ups to Dr. Strange. They just went above and beyond my customer service expectations. I got a 7" from them that was labeled wrong on their site (said it was a tour press, but was a standard press). Sent an email, they responded within seconds and apologized and told me to send it back for something else. I sent it back, but hadn't had time to go through and find what I wanted (they have a HUGE selection). Yesterday, they called to remind me that I had the credit. I called back today, ordered something with my credit, plus a few other things. They said shipping is on them because of the mix-up and they'll throw in some freebies to boot. Between the emails and phone calls they must've apologized for the mix-up a few dozen times. Very refreshing in a time when you don't even get an email back from a store/distro when something goes wrong.

Just wanted to share. Go on over to the Dr. Strange site if you're looking for some crazy rarities...they'll treat you right.

I searched and searched for the thread we had going on good customer service from distros and record stores and came up empty handed. But I wanted to give big ups to Dr. Strange. They just went above and beyond my customer service expectations. I got a 7" from them that was labeled wrong on their site (said it was a tour press, but was a standard press). Sent an email, they responded within seconds and apologized and told me to send it back for something else. I sent it back, but hadn't had time to go through and find what I wanted (they have a HUGE selection). Yesterday, they called to remind me that I had the credit. I called back today, ordered something with my credit, plus a few other things. They said shipping is on them because of the mix-up and they'll throw in some freebies to boot. Between the emails and phone calls they must've apologized for the mix-up a few dozen times. Very refreshing in a time when you don't even get an email back from a store/distro when something goes wrong.

Just wanted to share. Go on over to the Dr. Strange site if you're looking for some crazy rarities...they'll treat you right.

i love doctor strange records, i order from the webstore ALL the time, probably my favorite site to get records from, if i lived in california i would go their every day. i even get free 7"s in all of my orders.

I agree, Dr strange is amazing. I used to love to send in my 3 bucks and get like a 50 page catalog in about a week. I would study that thing in all my classes and it was great becuase he had brief descriptions of the bands so it was easy to pick out new bands. That was the olden days before webstores.

But i have placed orders with them every few months for the last 10 years, great guy!

I used to love to send in my 3 bucks and get like a 50 page catalog in about a week. I would study that thing in all my classes and it was great becuase he had brief descriptions of the bands so it was easy to pick out new bands.

Totally!!!

I used to send $$ in just for the catalog. Same with Revelation and Subterranean for a while. Sound Idea out of Florida were also great and Westworld/Toxic Shock

http://www.toxicranchrecords.com/frame.htm

out of Arizona had cool descriptions like Dr. Strange. Angry Young and Poor arrived a little later (97/98?) and were also good for some limited records.

The internet has definitely changed things.

yeah, when i cleaned out my closet and found a bunch of old dr stange catalogs and i saw one that had Alkaline trio's sundails 7" in it for $3.60

hahaha! I ordered that from them...probably the same old catalog... and they emailed me asking which catalog did I pick my order from because they were out of almost everything i asked for...they never quite replied when i said it was out of the one they just sent me...the only one of their catalogs i ever owned...