PO :: Wonder Years - The Upsides (DELUXE) 2LP

tokimedo

• 2 weeks later...

How's it sound? I think everyone's prolly wondering if the record we ordered 5 months ago has even been worth it...

Thinking realistically, probably not. I originally intended on canceling my order for a refund but then I got an email from MerchNow (who I contacted about the refund considering that's where NSR is right now) and they told me to contact Chris... so I just let it go. Not to mention this has since sold out and it's hard to find a copy of Suburbia for under $30 (as opposed to the $11 and change I paid for it with my pre-order of this record) so... I'll bite my tongue a little longer... I guess. I only hope we all live to see this record in our possession before we die of old age.

How's it sound? I think everyone's prolly wondering if the record we ordered 5 months ago has even been worth it...

I actually haven't been able to listen to it yet. I'm waiting on a new cartridge for my table. Someone I know who got theirs already from BanquetRecords said that it got stuck mid-song but I think he cleaned it again and it sounded okay.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to bump the thread, but I thought that since a lot of people were still waiting on this, if this piece of satire wasn't posted anywhere on the boards yet that this would be a good thread to post it in.

http://thehardtimes.net/2016/03/01/man-receives-record-he-ordered-14-years-ago-in-mail/

sorry to bump the thread, but I thought that since a lot of people were still waiting on this, if this piece of satire wasn't posted anywhere on the boards yet that this would be a good thread to post it in.

http://thehardtimes.net/2016/03/01/man-receives-record-he-ordered-14-years-ago-in-mail/

Brilliant

MerchNow just told me on Twitter that they have these in stock and have started shipping.

About time! I just hope we all receive any records we ordered with it though. I bought the bundle with Suburbia and a copy of A Comp For Mom too

The only reason I never canceled my order for the Upsides/Suburbia bundle is because I'm pretty sure they got the pricing wrong. I got the bundle for $27 shipped.

I actually didn't buy the bundle now that I think about it, it was cheaper to just buy The Upsides and Suburbia separately for some reason (kinda defeats the purpose of the bundle no?). Also at the time I ordered there was a discount code going around, so I got both records + A comp for mom for like $33 shipped if I remember correctly. I actually emailed MerchNow about canceling the order but they told me to email Chris, which I didn't care to do, so I told them nevermind. For the price I paid for all 3 records I'd be lucky if I found just a copy of Suburbia, so fuck it I can wait a little longer. 

Remember when I said I cancelled this? Turns out that I didn't. Apparently no one is checking [email protected]. Anyway, I received this today. Looks good. The D Side etching is disappointing. It's 'The Upsides' in the same font as on the cover. A little creativity would have been appreciated as far as that goes.