Record player sounding scratchy towards end of record.

It's the sound of your records screaming in agony from constantly being abused by that ION.

As parklife said, seems like you've got IGD, which is basically just a tracking issue.  A better cart would certainly help, although I wouldn't personally spend any money in an attempt to upgrade that turntable.  Before you buy a new cartridge, I would make sure that everything is set up and aligned properly.  No clue how much adjusting you can do with that ION, but refer to the manual and look for terms such as "Vertical Tracking Angle" (VTA) and "overhang."

Oh, the AT120e is a great, inexpensive choice.  I'd probably go even cheaper with the AT95e.

yeah, i didn't want to be the one to suggest a new table, but bearchuck is right. you should definitely look into a whole new player.

yeah I defiantly will when i get more money. The reason I got the ION, is because it doesn't need to be hooked up to a receiver. So I can just plug my aux cord from my speakers. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bumped because I'm having the same issue with my Audio Technica AT-LP60. based on a little research it sounds like I'd need to replace the whole cartridge on it, since there's no way to calibrate this turn table?? :/

It's my first record player and I've only had it for a month so i'm not really about to replace the whole cartridge but if that's all I can do without having to get a whole new system then I might have to.

• 1 month later...