Recently Viewing

So I'm sure there was a thread along these lines sometime ago, but there isn't one now, so it's time to fix that.  So I watch a lot of movies, probably one or two a day, and I'm always curious as to what everybody else has been digging on, whether it be new flicks or ones being revisited.  Let's hear what people are digging on.

Just rewatched Punch Drunk Love and forgot how awesome it was.  I definitely wish Sandler would take on more serious roles these days. 

Just loaded punch drunk love into my que a few days ago simply because I didn't appreciate it at the time but wanted to revisit it. Ironic you bring it up.

I haven't been to a new release in years. Social anxiety ruins everything for me. So it's mostly revisiting for me.

Into docs now. Just watched one about obsessed Tiffany (80's pop) fans with disorders called 'I think we're alone now'.

Watched Adventureland again the other day, so good.  And watched Up In The Air for the first time last night and I feel so dumb so going so long without seeing it.  Just saw Anna Karenina and the music from it made me want to watch Black Swan so that's what I'm watching right now.

i actually just got done watching Looper...pretty well made and interesting movie, definitely worth a watch!

if you're into documentaries there's an awesome one that the group "Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth" made called 9/11 Explosive Evidence that's up on youtube.

also, now that the semester's done i'll get a chance to get to the ones i've been bookmarking to watch so i'm looking forward to that!

movies I watched all the time on rotation on VHS/DVD through college

Usual Suspects

A Bronx Tale

Goodfellas

back to the future 1 and 2

Indiana Jones

couldnt tell you how many times I watched those movies, but it got to a point where I was at a bar a couple years ago that had a TV on mute with Back to the Future 1 on, and I was reciting, drunkenly, the movie a second before it would happen muted on the TV.  got many free drinks that night.

Rewatched Kill List last night, if anybody hasn't seen it, I highly recommend a viewing.  It teeters between being a really pretty movie and being a really gritty dirtball of a film.  By the end I can't tell whether or not I need to hug my family or take the longest, hottest shower ever known to man to wipe away the filth.  Please watch this movie. 

I watched The Social Network 1.5 times lats night. I just got to the end and started it over again, I love that movie. The soundtrack is incredible. Just the first scene, the exchange between Mark Zuckerberg and his girlfriend at the time, is so brilliantly done, so well written and perfectly executed, that I could just watch it again and again and be fine to not watch the rest of the movie.

Watched Adventureland again the other day, so good.  And watched Up In The Air for the first time last night and I feel so dumb so going so long without seeing it.  Just saw Anna Karenina and the music from it made me want to watch Black Swan so that's what I'm watching right now.

i always push this movie on the people who complain that kristen stewart can't act.

adventureland and meet the rileys. both great movies.

and i've never seen a single twilight.

Rewatched Kill List last night, if anybody hasn't seen it, I highly recommend a viewing.  It teeters between being a really pretty movie and being a really gritty dirtball of a film.  By the end I can't tell whether or not I need to hug my family or take the longest, hottest shower ever known to man to wipe away the filth.  Please watch this movie. 

Listen to this man.  Kill List is probably in my top 10 favorite films of all-time.

Silent Night, Deadly Night is the best Christmas horror movie ever. Have you seen Santa's Slay? It has Goldberg in it, but has one of the best opening scenes.

Can't forget about Part II though!  Well... the second half at least!  And I have not.  I've heard of it though, and if it's still on Netflix Instant then I might finally check it out here soon.

I primarily watch documentaries on Netflix Instant. Here's some I watched recently:

The September Issue (about the making of the September issue of Vogue; didn't care for it too much)

The Parking Lot Movie (about a parking lot and its attendants in Virginia, I think? Can't remember the exact location, but it was entertaining)

Super High Me (kinda pointless, expected a little more out of it but the non-Doug Benson stuff about the DEA raiding the medical dispensaries in CA was really interesting)

Chasing Ghosts: Beyond The Arcade (I really liked this—it's a doc about the guy who created Twin Galaxies, the arcade in Iowa that played a big role in The King Of Kong doc. It also reunites a bunch of the old world record holders for the classic arcade games, including Billy Mitchell.)

I primarily watch documentaries on Netflix Instant. Here's some I watched recently:

The September Issue (about the making of the September issue of Vogue; didn't care for it too much)

The Parking Lot Movie (about a parking lot and its attendants in Virginia, I think? Can't remember the exact location, but it was entertaining)

Super High Me (kinda pointless, expected a little more out of it but the non-Doug Benson stuff about the DEA raiding the medical dispensaries in CA was really interesting)

Chasing Ghosts: Beyond The Arcade (I really liked this—it's a doc about the guy who created Twin Galaxies, the arcade in Iowa that played a big role in The King Of Kong doc. It also reunites a bunch of the old world record holders for the classic arcade games, including Billy Mitchell.)

I thought that The Parking Lot was a pretty enjoyable documentary.  Definitely an easy watch.