The best thing I can tell you that I've learnt along the way is this: do what makes you happy. No matter what age you are or may feel like, it's all down to what you feel fulfills you and moves you along. If you grow along the way, great. But at the same time don't get constrained by the norms and ideals that society may force upon you. 

I'm on the cusp of turning 40. And yet still think and feel younger than that. I do things that could be looked down upon b/c of my age like listening to hardcore and punk and going to shows and being financially irresponsible (don't recommend that) and yet...it's all good. 

If I were to get caught up on the pressures from society and parents and life that I should've settled down already with a wife and kids and house and all that stuff...dude...I would have lost my mind already. 

This.  This is some deep shit.  The tao of VC.

I did the most american thing possible today by going grocery shopping at Walmart at 7am. That's the span of my patriotism today so far. Ready to spend a few hours in headphones listening to The Grateful Dead's show from last night, and then catch the one tonight as well. Totally couch touring it this whole weekend..

What's wrong with Target? I've heard that Walmart is a bunch of pricks, but I've never heard anything bad about Target. That being said, I've never really known anyone who worked at Target. Same issues?

Yes! Not being here much either, I still picked up on that place not treating you so well. Congrats, Princess.

I got a new job too, different position at my last company. I lasted at a start-up for all of a month. 

Also, YO DUDES. 

Today starts my ten days off in a row. Colorado on Sunday.

Sup, mountains?

I'm gonna get yelled at if I multiquote too much ;) so thank you to everyone for the well wishes and warm welcome back into the community. I'm gonna tryyyyy to be more active but no promises. 

As for Target, I guess it depends where you work. It's either REALLY awesome or REALLY NO GOOD TERRIBLE AWFUL. Our higher up management was awful, I can't even put it into words. What I can say is that after I left, I was told that it is likely that I'm suffering a mild form of post-traumatic stress disorder from how they treated me. I couldn't sleep through the night, constant nightmares, I can't drive past a target without getting hit with really bad anxiety, and I was always sick to my stomach. I called the "integrity hotline" and threw them under the bus, luckily I kept a well documented log of experiences but it didn't really seem to do much other than calm me down emotionally. So I guess that counts for something?

Congrats on your new position, girl!!! New jobs/positions are exciting. Colorado is also exciting.  

Merry Christmas, America.

Congrats on your new position, girl!!! New jobs/positions are exciting. Colorado is also exciting.  

Thanks lady. I felt very, very similar feelings as you at my old position, and I have a small worry about going back to the company but I have heard nothing but good things about this new position and department. It's a completely different building, so I'm hoping for the best.

Merry Christmas, America.

Thanks lady. I felt very, very similar feelings as you at my old position, and I have a small worry about going back to the company but I have heard nothing but good things about this new position and department. It's a completely different building, so I'm hoping for the best.

Yeah, it's not a good feeling at all. I hope this new position is much better!! It sounds promising.

I'm gonna get yelled at if I multiquote too much ;) so thank you to everyone for the well wishes and warm welcome back into the community. I'm gonna tryyyyy to be more active but no promises. 

As for Target, I guess it depends where you work. It's either REALLY awesome or REALLY NO GOOD TERRIBLE AWFUL. Our higher up management was awful, I can't even put it into words. What I can say is that after I left, I was told that it is likely that I'm suffering a mild form of post-traumatic stress disorder from how they treated me. I couldn't sleep through the night, constant nightmares, I can't drive past a target without getting hit with really bad anxiety, and I was always sick to my stomach. I called the "integrity hotline" and threw them under the bus, luckily I kept a well documented log of experiences but it didn't really seem to do much other than calm me down emotionally. So I guess that counts for something?

Oh, well it's good you're out of there. I've never heard of Target being as evil as Walmart, but the more you know...

I now have some plans for tonight, but I feel super anxious today. My body is taking a long time to adapt to these meds, but I am still going to go out for a bit. No drinking, just chilling. I probably won't know many people there, so that'll be interesting too.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic