Thomas,

I have narrowed it down to the following analog set up:

mmf 2.2

DDA120

KEF Q300B

I'll be in audio heaven.

after checking out that DDA120 I think I may go that route as well. There is a Sona Moonbeam on the craigslist here that I'm really considering grabbing if its still available once I have some extra money. 

Thomas,

I have narrowed it down to the following analog set up:

mmf 2.2

DDA120

KEF Q300B

I'll be in audio heaven.

I don't know anything about those speakers, but they look nice as hell. I imagine that set-up will sound fantastic. Going to upgrade your cart? I really want to go the MC route, but my AT does not really warrant it unless it is a Denon DL-110 or another high output one.

after checking out that DDA120 I think I may go that route as well. There is a Sona Moonbeam on the craigslist here that I'm really considering grabbing if its still available once I have some extra money. 

I've heard really good things about the Sota tables. I'd grab one if I could get one locally.

I'm really impressed by what I've been reading. The only cons I've read are things that don't apply to / concern me. The thing looks damn slick, and I'm all about a compact, yet powerful amp. So we'll see how it goes. 

I heard those Beams are fucking nuts!

I don't know anything about those speakers, but they look nice as hell. I imagine that set-up will sound fantastic. Going to upgrade your cart? I really want to go the MC route, but my AT does not really warrant it unless it is a Denon DL-110 or another high output one.

The cart would be the next thing on my list. My cart still has a few good months of use left in it. But yeah, for sure, upgrading that once I suck all the juice out of my current one. I'd love to go back to a Grado or a Ortofon 2m Blue. But who knows, maybe I'll upgrade to a mmf5.1 all together. 

Matt, here's my system. It needs work. I plan on building a flexy stand, and moving the record storage to the other side of the room soon. I want a more condensed area, and to get my speakers out of the corner and away from the walls.

yxjtPjYl.jpg

The cart would be the next thing on my list. My cart still has a few good months of use left in it. But yeah, for sure, upgrading that once I suck all the juice out of my current one. I'd love to go back to a Grado or a Ortofon 2m Blue. But who knows, maybe I'll upgrade to a mmf5.1 all together. 

I've heard good things about the Ortofon 2M Blue, and Grado are always good if your system does not cause hum (like mine would). I really want a Dynavector 10X5 cartridge, but need a table that makes it worth mounting on it first.

Matt, here's my system. It needs work. I plan on building a flexy stand, and moving the record storage to the other side of the room soon. I want a more condensed area, and to get my speakers out of the corner and away from the walls.

yxjtPjYl.jpg

How far our are those speakers from your wall? They look to be about 2' which is choice. You should turn them in every so slightly. Maybe by about 15 degrees. You'll be amazed at the difference.

I've heard good things about the Ortofon 2M Blue, and Grado are always good if your system does not cause hum (like mine would). I really want a Dynavector 10X5 cartridge, but need a table that makes it worth mounting on it first.

My new system won't cause hum. I get a little hum on my current set up, but only if that bitch is cranked up to +50db.

How far our are those speakers from your wall? They look to be about 2' which is choice. You should turn them in every so slightly. Maybe by about 15 degrees. You'll be amazed at the difference.

About a foot. The plan is to angle them a bit, once I can get them a little closer together. I really want to get the turntable off that shitty ikea table, and the speaker out of the doorway.

About a foot. The plan is to angle them a bit, once I can get them a little closer together. I really want to get the turntable off that shitty ikea table, and the speaker out of the doorway.

Yeah a nice solid and heavy shelf would do wonders. As well as some sound killing feet pads for the turntable.

Yeah a nice solid and heavy shelf would do wonders. As well as some sound killing feet pads for the turntable.

I'm hoping, since I really don't like the look now, but it works. I'm sorta debating rearranging my prints too an wall mounting my components. Need to grab some blue jeans cables too. Damn upgrade bug bit me good. I really need to get rid of that AT PL120 though.

Okay, so there was a deal in the Amazon thread for Taylor Swift's 1989 for like $12 shipped used. I put it in my cart and hovered over the "submit order" button, and I decided to back out, but I slipped on the mouse.

I can't decide whether or not to cancel my order, so I figured I'd leave it up to you guys. First person to reply with "yes" or "no" decides whether or not I keep it.

Okay, so there was a deal in the Amazon thread for Taylor Swift's 1989 for like $12 shipped used. I put it in my cart and hovered over the "submit order" button, and I decided to back out, but I slipped on the mouse.

I can't decide whether or not to cancel my order, so I figured I'd leave it up to you guys. First person to reply with "yes" or "no" decides whether or not I keep it.

Keep it, you little shit.

Do it

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic