36 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Good day all. Positive vibes again if possible, got another sick pet. Chronic kidney disease & elevated blood sugar make for a sick pup :( 

Oh no :( All the positive vibes, dude.

So I'm 4 years late checking them out but Run the Jewels are dope. Also, I just spent 60 god damn dollars on Thursday tickets. That's more than I spent on the other 3 times I saw them combined 

4 minutes ago, deafening said:

I'll have to pay $40 if I want to see Nothing in a couple of weeks. 

I paid $15 the first time I saw them.

Fuck AFI.

Oof, I'd probably skip.  I really hate spending a bunch just to see an opener.

43 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Also, I just spent 60 god damn dollars on Thursday tickets. That's more than I spent on the other 3 times I saw them combined 

That for 2 tickets?  They're about $30 here w/o fees.  I'm going to walk to the venue on Monday and try and get one, save myself $10.

4 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

I spent not much less than that for the Circa Survive show, and I'm 90% just going for Turnover.  

It's a struggle when your favorite bands are openers for much larger bands. You want them to be successful but you also don't want to spend out the ass mainly for a 30 minute set. Luckily in this case I do like Circa Survive, too.

I do not, however, like AFI in any capacity.

58 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

That for 2 tickets?  They're about $30 here w/o fees.  I'm going to walk to the venue on Monday and try and get one, save myself $10.

Yup, 2 tickets were $50 before fees. I basically paid $10 to not have to go to the Vape store that sells the tickets for this particular promoter.

I know a bunch of people paying $40 to see Code Orange play first before TDWP/Killswitch Engage/Anthrax. With my personality I can get punched in the face for free, so I'm skipping the show.

22 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

I'm trying to decide if I want to venture out in shitty weather to go see House of Low Culture tonight.  If the venue was closer to my place, it'd be an easier choice.  A15 minute walk + a 45 minute bus ride each way don't sound to appealing right now.

I saw the PNW was getting hit with more shit weather, it bad? It looks like Portland got a bunch of freezing rain again yesterday.

9 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I saw the PNW was getting hit with more shit weather, it bad? It looks like Portland got a bunch of freezing rain again yesterday.

Eh. It was shitty for like 6 hours here. Today I walked a couple miles and it was slightly drizzly and mid-forties.

14 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Not stop rain and possibly snow here.  It's not stupid cold here fortunately.  I mainly feel bad for my dog, he gets real antsy without proper walks.

51 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Eh. It was shitty for like 6 hours here. Today I walked a couple miles and it was slightly drizzly and mid-forties.

That's good, because freezing rain is the worst. 

44 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Not stop rain and possibly snow here.  It's not stupid cold here fortunately.  I mainly feel bad for my dog, he gets real antsy without proper walks.

I imagine you guys don't get much snow there, so I'm sure that'll be fun. I don't even want to think about rain until the spring, when I can fix my sump correctly. It is supposed to rain early in the week though :(

It looks like both my outer tie-rods are going, but I couldn't tell if the inners are going bad too. I hate being under a car, even with jack stands. Now to decide if I want to replace them myself, or take it somewhere. I look up a million guides online and it looks easy, and would save me ~$160, but I've never done it before. Car work is scary, since if you fuck up it's never good.

Edited by Thomas³

32 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Had fairly productive and very relaxing Sunday.  Knocked out my taxes, did some laundry, posted a stack of dust collecting PS2 games on eBay, figured out some of my lodgings for an upcoming trip and read a lot of comics.

I did my taxes last week. $1200 back from the feds, can't wait to put it all toward debt. 

Installed my new AT440mlb tonight. Installing cartridges is so tedious. I think I might need to tweak it a bit since some records I hear noise out of the left channel, but no distortion or anything. Maybe they are just dirty.

3 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I did my taxes last week. $1200 back from the feds, can't wait to put it all toward debt. 

Installed my new AT440mlb tonight. Installing cartridges is so tedious. I think I might need to tweak it a bit since some records I hear noise out of the left channel, but no distortion or anything. Maybe they are just dirty.

I got a little less than that back and I'm happy.  I mainly don't want to pay in :)  I'm doing half into savings, half to fund my NYC trip (which looks like it'll cover my hotel and AirBnB cost).

Table setup in general is such a pain in the ass!  It took me a few weeks to get mine to the point where I'm happy.  Every time I thought I was good, I'd throw something on that I knew didn't sound right.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic