17 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Not too shabby. Stoked it's the weekend and should be a good one. You able to enjoy this weekend?

Me too.  Been a busy (but good) work week and I'm looking forward to doing nothing all weekend.  I'm attending a talk by Neil Gaiman on Sunday and that's my only obligation for the next few days :)

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

You can drink on the train though! By the time I got to Tacoma to see Sabbath I had a buzz going :)

oh nice!!  i haven't taken the train much but i've always loved it =)

also, what kind of stuff would you recommend doing while in portland?  anything off the top that i gotta do and will be bummed if i don't check it out?

2 minutes ago, tarzioo_ said:

oh nice!!  i haven't taken the train much but i've always loved it =)

also, what kind of stuff would you recommend doing while in portland?  anything off the top that i gotta do and will be bummed if i don't check it out?

There are a few really great record stores, the Chinese Rose Garden is pretty neat, but I'm not sure this time of year. The Japanese Garden is pretty cool and last time we went it was around this time of year. Couple really great places to eat depending what you're in the mood for. Powell's Books is pretty cool, Voodoo Donuts is probably worth a visit, but there are better joints around town in my opinion. If there isn't a Killer Burger in Seattle, that's worth a stop!

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

There are a few really great record stores, the Chinese Rose Garden is pretty neat, but I'm not sure this time of year. The Japanese Garden is pretty cool and last time we went it was around this time of year. Couple really great places to eat depending what you're in the mood for. Powell's Books is pretty cool, Voodoo Donuts is probably worth a visit, but there are better joints around town in my opinion. If there isn't a Killer Burger in Seattle, that's worth a stop!

oh nice!  i have heard a lot about voodoo donuts and i'll definitely add that to the list  :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, tarzioo_ said:

oh nice!  i have heard a lot about voodoo donuts and i'll definitely add that to the list  :rolleyes:

If you do Voodoo, I also suggest hitting either Tonalli's or Pip's as comparisons! I think both are better than Voodoo overall, maybe even Blue Star.

Good morning, hope you all have a nice weekend. I have to work in a few hours but I get to go see Le Butcherettes finally tonight. Got my ticket, when the store closes I'll head to St. Louis and show up about a half hour after doors to drink, buy merch and rock out I'll be dead tomorrow after 8 hours on my feet, 3 hours in the car (both ways) and a show but it's going to be totally worth it

Fuck, last night was great. Thursday, Touché Amoré, Basement, and Wax Idols. So fucking great. Thursday still got it, I'm so glad I got to see them again. They were refreshed, reinvigorated, and just had so much energy. Wax Idols were such an awesome opener, Basement really impressed me as well. And FINALLY getting to see Touché Amoré was everything I thought it would be. Hell of a great show.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic