Question for smart people.  My Instagram account got hacked in February, so I went through the process to get it back, and it was recovered.  I added two-factor authentication to it, so I thought i was in the clear.  I wake up this morning, and it is hacked AGAIN.  I never received a text for two factor authentication.  Now I'm worried they have info to other accounts of mine.  How do you bypass two factor authentication?????  Fuck this.  AND my emails aren't going through to the instagram support so I haven't even been able to start the recovery process, it just says Action failed, too many hops when I respond to the support email.  UGGGHHHH.

Edited by parkinglot

35 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

hey hey hey

yo how is it shaking? I got called in an hour early today boo, oh well a little more on the paycheck or a shorter day later in the week. I gotta start getting ready soon. took a regular's recommendation and picked up a Brownsville Station lp for $3 during our sale yesterday, a little cheesy at times but some pretty fun 70s boogie rock 

Question for people who own a copy of Home, Like Noplace Is There:

Does it sound compressed/poorly mastered? I got a copy of one of the current pressings a few weeks ago and it sounds like I described, and some Discogs reviews of various versions claim similar issues. It's possible that the earlier pressings sound better or that mine is defective, but regardless I want a listenable copy so any input is appreciated.

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

Question for people who own a copy of Home, Like Noplace Is There:

Does it sound compressed/poorly mastered? I got a copy of one of the current pressings a few weeks ago and it sounds like I described, and some Discogs reviews of various versions claim similar issues. It's possible that the earlier pressings sound better or that mine is defective, but regardless I want a listenable copy so any input is appreciated.

Mine is the black press (I'll check exactly which) - it sounds fine as far as I can tell...!

For you of those who don't pop on over to Post often or at all, I wanted to let you guys know that Charlie and I have started a new forum to get away from the bullshit that is VC. It is going to be an invite only music forum. I'm tired of the trolls, the youtube review links, the polls doing someone's homework for them, the idiocy, the disorganization the "shit" threads (you know the ones), the annoying people who just don't listen, the mess, etc. No offense to VC as a site, but the users are what ruined it for me. I just can't take it anymore over the years. Having the main thread I frequent just be completely sucked of all enjoyment (phrasing) was the last straw for me. I don't really expect anyone to give up VC for this site, but if you're interested in it, let me know. It'll be hosted on vBulletin, and the domain is through Google. I already have all that set up. Charlie, and myself are spearheading this, along with help from a couple others. Only a few others will be able to access it while it's being built. After that I will start sending out invites to those who wish to participate. I'm not trying to be all high and mighty making a private forum, but we're going that route to help maintain a nice, clean, enjoyable forum going; to get rid of the many annoyances on here.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, PM me your email address and I'll add it to the record.  I'm doing this on a month to month basis. I'm not sure how we're taking care of money yet, but as of now it's out of our own pockets. Maybe do donations later, not sure. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

As you can guess, the site name is a Caspian reference. ; )

Just now, NapalmBrain said:

welcome back, how is life treating you?

Pretty excellent. Got tickets to see Neurosis & Amenra in August, taking a train ride next month & spending some time in Chicago, the weather's finally nice enough to spend time outdoors...can't complain too much.

7 minutes ago, thebilljim said:

Pretty excellent. Got tickets to see Neurosis & Amenra in August, taking a train ride next month & spending some time in Chicago, the weather's finally nice enough to spend time outdoors...can't complain too much.

I'd love to see Neurosis, I need to pick up some of their stuff on LP. just got Oceanic recently, and paypal held my payment cause of "Isis" pretty sure i'm on an NSA watchlist but its totally worth it cause it's a ripper. What did you order cause of VC?

1 minute ago, NapalmBrain said:

I'd love to see Neurosis, I need to pick up some of their stuff on LP. just got Oceanic recently, and paypal held my payment cause of "Isis" pretty sure i'm on an NSA watchlist but its totally worth it cause it's a ripper. What did you order cause of VC?

Grabbed a preorder for the new Heaven In Her Arms LP...somehow I've managed to never listen to them until today, but I saw the thread & checked out a track, and it sounds like it'll fill an envy-sized hole in my heart (until envy releases a new album, of course).

This will be my first time seeing Neurosis, so I'm wildly excited about it. I'm actually spinning Given To the Rising right now. I'm equally stoked to see Amenra...and Converge, too, but this will be somewhere around my 35th time seeing them, so it's a tad less urgent.

Also, Oceanic is such a fucking perfect record. I go back to it pretty often. Easily a top 10 LP for me.

39 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Afternoon everyone. I may finally have a real reason for the extreme anxiety swing. I was diagnosed with Hoshimoto's disease yesterday. Yay underactive thyroid caused by autoimmune!

Hey T3

Hopefully since they found something they can treat it and youll start to feel better again. sorry dude

2 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Afternoon everyone. I may finally have a real reason for the extreme anxiety swing. I was diagnosed with Hoshimoto's disease yesterday. Yay underactive thyroid caused by autoimmune!

Hey T cubed... glad you know now at least. Hopefully your treatment will be more effective now.

19 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Glad to see they found what's causing all the issues, my dude!

and on the joking side of things, I have no idea what Hoshimoto's is, but it sure sounds delicious! 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic