Topic Title: Fuck the moderators

Posted · Report post

You bunch of fucking bitches won't let me post a legitimate question on your shitty fucking website. Bet all that power makes you forget how small your dick is for a couple mins. 

(This jackass...who has been banned...made three new posts asking for info on a record...instead of posting in the appropriate thread if he had read the FAQ.)

:lol:

10 hours ago, deafening said:

I ended my 20's last night falling asleep on the couch before midnight to Patton Oswalt after eating cinnamon twists from Taco Bell.

Happy birthday! Being 30 is mostly unremarkable, but not too bad. Mostly I just feel less of a sense of accomplishment when I pay my bills on time.  

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

Topic Title: Fuck the moderators

Posted 15 minutes ago · Report post

You bunch of fucking bitches won't let me post a legitimate question on your shitty fucking website. Bet all that power makes you forget how small your dick is for a couple mins. 

(This jackass...who has been banned...made three new posts asking for info on a record...instead of posting in the appropriate thread if he had read the FAQ.)

:lol:

I think he's just fishing for a dick pic. Someone's got a secret admirer ;)

Alright yous guys and gals. I know some of you are just big kids like I am, so I'm making a recommendation. If you like Rick and Morty/Adventure Time type whimsical cartoons with adult humor...watch Gravity Falls. I hadn't watched it and I caught an episode the other day and binge watched the entire damn thing this week. So good. I always wrote it off because it was a Disney cartoon, but apparently the dude who made it is friends with the Rick and Morty folks and there are a bunch of Easter Eggs in both shows that refer to each other.

Plus it's only two seasons, so it's a pretty quick watch.

10 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Alright yous guys and gals. I know some of you are just big kids like I am, so I'm making a recommendation. If you like Rick and Morty/Adventure Time type whimsical cartoons with adult humor...watch Gravity Falls. I hadn't watched it and I caught an episode the other day and binge watched the entire damn thing this week. So good. I always wrote it off because it was a Disney cartoon, but apparently the dude who made it is friends with the Rick and Morty folks and there are a bunch of Easter Eggs in both shows that refer to each other.

Plus it's only two seasons, so it's a pretty quick watch.

Gravity Falls is wonderful.  It's got a great cast, it's funny, weird and definitely sits on that line of kids and adults can watch it and get something different out of it.  I approve this recommendation!  My only complain is that when it aired, it was so inconsistent that it wasn't always easy to follow some of the threads.  Not the show's fault, so much as the networks.

2 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Gravity Falls is wonderful.  It's got a great cast, it's funny, weird and definitely sits on that line of kids and adults can watch it and get something different out of it.  I approve this recommendation!  My only complain is that when it aired, it was so inconsistent that it wasn't always easy to follow some of the threads.  Not the show's fault, so much as the networks.

Ah, I'm glad I got to binge it all then! The voice actors (and characters) are terrific!

On 7/16/2017 at 4:05 PM, jonrawks said:

I was looking for storage solutions for my 'current listening' section and came across this as a way to store records.  Gave me a good laugh.

23cfe150d44bb8f33ce34afd68857a55.jpg

This makes me want to fight...someone. Anyone, really. You could point at a random person on the street and say "That's the guy" and I'd get hype as fuck for some fisticuffs.

Speaking of vinyl storage...I filled up my newest cube...the one where my girlfriend was like "This is the last bit of vinyl storage we can fit in this apartment"

At no point has "Stop buying records" crossed my mind. Our plan is to own a house in 5 years...but like...that's so long.

41 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

This makes me want to fight...someone. Anyone, really. You could point at a random person on the street and say "That's the guy" and I'd get hype as fuck for some fisticuffs.

Speaking of vinyl storage...I filled up my newest cube...the one where my girlfriend was like "This is the last bit of vinyl storage we can fit in this apartment"

At no point has "Stop buying records" crossed my mind. Our plan is to own a house in 5 years...but like...that's so long.

can always add more cubes vertically

On 7/22/2017 at 2:50 PM, Bladewillisisdead said:

Hey so I just saw someone's head explode as he got hit by a bus.

Got home from a NIGHTMARE shift at work. Parked outside my apartment. Got out and a bus flew by and hit a dude coming through the intersection on a bike. No more than 30 feet from me.

Dude so sorry that can be traumatic do seek out ways to cope that aren't drinking, even just talking to your girlfriend if you don't have/want/can't afford a therapist.  wouldn't blame you for needing something to loosen up after that but try not to get too shitty can be hard to manage emotions once you reach that point, not trying to be pot calling the kettle black as I need to ease up myself but just a healthy suggestion cause I care about you

Been talking in the soul thread but life update is I'm helping a collector friend sell off his very impressive collection. He has a handful of valuable LPs but the true treat is 2000+ 50-70s 45s in VG+ to M condition. Although adding new stuff I've coveted for years is a plus, I'm more motivated to help him out. I'm in a weird place in my life right now, and as an empath I do a lot of things based on intuition. I just immediately got good vibes from him, and he is dying from I think ALS, his legs have stopped working and it's spreading to his arms with no cure in sight. It's a nerve related disease. If he were to pass his wife wouldn't know what to do with it and probably wouldn't have the energy to get top dollar, so before he passes he wants them to be sold so she isn't had and is at least left with some money. My shop tried to buy the collection but our offer was nowhere near in line with what he wanted, he is a collector who knows what he has even if the 45 market is slow, some of these have never even seen auction in this condition. It started with me just wanting to look through and hopefully buy some lps and 45s I spent a few hours, the deal fell through so I saw no harm in trying to add to my collection. I walked away with 33 awesome condition 45s I've been hunting and 4 LPs also on my wantlist, a couple are high dollar or had risen in value since they were appraised but i didnt look up anything and just pulled based on personal interest I did walk away with stuff at  about 1/4ish market value but everything will even out ill pay higher next time or make it up to him in ebay sales he isn't upset I was straight up with him about how it went down and not trying to rip him off. While I was there I decided since our friendship was striking up I'd offer to ebay the high dollar stuff and try to seek out potential 45 buyers through my online connections with communities. I listed my first one and with some well put advice realized I made a mistake listing it at such a high starting price but I think we were both afraid it would sell too low, but where it ends would be true current market value and no record this rare will sell for a minimum bid unless i list it incorrectly or have the auction end on christmas. If anyone wants to see the first one in question or if anyone wants some 50s-70s 45s please let me know ill be going over again soon maybe even today to help out, already have some requests from a soul 45 collector on this forum. Rare doo wop from 1953, never even recorded an album and one this clean has never seen auction http://www.ebay.com/itm/282584720931?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

It's also just been fun handling this, I'd never lowball him enough to put these in my collections but just to handle original ike & tina albums on sue  and 45s in the 3 figure range is a crazy experience. Just cleaning and play testing records too expensive for my pockets is a treat in itself, need to try to toothpick out these 3 microskips on ike & tina "dynamite" if i cant fix it there is no way its gonna fetch the $500+ it books at

Edited by NapalmBrain

also triple posting speaking of treats like that my manager knows nothing about jazz and bought a ridiculous collection off some guy whose dad passed and owned. He didn't intentionally rip the guy off and just bought based on cover and label. He knows enough to know an old blue note, but not what pressing is what or what it sounds like. He paid a whole $65 for like 120+ jazz records, there was bs like larry carlton, bob james and spyro gyra but it had original blue notes, jazz crusaders on world pacifac, rare stuff, condition was a problem seeing an unplayable 1st pressing art blakey record was a heart break we couldnt get top dollar for anything in their condition but we still got a ton of $10-30 records as well as deep groove blue notes from art blakey X3, lee morgan x2, jackie mcclean (the highest value one marked $80) as well as a ton from the 60s and 70s blue note. I got a couple bobby humphreys ive been hunting for 3-4 years now, nothing crazy expensive but still coveted by me. Needless to say just handling and seeing my cleaning station with 5 original blue notes at once was something I haven't experienced in 7+ years of working in record stores. I think we have a couple deep groove ones left, but ill wait the 2 weeks before employee discount (30% off used 20% or cost for new, cost for RSD/BF items after the day) kicks in (they waver it if you are passionate enough about the item in question and dont fuck off at work, but I still try not to abuse it last time was for violent femmes too many missed opportunities to not finally get a copy). If the art blakey from the 50s is still hanging around, the other 2 and both lee morgans are gone

Edited by NapalmBrain

Found a Little Chief electric smoker today at Goodwill, then went to a place a couple blocks down and they had the insulated cover for it! $16 later I've got everything I need to smoke up some meeeeeean meats!

Got some fresh caught sockeye salmon tonight that I'm dry-brining, and I'm gonna smoke the shit out of it tomorrow. Yusssssssss! Gonna make some muh-fuggin' smoked salmon hashhhhhh.

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Found a Little Chief electric smoker today at Goodwill, then went to a place a couple blocks down and they had the insulated cover for it! $16 later I've got everything I need to smoke up some meeeeeean meats!

Got some fresh caught sockeye salmon tonight that I'm dry-brining, and I'm gonna smoke the shit out of it tomorrow. Yusssssssss! Gonna make some muh-fuggin' smoked salmon hashhhhhh.

Salmon is really damn good. Never had it smoked before though.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic