1 hour ago, GradedOnACurve said:

Haven't posted in here in a while. Anyone know what happened the Boycott Uline thread?

If you right click on the white box and click "inspect element" it'll bring up the menu with all the elements on the page, and it should be highlighting the bit that implements the white box. Hit delete and you can read the posts.

Also, kinda dumb that we're censoring VC now (unless this wasn't intentional).

9 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

If you right click on the white box and click "inspect element" it'll bring up the menu with all the elements on the page, and it should be highlighting the bit that implements the white box. Hit delete and you can read the posts.

Also, kinda dumb that we're censoring VC now (unless this wasn't intentional).

Not really censoring just stopping personal attacks. There was no issue with the thread until the OP went off the handle. 

22 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Well, locking would be stopping it, but putting a big white box on top of the entire thread is censoring it

I copy and pasted the posts behind it so I could read it.  I figured it was some sort of glitch with the website. 

6 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

I copy and pasted the posts behind it so I could read it.  I figured it was some sort of glitch with the website. 

I had hoped that was the case, like I mentioned in my first post, I think it would be dumb if that was on purpose but I could see that being a glitch or something out of the mods' hands

Yeah I tried what @DecayToDeath said but finding the box to unblock wasn't registering in my brain. So I went with what @Tidal Wave said and copied and pasted everything and holy shit that escalated quickly. I don't buy Uline anyway but yeah that was out there. I don't post as much as I used to and everytime I turn around something is changed on this site. What's crazy is that thread is censored now. Weird.

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

Small talk question. 

Is it new for when thread are locked up for there to be GIANT white boxes preventing you from even reading the thread?

for example: 

Yeah, I've never seen it before.

I also read through what was behind that white box and I think it was a huge overreaction to lock that thread, though I don't really care. Juan is going through some shit right now and I think it bled over onto here.

Feel better, Juan.

I already sent an apology to Juan for my part of that thread.  I know the main reason was the OP but I didn't help the situation, definitely didn't intend to have it escalate to that point and in retrospect can see how I contributed to it.

For the record, Ben, I don't think you're homophobic or racist, you're just kinda a dick sometimes :P (but so am I, so what the fuck ever)

Has anyone tried to get tickets for shows at the  Hollywood Palladium? I am going to roadtrip to see Jawbreaker in March. Will I have to deal with any crazy Ticketmaster type stuff/scalper bots? It looks like a 3500cap venue so I think I can grab tickets for both nights as long as I do it right at 10AM on Friday when they go up, right?

10 hours ago, Rezqua said:

Has anyone tried to get tickets for shows at the  Hollywood Palladium? I am going to roadtrip to see Jawbreaker in March. Will I have to deal with any crazy Ticketmaster type stuff/scalper bots? It looks like a 3500cap venue so I think I can grab tickets for both nights as long as I do it right at 10AM on Friday when they go up, right?

I have no experience with any of this....but good luck dude, this sounds like a potential nightmare clusterfuck

13 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I have no experience with any of this....but good luck dude, this sounds like a potential nightmare clusterfuck

Quite possibly :/

Tickets are also like fucking $50 before fees. Tempted to just pass and say "I know they'll play a bunch more shows... probably a summer tour?" 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic