vacuum cleaners are way better than the spin clean if you can afford one. I have a spin clean and I'm happy enough, have a nitty gritty we use at work though and it's noticeably more effective. The ultrasonic cleaners are incredible but I'd need to be pretty well off to pay 4 figures for a record cleaner. I hate paying for record maintenance instead of more records, but preserving what you have is important and dirty records and mistracking are the 2 biggest culprits in damage to your records and stylus so a turntable with a good tonearm and some form of cleaning records are probably the 2 most important things for the health of your records, I recommend buying lots of replacement inner sleeves too if you can, especially if you buy older records if the sleeve is yellow the sound quality of your record is degrading sitting in there the acid in the sleeve reacts to the record and will cause permanent surface noise issues, some of it can clean off but the longer it sits in that sleeve the worse it's getting. A good cleaning solution can be made for pretty cheap at home, if you need a recipe you can pm me or you can research "library of congress" cleaning solution. Life update I got promoted to store manager about a month ago, it may not be owning a record shop, but it's the next best thing. Really enjoying myself, steep learning curve though it's making me a more responsible human. I'm very tired at the end of the day and a lot of responsibility falls solely on me even outside of the managerial duties (only one who can do used buys, price records, setup turntables, install cartridges) but everyday is just a new challenge and it forces me to stop worrying about the future or the past and live in the present and take each task one at a time. I just got to get my staff trained up and my life will get easier. 

Just got my tax money...so I think I'm gonna invest in either a Record Doctor or the KAB. Depends on how much my new phone runs me...hoping to find a Pixel 1 for a decent price and hope on the Google Fi network. Thanks for the advice, everyone! And congrats to @NapalmBrain on the promotion!

So, I'm an asshole...I worked from 3am to 1pm today because we had so many special orders for Super Bowl Sunday (I manage a deli department at a grocery store). Came home and promptly passed out because I was running on about 2 hours of sleep. Woke up hungry as fuck and equally as lazy, so I ordered a pizza over the internet.  After about an hour I was like "Wtf is going on?" and then I remembered the Super Bowl was tonight. Got up and looked out the window and there's a crazy amount of snow with more still coming down. Would never have ordered a pizza if I knew either of those two things at the time. Oh well, I'll tip the kid a $20 and apologize. 

17 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Just got my tax money...so I think I'm gonna invest in either a Record Doctor or the KAB. Depends on how much my new phone runs me...hoping to find a Pixel 1 for a decent price and hope on the Google Fi network. Thanks for the advice, everyone! And congrats to @NapalmBrain on the promotion!

So, I'm an asshole...I worked from 3am to 1pm today because we had so many special orders for Super Bowl Sunday (I manage a deli department at a grocery store). Came home and promptly passed out because I was running on about 2 hours of sleep. Woke up hungry as fuck and equally as lazy, so I ordered a pizza over the internet.  After about an hour I was like "Wtf is going on?" and then I remembered the Super Bowl was tonight. Got up and looked out the window and there's a crazy amount of snow with more still coming down. Would never have ordered a pizza if I knew either of those two things at the time. Oh well, I'll tip the kid a $20 and apologize. 

$20?  Man, I would love to deliver to your house.  Maybe even 2-3 times per night.

3 hours ago, Secular Haze said:

$20?  Man, I would love to deliver to your house.  Maybe even 2-3 times per night.

I've known enough delivery drivers to know it sucks to deliver shit in dangerous weather and most people tip like shit. Dude probably made out really well considering it was the super bowl, but still. I typically make it a point not to order delivery food when the roads are bad.  I try not to be an asshole, so sometimes I pay an asshole tax.

I also try to tip well. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes not. Any bar I frequent, the bartenders will take my order as soon as they see me. Some of them even just make my drink and hand it to me. Going out/getting delivery is a luxury, so I factor that in before doing either.

17 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

See, I really prefer the cold weather. This winter has been awesome for me so far. I got to play hockey outside for the first time in over 10 years.

Nice. My friends play hockey every winter, but I never play just watch. I just hate the huge drop in temps because it fucks my sinuses up bad. I like cold too.

On 2/19/2018 at 1:09 PM, Thomas³ said:

Finally bought a car. 2012 VW GTI 4-Door. Not sure I like it, but it's a car for now!

Pay cash (if so, fuck yeah!)? If not, how'd you finance?

I'm going to need to get something new-ish in the next year probably. Trying to pay down some debt, first. But fuck, times is tough. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic