28 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

I got a little less than that back and I'm happy.  I mainly don't want to pay in :)  I'm doing half into savings, half to fund my NYC trip (which looks like it'll cover my hotel and AirBnB cost).

Table setup in general is such a pain in the ass!  It took me a few weeks to get mine to the point where I'm happy.  Every time I thought I was good, I'd throw something on that I knew didn't sound right.

Nice, I've never been to NYC. My best friends are moving out there in the summer, so I'll finally be able to go. As for my tax return, I owe $2400 on my student loans, so it'll pay half and I'll take the other half out of savings to finally pay it off. Saves me $200/month, I can put back in my savings. Since my raise, I'm saving $800/month usually, so $1k a month will be amazing. I need to figure out what I'm doing job wise soon, so I can start paying back into my 401k after a 2.5 year break.

It really is, I just triple checked the alignment and it's perfect as far as I can see. I'm sure I'll be tweaking it a bunch in the coming days. So far, I like the larger sound stage of the AT but fuck is is bright. Hopefully it rolls off a bit as it breaks in. I'll keep my Grado for now, but I can probably get some money back on it with the upgraded stylus since it has low hours.

10 minutes ago, deafening said:

100% of my return went straight into savings.

Tax season is nowhere near as exciting as it used to be.

Agreed. I miss blowing it on dumb shit when I used to get like $300 back as a part-timer.

I still need to get up early tomorrow, even though I'm off. Need to renew my tags on my car, and then I have to take my car to see if the issues I think are wrong with it are all that's wrong. I'm sure I'll get quoted like $800 if that's all that wrong, so I'll do it myself for like $100. Hopefully it's not worse then the tie-rods and sway bar links...

Edited by Thomas³

15 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Nice, I've never been to NYC. My best friends are moving out there in the summer, so I'll finally be able to go. As for my tax return, I owe $2400 on my student loans, so it'll pay half and I'll take the other half out of savings to finally pay it off. Saves me $200/month, I can put back in my savings. Since my raise, I'm saving $800/month usually, so $1k a month will be amazing. I need to figure out what I'm doing job wise soon, so I can start paying back into my 401k after a 2.5 year break.

I think debt reduction is the best possible use for a tax return.  Anything to get closer to the end of that is such a positive move.

Fastest DMV visit ever. No one was there but me. In and out in less than 5 mins. Now I'm sitting at Goodyear for who knows how long while they check everything out. At least it's in a mall if I get hungry. This is the first time I've been in a mall in about a decade. 

Edited by Thomas³

26 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Fastest DMV visit ever. No one was there but me. In and out in less than 5 mins. Now I'm sitting at Goodyear for who knows how long while they check everything out. At least it's in a mall if I get hungry. This is the first time I've been in a mall in about a decade. 

You know you went to the Hot Topic. ;)

36 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

You know you went to the Hot Topic. ;)

They don't sell vinyl at the one here, or I would. I ended up only being there for 15 minutes. Sway bar links are bad, and my rear struts are wearing out. Going to do the links myself, since it'll save me $150, struts can wait a bit.

It rained all night, and not just nice gentle rain, it poured for most of the night. I barely slept, because I was so worried my basement would flood again. Thankfully the sump did it job last night, and the basement is dry. My backyard is flooded though, but that's not a big deal. Hopefully it does not freeze overnight, so the sump can pump out all that water as it drain into the ground tonight after the rain stops.

Edit: Have a meeting with the people I interviewed with here tomorrow. Hopefully that's a good sign.

Edited by Thomas³

Wife and I before the move:

"Let's try and find a couch we like and get a somewhat functional living room and we can pick other pieces off with each paycheck."

Arrive and spend ten grand in 48 hours. 

Edited by BuzzersonKillwell
V

1 minute ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

Wife and I before the move:

"Let's try and find a couch we like and get a somewhat functional living room and we can pick other pieces off with each paycheck."

Arrive and spend ten grand in 48 hours. 

That's how it always works. I tried to do the same when I bought a house, and ended up saying fuck it after buying a few things.

Buying too many damn records, I'm an alcoholic in a bar. Took home Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series Vol 8. (Tell Tale Signs 1989-2006), Rory Gallagher - Irish Tour '74 and a nice 80s reissue of Ann Peebles - I Can't Stand The Rain. I have zero self control, but I couldn't pass them up given the condition and prices.

Alright, work is really pissing me off. I requested off the week of March 20th to go out to Omaha, to see my friends and go to a show. I was just told they moved training to that week, it was supposed to be the week before, so no more vacation. I better get that other job or I'll walk the week before.

59 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Alright, work is really pissing me off. I requested off the week of March 20th to go out to Omaha, to see my friends and go to a show. I was just told they moved training to that week, it was supposed to be the week before, so no more vacation. I better get that other job or I'll walk the week before.

Fuck that, you requested before they switched. Take it 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic