14 hours ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

Wife and I before the move:

"Let's try and find a couch we like and get a somewhat functional living room and we can pick other pieces off with each paycheck."

Arrive and spend ten grand in 48 hours. 

Congrats on the move! I wanted this place to be my forever home but this state is not for me; future neighbor. When I got the check from selling ye olde house I shat myself. "Were putting into savings". Na. We bought all new furniture and other silly shit. Not one record tho. Stupid me. 

I think our dog has a winter coat and a hoodie for spring. 

Edited by abovetheearth

18 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

The city decided to close a major intersection to work on the sewer project, so traffic driving into work was insane. I'm a huge ball of anxiety today from sitting in traffic. How's everyone's morning?

that sucks. They always seem to do work like that as the dumbest times.

Actually got today off because I have to work another Saturday but about to go get a dope ass breakfast. Give me the works!

1 minute ago, KingTacoMunster said:

that sucks. They always seem to do work like that as the dumbest times.

Actually got today off because I have to work another Saturday but about to go get a dope ass breakfast. Give me the works!

Yeah, it's going to be closed for a year as well. They are boring tunnels underneath the city to fix our shitty sewer system. Only costs $1.8 billion! Guess who gets to pay for it, since the last mayor turned down federal grants for it forever....

Nice, but boo on a Saturday. I do kinda like having a random day off during the week sometimes though.

8 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Yeah, it's going to be closed for a year as well. They are boring tunnels underneath the city to fix our shitty sewer system. Only costs $1.8 billion! Guess who gets to pay for it, since the last mayor turned down federal grants for it forever....

Nice, but boo on a Saturday. I do kinda like having a random day off during the week sometimes though.

That's crazy. They love charge the taxpayers.

I always have the mentality of "oh it will be nice to be off during the week" but when Saturday morning hits I'm always like "fuck this Saturday shit"

8 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

That's crazy. They love charge the taxpayers.

I always have the mentality of "oh it will be nice to be off during the week" but when Saturday morning hits I'm always like "fuck this Saturday shit"

It is nice being able to do stuff with not as many people out, or actually having time to go to the doctor or something that is closed on the weekends. But yeah, waking up early to go to work on a day that you're normally off is not fun.

Edited by Thomas³

Ugh, my stomach feels terrible all of a sudden. Probably because my anxiety calmed down. Stupid anxiety. Need to met with the guy I had an interview with 2 weeks ago on my lunch break, so hopefully it clears up.

Edit: Chewable Pepto is the worst. It makes me nauseous every time I take it, but it's so much more convenient for work then the liquid.

Edited by Thomas³

9 hours ago, abovetheearth said:

Congrats on the move! I wanted this place to be my forever home but this state is not for me; future neighbor. When I got the check from selling ye olde house I shat myself. "Were putting into savings". Na. We bought all new furniture and other silly shit. Not one record tho. Stupid me. 

I think our dog has a winter coat and a hoodie for spring. 

When you moving? Where you moving?

1 hour ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

When you moving? Where you moving?

Last year I was pushing for Colorado but a few things fell apart. My bro is up in Seattle and offered to take me on until we got settled. It all depends on if things I'm working on closing meet most of the criteria for uprooting.

6 hours ago, abovetheearth said:

Last year I was pushing for Colorado but a few things fell apart. My bro is up in Seattle and offered to take me on until we got settled. It all depends on if things I'm working on closing meet most of the criteria for uprooting.

THIS WOULD BE AWESOME!

Morning everyone. Sick again, but suffering through work... which is always fun. I'm sure the 60 degrees 2 days ago, and 20 degrees today did not help.

Got another call from a contractor about a job not even a mile from my house. Pay is good, but it's pure contract, so no PTO or sick time, just unpaid days if I take any off (I can get benefits through the contracting agency if I want). 6 month to a year contract, so might be a good way to save money before I make any decisions about moving. More inline with what I want to do too.

Going to attempt to replace my front sway bar links this weekend. Looks simple enough. Never done it though.

Edit: Ghost, surviving the snow storm?

Edited by Thomas³

3 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Got another call from a contractor about a job not even a mile from my house. Pay is good, but it's pure contract, so no PTO or sick time, just unpaid days if I take any off (I can get benefits through the contracting agency if I want). 6 month to a year contract, so might be a good way to save money before I make any decisions about moving. More inline with what I want to do too.

Any chance the contract work would lead to full time employment?

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

They said it happened with the last 2 people they had there, but it's not a sure thing.

Better than no shot :)  That's a pretty common thing that Amazon does here.  Hires you for a X month contract and then hires you on as an employee if you do a good job or whatever.  Guessing a lot of companies do that.

5 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Better than no shot :)  That's a pretty common thing that Amazon does here.  Hires you for a X month contract and then hires you on as an employee if you do a good job or whatever.  Guessing a lot of companies do that.

Yeah, it does seem common these days. Probably easier then recruiting themselves, and messing with all the initial hiring process. I guess it depends on the contract/contractors though.

7 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Morning everyone. Sick again, but suffering through work... which is always fun. I'm sure the 60 degrees 2 days ago, and 20 degrees today did not help.

Going to attempt to replace my front sway bar links this weekend. Looks simple enough. Never done it though.

Edit: Ghost, surviving the snow storm?

Surviving?  I love this weather

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic