2 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

I have a job interview for a studio coordinator position at School of Rock next week. I'm pretty fucking stoked on it. Between the insanely nerdy email I sent the manager/owner, my obsession for music, my work experience, my years of touring, and the fact that a family friend (who works in radio) knows the owner, referred me, and talked me up, my chances are pretty damn good. The gig is my kind of hours, only 25 minutes away, and most importantly revolves around music. For anyone who isn't familiar with School of Rock, it's a music school just like how they do at the end of the movie, but bigger - so it's a music school. Fingers crossed for this, cause it's a job I can do well, somewhere I'd actually want to work, there's room for growth, and most importantly I can talk about music all day long!

This can be my life now:

Good luck man

5 hours ago, jonrawks said:

The aquarium and MoPOP (formerly EMP) fall on the touristy end of the spectrum, but are both worth going to.  Also a dynamite vegan Chinese place by MoPOP.

T - Look into OneBusAway if you haven't (can't remember if I mentioned it before).  It doesn't plan trips for you, but it gives you real accurate bus times and lists/maps stops.  Makes figuring out which bus to take and when you need to leave a lot easier.

Also, there is a cask beer festival at the end of March.  Think that's something you both might be interested in.  It's decently priced and they're a good way to try a ton of local breweries.

just downloaded this and yessssssss.  this is gonna help big time!  thanks!   

beer fest sounds awesome!  Can you post a reminder when it's close? maybe all three of us can meet and hang.B)

4 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

I have a job interview for a studio coordinator position at School of Rock next week. I'm pretty fucking stoked on it. Between the insanely nerdy email I sent the manager/owner, my obsession for music, my work experience, my years of touring, and the fact that a family friend (who works in radio) knows the owner, referred me, and talked me up, my chances are pretty damn good. The gig is my kind of hours, only 25 minutes away, and most importantly revolves around music. For anyone who isn't familiar with School of Rock, it's a music school just like how they do at the end of the movie, but bigger - so it's a music school. Fingers crossed for this, cause it's a job I can do well, somewhere I'd actually want to work, there's room for growth, and most importantly I can talk about music all day long!

This can be my life now:

this sounds like an amazing career for you!  best of luck, you're a great fit for it.

Good luck Matt I hope you too get to deal with music all day

Work is going well, we have been eaving really good sales lately. Used buys have been slow, but I bought in a small stack today at least we have used Doors again, classic rock is our bread and butter.

1 hour ago, NapalmBrain said:

Good luck Matt I hope you too get to deal with music all day

Work is going well, we have been eaving really good sales lately. Used buys have been slow, but I bought in a small stack today at least we have used Doors again, classic rock is our bread and butter.

"Hey I found this in my dad's basement. It's gotta be worth a ton of money, right? *hands you a scratched up copy of Dark Side of the Moon*"

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

"Hey I found this in my dad's basement. It's gotta be worth a ton of money, right? *hands you a scratched up copy of Dark Side of the Moon*"

Yeah they tried to pass off a copy of beatles second album that looked like someone chewed on it. I took 6 records out of a stack of like 50, 1 of them ended up being shittier than I thought and I had to put it in the $2 bin. But they had a Beyonce 12" I sold already that paid for all 6

5 minutes ago, chkadea said:

Evening y'all! What are you dolls spinning tonight?  Also, this is an odd question, but anyone successfully get candle wax stains out of clothing?

Let's just say my leggings don't look as  "family-friendly" right now D:

Sam & Dave

I'm sorry I don't have experience with that it might be more cost effective to just buy another pair of leggings?

14 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Sam & Dave

I'm sorry I don't have experience with that it might be more cost effective to just buy another pair of leggings?

Sounds like a good choice. Pandora turned me on to Leon Bridges this past week and I've been digging that, as far as new soul/R&B goes.

Internet proved itself to be worth something - found a hint that paper bag+iron can remove it. Was a successful endeavor.

21 minutes ago, chkadea said:

Sounds like a good choice. Pandora turned me on to Leon Bridges this past week and I've been digging that, as far as new soul/R&B goes.

Internet proved itself to be worth something - found a hint that paper bag+iron can remove it. Was a successful endeavor.

been meaning to check it out, we sell it quite a bit at work

6 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Debating driving up to Detroit in a few weeks for the Portugal. The Man show, since they are missing Ohio this time around. Never been there, kinda excited to check it out. I'd rather go to the Pittsburgh show, since I know the area around the venue, but it is on a Monday night :(.

Don't overthink it. Just go and enjoy yourself :D

3 hours ago, tarzioo_ said:

just downloaded this and yessssssss.  this is gonna help big time!  thanks!   

beer fest sounds awesome!  Can you post a reminder when it's close? maybe all three of us can meet and hang.B)

Yeah, the app is super nice!  The bus delays aren't 100% accurate, but they're pretty close.

Here's the link for the beer festival.  I'm planning on the early session.  I'll remind you closer to the date!  They do sell out sometimes, so keep that in mind :)  I'm planning to order my ticket sometime this week.

https://www.strangertickets.com/events/40985448/2017-washington-cask-beer-festival

I don't come in here much, apologies, but I'm kinda in disbelief. Just won a clear copy of Converge's AWLWLB on eBay (it was quite a bit of money, but in my memory it's the lowest it's ever sold on eBay).

I sent a message to the seller to grab more detailed pictures + make sure everything is in great shape before I commit to paying. Anyone ever had a seller skimp out on providing assistance with expensive purchases? This is gonna be quite literally my most expensive record purchase I've ever made and I don't want to fuck it up.

Going to be purging records from the collection in order to offset the cost a little. Clear Converge, though. clear... converge...

13 hours ago, chkadea said:

To get the wax itself out, put a brown paper bag or a rag over the spot and run a hot iron over it. Don't know about if it actually stained it or not.

1 hour ago, jonrawks said:

Tacos and tacos always sound good to me.  I never tire of either.

58 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Same. I'd eat both all day everyday, and happily die at a young age.

afternoon everyone! hope you get that job @Dave Grohl sounds super awesome

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic