if i could domesticate any wild animal and make it a pet, it would be a squirrel.

squirrel would be cool, but my boy used to have a possum, err, an opossum, and that thing was badass.  I guess he rescued it when it was young or something but it was totally domesticated.  You could hold him and pet him, he had these little hands that were kinda like people hands only tiny, and he would grab a  hold of your finger or something and it was actually pretty fucking cute.  Only thing kinda weird was his tail felt like a rope.

Also, he had the greatest name of all time. Petey Pablo Possum (Triple-P, or just "Trip" for short).

edit: in fact, here's a video of said possum doing exactly what I described lol

and here he is in a sombrero with a bottle of crown and a blunt

l.jpg

One time I was driving in the dark on a country road behind a line of cars. We were leaving a theme park, Darien Lake, I work the concerts there in the summer. Well, I was driving and saw what I thought to be a cat get hit by a car. I've never felt so horrible in my life seeing that happen. It's head looked like it was screaming, but it's body wasn't moving from its "waste" up, so it was turning in a circle. On my way to work the next day I saw the "cat" in the street, dead. Turned out to be a possum, and I no longer felt bad.

Also, I would want a domesticated fox. I read in a national geographic that they're starting to do it in like Norway or something and thought that would be super cool to own.

Edit: turned out to be Russia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domesticated_silver_fox

One time I was driving in the dark on a country road behind a line of cars. We were leaving a theme park, Darien Lake, I work the concerts there in the summer. Well, I was driving and saw what I thought to be a cat get hit by a car. I've never felt so horrible in my life seeing that happen. It's head looked like it was screaming, but it's body wasn't moving from its "waste" up, so it was turning in a circle. On my way to work the next day I saw the "cat" in the street, dead. Turned out to be a possum, and I no longer felt bad.

Also, I would want a domesticated fox. I read in a national geographic that they're starting to do it in like Norway or something and thought that would be super cool to own.

Edit: turned out to be Russia.

this whole thing is eerie for a couple of reasons.

1. i had the exact same thing happen on the highway, except it WAS a cat. the whole head thing and waist thing.

2. i almost put fox. ive wanted one forever. researched them and found a farm near me. when my wifes dog dies, im getting that squirrel. and when that dies, im gettin me that fox. but a red one. youtube has some super cute footage of pet foxes.

This happened to me to a squirell once, only the back legs went totally bezerk and it was jumping off the ground while it's top half was still limp until it finally stopped moving.  It was kinda funny, but I did feel bad...

What do you feed a domesticated possum?

Also, my brother has a pool business, and I help him out sometimes when he's swamped with openings and closings. Well when you open pools you find some nasty shit, especially if someone didn't open it the previous year or two. Found two dead possums in one pool.

It's kind of weird that I have so many possum stories apparently. Maybe I'm destined to own one. It is kind of interesting, did that guy that had the possum take it to the vet and such? Did it sleep in a cage? I'd be so worried about it going rogue on me in my sleep, haha.

A few summers ago, one of our hottest on record, I was taking out the trash. We have two 50 gallon cans in the back. As I approached the empty one I noticed white specks all around the lid and handles. As I got closer I noticed they were moving. Knowing what needed to be done I lifted the lid and to my horror it was completely full of maggots. 50 gallons of maggots. And on the very top was a half rotten, eaten possum moving like he was floating on a raft out at sea. The heat had steamed it too, so his face and flesh were barely gripping the bone. that stench. That scene. He had crawled in the day prior and drowned in the water at the bottom.

It was so heavy, a buddy of mine helped me load it in a truck. I live a block from the Missouri river. We heaved the can into the river. It sank immediately, leaving a few maggots to surface.

I can still see those beady eyes.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic