Some of the stuff from the glory years, when they were still with Paramount.  I've already got the Puppetmaster series which is awesome and I've been putting off buying the Trancers set but I NEED those.  Plan on picking up the Subspecies set at some point.  The stuff I picked up was basically whatever amazon had for super cheap.  Picked up a 3 DVD set with the Oblivion movies.  I've never seen the first one, but the second one was amazing.  Head of the Family which was one of the last "high budget" Full Moon flicks.  Crash and Burn, Robot Wars and Bad Channels were the others.  

So pissed a few years back I sold all my Full Moon toys.  I had all the Puppetmaster figures and a bunch of other randoms.  Now granted if I still had them they'd be just packed away in a box, but I still want them.

NICE!

Yeah I havent grabbed Trancers yet after reading about issues with out of sync audio & something else I forget now. But its not like the FM releases were stellar video/audio-wise to begin with. Damn, havent seen the Oblivions or Head of the Family yet either :/ I gotta catch up. So many terrible/awesome flix from that studio. But they'll always be close to my <3

Let me know how the blu-rays look/if its worth upgrading. Everything I have from them is still dvd, but I'd like to upgrade if the quality is better.

I used to work with a Maltese dude, he was older, and he would never shut up about Yello. They were easily his favorite band. He'd go on about the LPs and how you really need a good set of headphones to really appreciate it.

He loved Yello.

I'm this way about some of the newer electronic stuff but Ive never properly heard Yello, just want it for the fun of that song. How do you make a Secrets of My Success OST without it? The only reason I checked is because I have learned in the past that this kind of crap happens with soundtracks. $5 though so it was silly to leave it knowing I will just probably get it next time.

Got Tears for Fears though.  ;)

NICE!

Yeah I havent grabbed Trancers yet after reading about issues with out of sync audio & something else I forget now. But its not like the FM releases were stellar video/audio-wise to begin with. Damn, havent seen the Oblivions or Head of the Family yet either :/ I gotta catch up. So many terrible/awesome flix from that studio. But they'll always be close to my <3

Let me know how the blu-rays look/if its worth upgrading. Everything I have from them is still dvd, but I'd like to upgrade if the quality is better.

So many good (bad in a good way) Full Moon movies.  I had nearly everything they ever put out on VHS.  After 1996 they really started going down hill though.  Trancers 6 made me want to cry.  The Puppetmaster series 1-5 was great and started going down hill each movie after.

I love Full Moons Sci-Fi movies from the late 80's and early 90s Oblivion 2 was amazing.  Best part are George Takei and his one liners.  

I need to stop now, because I'm coming up with more and more movies I "need".  Dead Hate the Living, Castlefreak, Netherworld, Dr. Mordrid, Pit and the Pendulum

So many good (bad in a good way) Full Moon movies.  I had nearly everything they ever put out on VHS.  After 1996 they really started going down hill though.  Trancers 6 made me want to cry.  The Puppetmaster series 1-5 was great and started going down hill each movie after.

I love Full Moons Sci-Fi movies from the late 80's and early 90s Oblivion 2 was amazing.  Best part are George Takei and his one liners.  

I need to stop now, because I'm coming up with more and more movies I "need".  Dead Hate the Living, Castlefreak, Netherworld, Dr. Mordrid, Pit and the Pendulum

omg Castle Freak! Still have it uncut on vhs, just watched it recently actually. I think the dvd is censored so I refuse to buy it. Mordrid was good, Pit & the Pendulum is awesome. Also great were Tourist Trap, Vampire Journals, Lurking Fear, Dark Angel: The Ascent, Shadowzone, etc...

& agreed, the late 90's & beyond went to hell. I refuse to watch anything after that (Gingerdead Man, Evil Bong, I mean come on Full Moon, get it together!)

omg Castle Freak! Still have it uncut on vhs, just watched it recently actually. I think the dvd is censored so I refuse to buy it. Mordrid was good, Pit & the Pendulum is awesome. Also great were Tourist Trap, Vampire Journals, Lurking Fear, Dark Angel: The Ascent, Shadowzone, etc...

& agreed, the late 90's & beyond went to hell. I refuse to watch anything after that (Gingerdead Man, Evil Bong, I mean come on Full Moon, get it together!)

Ha, before I read this I just completed and order with Dark Angel: The Ascent in it.  I've never seen it, but the trailer was great.  Castle Freak is one of those movies that any horror fan needs to see, not just b movie fans.  I had Tourist Trap in DVD but must have gotten rid of it.  Wasn't super into it.  

This is one of TWC approved modems.

Yay or nah? ARRIS / Motorola SURFboard SBG6580 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem and Wi-Fi N Router- Retail Packaging (570763-006-00) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040IUI46/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_dxzovb1S9DBSM

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040IUI46/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_dxzovb1S9DBSM

SURFboard modems are great.  Just based on reviews, it looks like the wireless router is part of the modem is shitty.  I'm not sure if you need a router as well, but I'd recommend picking up a separate modem and router.  It's easier to troubleshoot separate devices.  It'll be a little bit more, but it's probably worth it.  Plus, these things last forever.  I think my last router lasted me close to a decade before it died.

This is what I have and I'm happy with it.

http://www.amazon.com/ARRIS-Motorola-SurfBoard-SB6121-DOCSIS/dp/B004XC6GJ0/ref=pd_cp_e_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1RXPZGXDJBRRE3VDGK4K

I don't miss having roommates at all.  If I ever end up in a scenario where I had them, I don't think I'd mind it, but living alone is preferable for me.  I like being in control of my environment.

Same. I hated dealing with roommate shit when I lived with people, so many dumb arguments and lazy people. Living alone is so much better,

I emailed a co-worker and friend who lives up there in the Chattanooga area. Here's what he replied:

Well, I know nothing about Memphis, other than to direct them to Beale Street.

Re: Chattanooga, there isn’t a whole lot to do other than outdoors type stuff. If they like outdoors stuff, white water rafting on the Ocoee is a ton of fun (about a half hour away though). There is paddle boarding available on the Tennessee River which is right downtown which is pretty relaxing. Restaurants: Taco Mamacita, The Terminal, Hair of the Dog. Hair of the Dog is also a cool, divey place to drink beers.

Nashville: if they like music, you can’t go wrong dropping in about anywhere on Broadway. My favorite is Robert’s Western World. Always a great band playing and they have $2 PBR’s all the time. There’s a place called The Patterson House which is an old speakeasy type place that has gotten a ton of national buzz, but I just haven’t been there before. That will likely be a little more trendy. Food: Hattie B’s for hot chicken is a pretty big must if they like fried chicken. There are also tours of The Ryman from what I understand if they are a music nerd like us.

Thank you!

Chattanooga outdoors type stuff seems pretty great, I definitely plan on checking out Lookout Mountain/Ruby Falls. Hattie B's is getting added to my list for sure. The Ryman will have to be worked in there as well.

Same. I hated dealing with roommate shit when I lived with people, so many dumb arguments and lazy people. Living alone is so much better,

I'm very ready to live alone. I'm not shitting you, my morning routine of wiping up my roommates spilled coffee grinds off the kitchen countertop is about to drive me insane. So annoying.

I don't miss having roommates at all.  If I ever end up in a scenario where I had them, I don't think I'd mind it, but living alone is preferable for me.  I like being in control of my environment.

when i first moved to boston i was 18 and i had 5 roomies, who were a lot of older than me, it was exciting and i did everything in my power to be clean and quiet and whatever else makes a good roommate. within that first year, i hated it. and had roommates for the next 6 years. my last set of roommates were some of my best friend that i grew up with which was awesome, but we still stepped on each others toes. now just living with the lady.

The best was having an alcoholic for a roommate.

And by the best, I mean the worst.

like i stated above i had 5 roomies in my first apartment. it was two floors, so we had plenty of room but still.

anyway, one roommate was like 35 and would bring home lots of women, older women. we called him earthquake. the house would shake. things would sway. one time i was playing xbox wicked late into the night in the living room to the point i was falling asleep while i was playing. trying to fight to stay awake i got up to turn everything off to go to bed. i got up, the tall lamps we had were swaying and the tv was shaking, i thought i was losing it and then i heard 'her' and knew what it was. this happened multiple times a week. and every weekend. 

like i stated above i had 5 roomies in my first apartment. it was two floors, so we had plenty of room but still.

anyway, one roommate was like 35 and would bring home lots of women, older women. we called him earthquake. the house would shake. things would sway. one time i was playing xbox wicked late into the night in the living room to the point i was falling asleep while i was playing. trying to fight to stay awake i got up to turn everything off to go to bed. i got up, the tall lamps we had were swaying and the tv was shaking, i thought i was losing it and then i heard 'her' and knew what it was. this happened multiple times a week. and every weekend.

This is an amazing story

NSFW

Hahaha, that reminds of the time I came home to the sounds of my roommate & a girl banging & her coming really really loud. So I turned up some Cannibal Corpse to drown out the moaning. When I came out of my room an hour later they were downstairs & he introduced me to her. Since he brought home quite a few ladies & I was annoyed at coming home to that, I said "Oh hi, you're not the same girl as last week, right?" She laughed, looked at him & said "That's my boy". A while later my other roommate came home while she was still there. After she left, my non-alcoholic roommate turned to him & said "Dude, I know her. You know she's HIV positive right?" He says, "Eh, thats what condoms are for".

I mean wtf

Edit: realized I probably should have put this in a spoiler

Hahaha, that reminds of the time I came home to the sounds of my roommate & a girl banging & her coming really really loud. So I turned up some Cannibal Corpse to drown out the moaning. When I came out of my room an hour later they were downstairs & he introduced me to her. Since he brought home quite a few ladies & I was annoyed at coming home to that, I said "Oh hi, you're not the same girl as last week, right?" She laughed, looked at him & said "That's my boy". A while later my other roommate came home while she was still there. After she left, my non-alcoholic roommate turned to him & said "Dude, I know her. You know she's HIV positive right?" He says, "Eh, thats what condoms are for".

I mean wtf

oh shit!!

I mean wtf

yeah its bad and nasty. 

"thats my boy"....you both are nasty.

luckily i never had a problem with roomies being drunk, i dont drink so i was worried to have that happen because i didnt wanna deal with it.

yeah its bad and nasty. 

"thats my boy"....you both are nasty.

luckily i never had a problem with roomies being drunk, i dont drink so i was worried to have that happen because i didnt wanna deal with it.

Yeah, I mean I'm not a prude or anything. Most humans are sexual people & its all good. But it was 5pm & I had just gotten home from work.

& HE DIDN'T HAVE A FUCKING DOOR TO HIS BEDROOM.

I wish I could burn that entire scenario out of my brain.

When I was in college my buddies parents bought a house downtown that they wanted to condo-ize and sell. So we all lived in the same house but we each had our own living room, bathroom and kitchen and entrance but also had a communal living area downstairs.

He gave me all my rent back as a graduation present. I love my wife, but this was the best living arrangement I've ever had.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic