Fuck the post office. 45 mins searching for mail for the guy in front of me? How about you have someone else do it and man the fucking counter if you're the only one working.

Also this See Through Dresses album is fucking awesome.

Fuck the post office. 45 mins searching for mail for the guy in front of me? How about you have someone else do it and man the fucking counter if you're the only one working.

Also this See Through Dresses album is fucking awesome.

That's always so annoying. And what's worse is usually people picking up mail don't wait in line.

Off to a good start by this employer. They were supposed to call me at 5 to discuss a time for the interview... and no call and no contact information for them...

Hey guys, need to pick your collective brain.

I've been tasked with finding a laptop for my mother so she can get work done at home. She's 62, easily frustrated with technology, and most definitely doesn't need anything too fancy in regards to graphics.

Anyone have a good recommendation for one with decent internal hard drive, enough RAM where she doesn't get impatient, and easy to navigate?

Hey guys, need to pick your collective brain.

I've been tasked with finding a laptop for my mother so she can get work done at home. She's 62, easily frustrated with technology, and most definitely doesn't need anything too fancy in regards to graphics.

Anyone have a good recommendation for one with decent internal hard drive, enough RAM where she doesn't get impatient, and easy to navigate?

There really isn't an 'old person' friendly laptop. I would just suggest getting a netbook and teaching her.

There really isn't an 'old person' friendly laptop. I would just suggest getting a netbook and teaching her.

I had a feeling that may be the case. I don't even know how to navigate Windows 10, so this is going to be a blast.

I like my Acer and it was like $400 or something. I'll link it when I get home.

I second the acer cause they are cheap and stable and don't have all the bells and whistles

Thanks for the tip! I was looking into a Lenovo ThinkPad t460, but the price is much higher than I'm sure she's considering.

A netbook, or hell, even a cheap chromebook would probably be good.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how much or what type of work she needs to get done on the thing. She recently switched positions at her hospital, and is now working in Information Systems/IT instead of nurse managing, so I think she mainly needs to be able to remote in to her desktop?

I'm not the most tech-savvy in this area, obviously.

MYSTERY VARIANTS!

What if we get two different ones. Coin flip? Haha.

They are going to your house first, so feel free to take which ever (and open if they come sealed to check). I honestly don't care about the variant on it.

I don't know what remote app she will need, but teamviewer should work on any os.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/438199/X551MAV-EB01-B_156_Laptop_Computer_-_Black

Not the most powerful laptop for sure, but should get the job done.

Thanks Thomas!

Oddly looks like only available for in-store pickup (and the closest being 6 hours away), but gives me a good idea :)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic