1 hour ago, KingTacoMunster said:

afternoon all...just got a break from a 4 hour virtual training class around diversity. need to stretch the ole legs, but wanted to mention that the movie Midnight Special is soooooooooooooo good. its at the redbox = rent it now!

You're supposed to qualify "old" now, so it would be, at a minimum, "older legs". Preferred would be "not young but still useful and lively legs".

What did they even teach you at this class?

Edited by BuzzersonKillwell
Hey kids! I'm a computer!

20 minutes ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

You're supposed to qualify "old" now, so it would be, at a minimum, "older legs". Preferred would be "not young but still useful and lively legs".

What did they even teach you at this class?

its still going on, but its all about having the right conversations, to included everyone and not to offend, empathizing and understanding cultures, etc...

Edited by KingTacoMunster

I wanted to see Midnight Special when it was in theaters but didn't get the chance. Big fan of the director and Michael Shannon. Might pony up the $6 for the VOD rental.  Our computer is fucky right now so torrents are too much of a hassle and I'll spend the extra few bucks not to drive to a red box.

Morning good people

2 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Morning all.

It's disgusting hot out

Absolutely. Heat index here is over 100 all week. Off today and tomorrow, driving to Charleston tonight to take the wife to see Dave Matthews (one of her favorites that she's never seen). I'm happy for her but.....hahha

5 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Morning good people

Absolutely. Heat index here is over 100 all week. Off today and tomorrow, driving to Charleston tonight to take the wife to see Dave Matthews (one of her favorites that she's never seen). I'm happy for her but.....hahha

They are good live at least, not my favorite band but my family is pretty into them so I've been dragged along to see them and they put on a good show

11 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Morning good people

Bring Ice packs to stay cool

Pinegrove was incredible, surprised they played an hour set. I would recommend catching them if they come to town. They were really gracious, the vocals and playing were both top notch. I got a flat tire on the way and missed most of the openers unfortunately. But it was worth it for Pinegrove alone, the bonus was when I rebought the LP (sold my /700 grey when I needed $ a couple months back) it was the first pressing /300 blue that sold out in preorder. Wish I had caught more than 2 songs from Sports they sounded pretty great too, but now I'll just have to see them again next time they come to town

Morning all. The heat is ungodly here with days seeing a high of 94 but feeling like 107. Staying as close to an air conditioning vent as possible all day. Been kinda stuck on Corrosion of Conformity the last two days [the hardcore version, not the Pepper Keenan/Black Sabbathy rock version].

3 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Morning all.

It's disgusting hot out

Lack of sleep + heat = Ugliness in multiple forms I fear. Try to have a good one sir

1 hour ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Morning good people

Dave's not a bad live show, but even more fun when he's trashed. I've got a couple of great bootlegs from around the Under the Table and Dreaming era where he's slurring so badly you can't understand a damn thing he says and multiple times he makes huge missteps while playing and kinda crashes into the rest of the bands rythym lol

21 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Morning all. The heat is ungodly here with days seeing a high of 94 but feeling like 107. Staying as close to an air conditioning vent as possible all day. Been kinda stuck on Corrosion of Conformity the last two days [the hardcore version, not the Pepper Keenan/Black Sabbathy rock version].

Lack of sleep + heat = Ugliness in multiple forms I fear. Try to have a good one sir

Eye for an Eye and Six Songs with Mike are awesome. 

I actually had 2 2hour stretches of sleep last night. 

The heat just sucks.

27 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Eye for an Eye and Six Songs with Mike are awesome. 

I actually had 2 2hour stretches of sleep last night. 

The heat just sucks.

Six Songs with Mike and the added bonus tracks on Technocracy with him singing are my favorites. But, I'm actually quite fond of the newer stuff with Mike Dean on vocals also like the S/T & IX. I wish they had always just been a three piece the whole time 

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

5 hours ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Six Songs with Mike and the added bonus tracks on Technocracy with him singing are my favorites. But, I'm actually quite fond of the newer stuff with Mike Dean on vocals also like the S/T & IX. I wish they had always just been a three piece the whole time 

Be fair... Deliverance is awesome. 

I disliked it when they were a 5 piece.

8 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Morning good people

Screw you I just got in the car coming home from work and the thermostat read almost 120 <3

8 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Bring Ice packs to stay cool

I saw Carcass last night. Be proud of me <3.

2 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Be fair... Deliverance is awesome. 

I disliked it when they were a 5 piece.

I'm not giving Blind any credit at all, but I like the Pepper albums, I just wish they would label themselves as a different band because they totally are with him behind the microphone...

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic