Today I went to court to fight a red light camera citation. I lost. Got a very bullshit excuse that there are no FL statues to support my defense. So now I gotta come up with close to $300 in 30 days to pay the damn thing. I'm feeling completely defeated and shot down. No idea how I will come with that amount. 

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

Today I went to court to fight a red light camera citation. I lost. Got a very bullshit excuse that there are no FL statues to support my defense. So now I gotta come up with close to $300 in 30 days to pay the damn thing. I'm feeling completely defeated and shot down. No idea how I will come with that amount. 

What happened and what was your defense?

I'm seriously curious, they've started installing red light cams in my hood.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

I was in my work truck (Ford Escape) on the left turning lane waiting for the light to change to go. I was behind a tall box truck that was blocking my line of sight and couldn't see the light. Started moving forward and I held back at a safe distance to get a glimpse of the light but was still being blocked by the box truck. As soon as I was in the middle of the intersection veering left and the box truck had veered also and cleared my view, that's when I saw the light was red. 

My defense was that my line of sight was blocked even though I maintained a safe distance from the box truck and it was too late for me when I got clear. The damn judge spewed some bullshit that there is no FL statute to support my defense and therefore I crossed a red light. So now have to pay the $158 fine plus $125 court fees. Total bullshit. 

She was denying everyone today. 

Here, they've been deemed unlawful as well in a lot of areas. I got oh so lucky to be the in town that still has them and doesn't give a rat's ass.

The kicker is that the company that maintains and records all the shit and sends them to the pigs locally, they're based in AZ. So essentially, they record any time it's tripped. Forward the images and videos to the local pigs...and some asshole pig reviews them and pushes a button to issue the citations and fuck up people's lives.

ACAB

does anyone have or know anything about those little acer / chromebook laptops? i know there's nothing much to them, but im thinking of getting one for my mom. she just browses the web, facebook and emails on my old macbook - battery is dead, has to be plugged in all the time and is 8 years old.

are they any good? im worried about getting her anything with windows on it, chromebook has always looked real simple.

6 minutes ago, henster311 said:

does anyone have or know anything about those little acer / chromebook laptops? i know there's nothing much to them, but im thinking of getting one for my mom. she just browses the web, facebook and emails on my old macbook - battery is dead, has to be plugged in all the time and is 8 years old.

are they any good? im worried about getting her anything with windows on it, chromebook has always looked real simple.

Chromebooks are as simple as you think. A different OS might be difficult for someone with no pc experience at first though.

7 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Chromebooks are as simple as you think. A different OS might be difficult for someone with no pc experience at first though.

yeah my mom is still learning computers haha and mac os is pretty easy i think, last thing i wanna do is give her a windows laptop. im not even in the same state...aye.

11 hours ago, henster311 said:

Just got one of the budget Acers and 9/10 of my gripes are related to it having windows 8, I miss 7 on my old laptop

Can't believe I've missed Riot Fest every year, but I said to myself "Lush boxset or Riot Fest Ticket?" Lush won cause that was just for ticket, then I need to drive an hour and a half each way for 3 days (or buy a hotel room), food, merch and then I would have to deal with anxiety and festival crowds and see most of the bands I wanted to see play shorter sets. I might look for a one day ticket for tomorrow then I could at least catch Sleater-Kinney who was the main draw for me. The other issue is there is only a couple of bands each day I'd like to see and good luck getting a good spot to see the Misfits Sunday unless you want to hang out in front of that stage all day

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic