Day 2 of being 30: As a kid and a teenager I always thought I'd have my shit together and be "normal" by the time I was 30. At 20 I never thought 10 years later I'd spend a night drinking and listening to Trophy Scars. Hell, when I was 10 I thought I'd have a "real" job, a house, a wife, and a kid by now. Out of all of that I MIGHT end up with a house some day...or at least living in my partner's house. But a wife, kid, and a "real" job? Never gonna happen. I'm surprisingly fine with that...not so surprising on the "no children, ever" thing though.

Only real downside to being out of my 20s that I can see is now it'll be weird(er) for me to go to shows and my substance (ab)use will be more questionable.

52 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Day 2 of being 30: As a kid and a teenager I always thought I'd have my shit together and be "normal" by the time I was 30. At 20 I never thought 10 years later I'd spend a night drinking and listening to Trophy Scars. Hell, when I was 10 I thought I'd have a "real" job, a house, a wife, and a kid by now. Out of all of that I MIGHT end up with a house some day...or at least living in my partner's house. But a wife, kid, and a "real" job? Never gonna happen. I'm surprisingly fine with that...not so surprising on the "no children, ever" thing though.

Only real downside to being out of my 20s that I can see is now it'll be weird(er) for me to go to shows and my substance (ab)use will be more questionable.

i feel like there was no change at all when i entered my 30s.  pretty much the same as you. No house, not married, no kids and I'm also pretty cool with it.  I've been job searching and it can get pretty stressful. I don't know how i would deal with that if i had a mortgage payment and a family to worry about.  

I found that a lot show audiences aged with me. Sometimes the median age is young but I've never looked around and been like, whoa, this is weird. 

Substance abuse catches up to you though. Hangovers get pretty brutal and I started to just get weird pain. Like neck pain and kidney area pain. Mostly though, in my mid-thirties I feel like the same dude. 

9 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

...not so surprising on the "no children, ever" thing though.

I hold the spot as "The only child in my family with no children". I feel like it's a trophy or something lol

Edit: Starting my Saturday off watching UK/DK @GHOSTDRONES after all the Oi! talk yesterday

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

10 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Much more optimistic than I was as a teen. I for sure thought I would be dead. I still have time, but it's looking like I'll probably make it to 30 after all.

Happy belated, Kevin. 

1 hour ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

I found that a lot show audiences aged with me. Sometimes the median age is young but I've never looked around and been like, whoa, this is weird. 

Substance abuse catches up to you though. Hangovers get pretty brutal and I started to just get weird pain. Like neck pain and kidney area pain. Mostly though, in my mid-thirties I feel like the same dude. 

I have the opposite issue where I'm usually the youngest one there by a large margin unless some parent brought their kid.

1 hour ago, deafening said:

Much more optimistic than I was as a teen. I for sure thought I would be dead. I still have time, but it's looking like I'll probably make it to 30 after all.

Happy belated, Kevin. 

Well, I wasn't TOO optimistic. The caveat was "if I don't kill myself" It was basically "I'll either die or become someone else."

So I guess I'm glad that I made it this far without compromising who I am. Granted who I am is a weird fuck up, but whatever. 

2 hours ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

Luckily I've been having weird pain for as long as I can remember. My hangovers have actually improved fprbthe most part because I stopped drinking shitty beer and don't typically get drunk if I'm drinking beer. Yay vodka! Clear liquor 4 lyfe.

Also, I've been so busy that I forgot to let you know my Whores LP get here safe and sound and it rules. Thanks dude!

8 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Right? Sounds like he has marbles in his mouth

I've had dinner with a whole group of Scottish people and had no trouble understanding them, but he's speaking some bastardized form of English/Cockney with a Scottish accent lol

Edit: "Garble garble, fuck off! Garble garble...

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

4 hours ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I've had dinner with a whole group of Scottish people and had no trouble understanding them, but he's speaking some bastardized form of English/Cockney with a Scottish accent lol

Edit: "Garble garble, fuck off! Garble garble...

Haha... maybe, I always thought it was just him

8 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

At my girlfriend's family's Christmas party. I got a bunch of presents but I still don't remember who anyone (over the age of 30 or under 23) actually is.

It's my 3rd Christmas and I've been to 2 of their weddings so I should start remembering names.

Always shoot for the "Hey guy" or "Buddy!" thing when forgetting family members lol

2 hours ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Always shoot for the "Hey guy" or "Buddy!" thing when forgetting family members lol

I give lots customers I know I've seen that but can't remember their name (despite shaking their hands and having formal introductions) that all the time

2 hours ago, deafening said:

My boyfriend's brother just had a baby recently. I called him the "wee baby Seamus" so much while his wife was pregnant that when he finally came I would just say "Hi, baby" because I would randomly forget his name.

Is his wife's name Trinette?

9 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Ugh, one of my favorite prints is on ebay but for way too much. Damn secondary market on art is insane.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Audrey-Kawasaki-2-Sisters-Print-Amy-Sol-Josh-Keyes-Kaws-Miss-buggs-/222320850269?hash=item33c35af55d:g:RhQAAOSwgZ1XueSq

dats purty

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic