29 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I hate all of you that have long weekends :(. It's so annoying that non-contract employees get from tomorrow off, until January 3rd. We'll be the only ones here for the next week.

Feel for you T - I work until at least 10:30pm New Year's Eve and Jan 1st too! And no holiday pay! Woo.

5 minutes ago, chkadea said:

Feel for you T - I work until at least 10:30pm New Year's Eve and Jan 1st too! And no holiday pay! Woo.

That's super lame. We are here on the Eve's, but since they are Saturdays I don't have to work them. I got my Saturdays in the last few weeks. Sucks, since my best friend is coming home, but he could only get off a few days so he'll be here Christmas day to Wed. Doubt I'll get to see him for more than a minute because of shitty work shifts next week.

I don't miss that at all. At AAA I worked every holiday, since we were 24/7 365.

Edited by Thomas³

10 hours ago, The Butcha said:

You don't need to be able to draw. That's what the tattoo artist is for, my friend. :)

Also, so ready for this holiday season to be over. My hands have been bleeding on the daily due to the amount of rib roasts I've been tying.

My meat room currently only has 3 butchers (1 who is leaving after the new year) and 1 clerk. Our phone is ringing off the hook and 9/10 calls are for them and I should really just start being like "Meat department? Never heard of it." We're also on a strict "You will face corrective action if you work more than 39.5 hours" policy right now. Our one salaried meat cutter (manager) has been getting fucked.

I've got so many platter orders that I'll be cutting and rolling about 400lbs of cold cuts on Saturday

49 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

My meat room currently only has 3 butchers (1 who is leaving after the new year) and 1 clerk. Our phone is ringing off the hook and 9/10 calls are for them and I should really just start being like "Meat department? Never heard of it." We're also on a strict "You will face corrective action if you work more than 39.5 hours" policy right now. Our one salaried meat cutter (manager) has been getting fucked.

I've got so many platter orders that I'll be cutting and rolling about 400lbs of cold cuts on Saturday

Good to see we're both on fire work wise. My store is a sinking ship. 

6 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

You know... job hunting,  it's time to move on from this joint. Other than that, everything is busy as all get out.

Some day we'll head back out west. Not sure when though. I am sure she would have a blast doing some tough looking tattoos on you haha.

Job hunting? There are jobs out here! :)

hey bladie. Don't be such a stranger.

7 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Man, everything there and in Austin are always like "We're only looking for people who live here already". :(

It's really hard to get an apt if you don't live out here too unless you go for a big building and they overcharge like crazy. Portland is a strange city...they don't want any more outsiders, yet pretty much encourage the homeless to live here.

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

It's really hard to get an apt if you don't live out here too unless you go for a big building and they overcharge like crazy. Portland is a strange city...they don't want any more outsiders, yet pretty much encourage the homeless to live here.

Austin seems to be the same way. I'm still desperately searching for both though. One day something will pan out.... hopefully.

Edit: I do have a free place to live in Austin though, at least until I get everything sorted. I'll probably just end up moving there without a job in the near future, if nothing else works out. The Pacific NW is my ultimate goal though.

Edited by Thomas³

8 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Austin seems to be the same way. I'm still desperately searching for both though. One day something will pan out.... hopefully.

Edit: I do have a free place to live in Austin though, at least until I get everything sorted. I'll probably just end up moving there without a job in the near future, if nothing else works out. The Pacific NW is my ultimate goal though.

Austin seems pretty alright, too hot for this guy though.

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

John, how's your Julien Baker splatter sound? I ordered a yellow copy, and got the clear with the blue splatter, and the beginning of both side is super noisy for 30-40 seconds. Kinda annoying. I've had bad luck with non-solid color copies lately.

Mine has a couple pops and clicks here and there, but I haven't wet cleaned it yet. Sounds fine to me overall though and I don't have the problem you described.

I've heard conflicting stories of this being a well pressed record and complete shit. I'd imagine it's pretty hot or miss. Sounds like poor QC.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic