6 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Rainer Maria was awesome... new record soon. They played so much off of Look Now, Look Again as well as the Atlantic... awesome set... oh yeah and Tinfoil.

<3

I saw them in 2004 and it was one of the better concert experiences I've had.

12 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Rainer Maria was awesome... new record soon. They played so much off of Look Now, Look Again as well as the Atlantic... awesome set... oh yeah and Tinfoil.

I checked them out due to you mentioning the show and liked the album I listened to.  Excited to dig a little deeper into their work!

Hey Ghost, are you going to that Brooklyn Sunn O))) show in March?  I'm kicking around the idea of making a NYC trip around it.  I know that the Boston show sold out, so I'm going to be making my decision in the next few days.  Been about 6 years since I've been on that coast, I'm due for a visit.

3 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I checked them out due to you mentioning the show and liked the album I listened to.  Excited to dig a little deeper into their work!

Look Now, Look Again is my favorite,  but I like just about everything.  They get more "rock'y" later but those records are just super fun.

16 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I'll probably still read it once I've finished it.  His opinions align with mine pretty regularly.  Not saying that he can't be wrong by any means, just that traditionally I'm on the same wave length with the bulk of his reviews.

Edit : I very rarely read reviews before I've seen something too.  I like to read them after I've made my own thoughts on a show/movie/whatever and then to see what someone else's perspective is compared to mine.

Yeah, that review just read like parody. The whole purpose of the show and everyone in it was pretty much reduced to interpretative dance, and nothing more based on that review. The show has mysteries running deeper than that, I assure you, lol. 

17 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Yeah, that review just read like parody. The whole purpose of the show and everyone in it was pretty much reduced to interpretative dance, and nothing more based on that review. The show has mysteries running deeper than that, I assure you, lol. 

Ha, might be fun to read no matter what I think of the show :)  I didn't watch one last night (little too boozed up for something heady), so I'll probably knock out a few today.  I've liked the 3 I have watched for the most part.  The mysteries are enjoyable without being irritating and I don't feel like the show is trying to 'trick' me like some other mystery based shows (cough westworld cough).

Edited by jonrawks

9 minutes ago, deafening said:

I saw a post yesterday of a Dream Theater design photoshopped onto Dwayne Johnson's t-shirt, with 500 "omg The Rock likes DT?! SO COOL" comments.

This trend should die immediately.

I saw the same one, but for coheed. How do people not realize these are fake?

41 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Hey Ghost, are you going to that Brooklyn Sunn O))) show in March?  I'm kicking around the idea of making a NYC trip around it.  I know that the Boston show sold out, so I'm going to be making my decision in the next few days.  Been about 6 years since I've been on that coast, I'm due for a visit.

I did not know they were playing.  I might. I have to find a babysitter for it.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic