1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Yeah I just picked up Judas Goats and Dieseleaters from them for $10 so $12 for 2x7"s was a little "eeeehhhhh" but in the end I was just too stoked for new Ed Gein.

I'll probably end up grabbing one by days end if this eBay auction I'm watching doesn't turn out in my favor. Trying to snag one of three remaining Red House Painters OP albums I'm missing for a decent price... I'm in that "fun zone" where all the items I need are in the triple digits now, so I can only pick something up every so often if I catch an awesome deal or can live with some slight jacket damage.

17 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I'll probably end up grabbing one by days end if this eBay auction I'm watching doesn't turn out in my favor. Trying to snag one of three remaining Red House Painters OP albums I'm missing for a decent price... I'm in that "fun zone" where all the items I need are in the triple digits now, so I can only pick something up every so often if I catch an awesome deal or can live with some slight jacket damage.

I'm getting there too.  It's real hard for me to justify $100+ LPs, but some are too essential for me to pass up.  I'm glad those RHP LPs got reissued, saved me a bundle..  I probably would've went for OPs after I finished up with my Sun Kil Moon collection.

1 minute ago, jonrawks said:

I'm getting there too.  It's real hard for me to justify $100+ LPs, but some are too essential for me to pass up.  I'm glad those RHP LPs got reissued, saved me a bundle..  I probably would've went for OPs after I finished up with my Sun Kil Moon collection.

It's one of those "only if I have to" things now. Hurts, but I am stuck at this point knowing I had some of the very costly pieces I need now once, but when you need a car, what can you do but sell what will bring you quick cash? I was down to only needing an OP of DCH, but let go of my Ocean Beach & Roller coaster OPs. And, my signed copy of Ghost of the Great Highway, which I still want to chew on a bullet for selling. If I had any idea people would be charging nearly $500 for a copy now, I would have sold blood instead or my guitars lol. You have a few pieces I need and seeing your collection makes me gnaw at my knuckles lol

It's tough with those SKM albums too.  Koz doesn't seem to have any interest in repressing them, so waiting on that might not ever pay off.  Signed copy of Ghosts sounds amazing!  He doesn't seem like the type of dude who would sign LPs, haha.  I'm still missing a few of the things he's released as Mark Kozelek, but I don't really know if I care about that 4xLP Christmas set to spend any real money on it.

3 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

It's tough with those SKM albums too.  Koz doesn't seem to have any interest in repressing them, so waiting on that might not ever pay off.  Signed copy of Ghosts sounds amazing!  He doesn't seem like the type of dude who would sign LPs, haha.  I'm still missing a few of the things he's released as Mark Kozelek, but I don't really know if I care about that 4xLP Christmas set to spend any real money on it.

Yea it certainly seems like he has no interest at all in his vinyl medium, and talks so much shit about it that I honestly don't understand why he even puts out music on vinyl now. I doubt those SKM albums will get repressed ever. I lucked up on most of my stuff by picking it up as it came out so I have two copies of that Xmas box but have less than $100 in both and one came with an autographed poster. Got that GOTGH when Aural Exploits was still open for like $30 I think? I remember thinking I was nuts when I spent $75 on three copies of April... If only I had known then how difficult it would get maybe I would have just changed hobbies hahaha

I'm always late to the party but finally going through Black Mirror because I remember everyone talking about White Christmas in here.

I just finished that episode and it is bubble gum rainbows compared to White Bear which is easily one of the most stressful mind fucks I've experienced in a long time.

Amazing.

1 hour ago, deafening said:

I'm always late to the party but finally going through Black Mirror because I remember everyone talking about White Christmas in here.

I just finished that episode and it is bubble gum rainbows compared to White Bear which is easily one of the most stressful mind fucks I've experienced in a long time.

Amazing.

that episode made me nauseous. amazing writing though, it really messed me up.   I have to watch that show when i'm in the right head space. Still haven't finished the new season.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic