4 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I think Mackenzie Davis is so wonderful :wub:  Halt and Catch fire is so enjoyable!  The first season was a bit rocky for me, but two and three were real strong start to finish.  Glad that AMC gave it a fourth and final season too!

IT'S ENDING?????  noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:o

Alright. So. This week I got my shit together and bought actual meals at the store instead of a bunch of random shit that I throw together into dinners.

Ate the last dinner tonight, and if any of you are interested the things I made were:

Bacon wrapped scallops w/sriracha mayo, avocado in little bibb lettuce wraps.

Minestrone (two days worth and froze another twoish days worth.

Chicken with broccoli and brown rice.

Flank steak w/ balsamic glazed onions, and brussel sprout hash.

Blackened tilapia w/ creamy cauliflower.

Tomorrow we eat takeout burritos like little shit piggies.

The brussel sprout has was incredible, so I hope some of you google that shit and try it.

That girl was at the gym again today. Luckily she wasn't in my way but her and her friend sat on machines for way too long, did practically nothing, and loudly talked about how all the women there skinnier than them must be bulimic.

I walked by on my way to the locker room and I wanted to say "Maybe they actually put down their phones and work out" but instead dropped a very passive aggressive "You know everyone can hear you, right?" My girlfriend could hear them over her fucking headphones they were so loud.

If I hear that shit from them again I'm gonna up my petty passive aggressiveness to complaining about them at the front desk. It's a shitty Planet Fitness, but they actually take shit like that seriously.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

@Thomas³, @KingTacoMunster, @GHOSTDRONES, @NapalmBrain, @GreatGreenOne77, @chkadea,

Thank you for the kind words and offering to listen and allow me to vent. It's immensely appreciated. Sometimes we just need some words of encouragement to pick ourselves back up and keep on keepin' on.

Love y'all.

:wub:

Ugh, last night driving in the terrible snowy roads made my anxiety act up. Having a slight panic attack this morning sitting at my desk for seemingly no reason. It sucks. First time it's happened in a long time. Hopefully it subsides soon, since it's just annoying more than a really bad one.

It's also quite cold out today, was 5F with a windchill of -7F when I left.

Fuck. Hate to keep going in the same direction but could use some positive thoughts. My uncle had a heart attack last night and was basically dead but they brought him back but he only has about a 25% to make it. It's my dad's brother, which my dad just lost his mom in October and his dad in December and now this shit. The Fuck is going on.

4 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Fuck. Hate to keep going in the same direction but could use some positive thoughts. My uncle had a heart attack last night and was basically dead but they brought him back but he only has about a 25% to make it. It's my dad's brother, which my dad just lost his mom in October and his dad in December and now this shit. The Fuck is going on.

Wow, that is pretty heavy. Positive vibes your way for sure Ryan.

10 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Sending good thoughts your way Ryan - hoping he makes a speedy recovery <3

Good morning everyone :) 

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

Thank you for the kind words and offering to listen and allow me to vent. It's immensely appreciated. Sometimes we just need some words of encouragement to pick ourselves back up and keep on keepin' on.

Love y'all.

:wub:

We all have our times, and words can help a lot. A few very awesome people here have helped me keep my mind afloat when it was sinking for sure. The power of positive strangers is real! Much love back homie <3 

11 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

That girl was at the gym again today. Luckily she wasn't in my way but her and her friend sat on machines for way too long, did practically nothing, and loudly talked about how all the women there skinnier than them must be bulimic.

I walked by on my way to the locker room and I wanted to say "Maybe they actually put down their phones and work out" but instead dropped a very passive aggressive "You know everyone can hear you, right?" My girlfriend could hear them over her fucking headphones they were so loud.

If I hear that shit from them again I'm gonna up my petty passive aggressiveness to complaining about them at the front desk. It's a shitty Planet Fitness, but they actually take shit like that seriously.

Planet Fitness takes a lot of shit talk from people, but they have a great gym here and are serious about not letting you feel like you don't belong there or letting people be rude or hassle you. Talk to the front desk people, they are always willing to help out avoiding a shitty confrontation, especially when someone is just using the equipment for a seat...

11 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Stay strong brother. You know where to find me if you need a shoulder...

2 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Ugh, last night driving in the terrible snowy roads made my anxiety act up. Having a slight panic attack this morning sitting at my desk for seemingly no reason. It sucks. First time it's happened in a long time. Hopefully it subsides soon, since it's just annoying more than a really bad one.

It's also quite cold out today, was 5F with a windchill of -7F when I left.

Ok, so, maybe a low of 17F is a gift... I cannot imagine dealing with negative temperatures. You're built of stronger stuff than you realize duder! Oh, btw, finally got my replacement tweeters for my Polk bookshelf speakers yesterday after complaining in October....

27 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Ok, so, maybe a low of 17F is a gift... I cannot imagine dealing with negative temperatures. You're built of stronger stuff than you realize duder! Oh, btw, finally got my replacement tweeters for my Polk bookshelf speakers yesterday after complaining in October....

Well, it's not like I'm outside standing in it :P. I did shiver quite a bit on my smoke break, but I was only outside for about 10 minutes. When the actual temp is below zero, and the windchill is in the -20 or -30's, that's when it's not fun at all. You don't go out, even if you have to.

Edit: Brain's a scramble. Nice on the tweeters. Install them yet?

Edited by Thomas³

39 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Sorry bro, praying for a safe recovery

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic