1 minute ago, NapalmBrain said:

Seriously wtf first time I've had health insurance and I was told when buying my plan my prescription would be $10, I go to pick it up and for a 2 week supply it's 4 times that. I call the insurance and it's a 40 min wait to talk to someone....fantastic

You're not alone brother. My plan was stopped being offered in my state this year so I had to pick another one up, still haven't gotten my cards or any of that shit, and they want nearly $26 for my Xanax at Walmart... I hate insurance bullshit!

5 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Seriously wtf first time I've had health insurance and I was told when buying my plan my prescription would be $10, I go to pick it up and for a 2 week supply it's 4 times that. I call the insurance and it's a 40 min wait to talk to someone....fantastic

Did you get brand name vs generic? A lot of insurance companies say the brand name, but only cover generic for the cheaper prices.

6 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Did you get brand name vs generic? A lot of insurance companies say the brand name, but only cover generic for the cheaper prices.

Have to love that we are "forced" into having health care, but there is no enforcement or regulation on the bullshit that the providers do to hurt the insured.

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

not sure if that's the problem or not, but I checked specifically on price of my medication before buying that plan so I'm frustrated, maybe that pharmacy is outside their circle?

11 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

not sure if that's the problem or not, but I checked specifically on price of my medication before buying that plan so I'm frustrated, maybe that pharmacy is outside their circle?

I know BCBS does their shit in  tiers. Like one of the anti epileptics I take is so new there is no generic for it so it's considered a tier 4 drug so I have to pay a portion of it while everything else I take is available in generics. It's a huge clusterfuck just to avoid health issues while causing others like stress issues and ulcers...

Edit: Pre Approval for a drug is bullshit too. If the doctor puts me on it, that pretty much says it in my opinion. They have a quantity limit on my heartburn meds...Like, wtf, and I gonna go home and smoke Prevacid???

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

19 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I know BCBS does their shit in  tiers. Like one of the anti epileptics I take is so new there is no generic for it so it's considered a tier 4 drug so I have to pay a portion of it while everything else I take is available in generics. It's a huge clusterfuck just to avoid health issues while causing others like stress issues and ulcers...

Edit: Pre Approval for a drug is bullshit too. If the doctor puts me on it, that pretty much says it in my opinion. They have a quantity limit on my heartburn meds...Like, wtf, and I gonna go home and smoke Prevacid???

had to talk to 3 people before someone with a brain could explain it properly. Wrong pharmacy and name brand rather than generic so you guys were right. So I called my doctor and had to leave a message explaining the situation hope it can get resolved. But I still have a week + supply so it's not do or die right now

7 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

had to talk to 3 people before someone with a brain could explain it properly. Wrong pharmacy and name brand rather than generic so you guys were right. So I called my doctor and had to leave a message explaining the situation hope it can get resolved. But I still have a week + supply so it's not do or die right now

My doctor does that shit all the time. Calls in name brands, so I have to argue with the pharmacist for a generic version. Glad you got it sorted.

25 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

My doctor does that shit all the time. Calls in name brands, so I have to argue with the pharmacist for a generic version. Glad you got it sorted.

I don't get that. Any time I bring in a prescription, there's an option the doctor can check if it absolutely has to be name brand. Otherwise, my pharmacist automatically fills generic. 

1 hour ago, THE_James_Champ said:

I don't get that. Any time I bring in a prescription, there's an option the doctor can check if it absolutely has to be name brand. Otherwise, my pharmacist automatically fills generic. 

Maybe different state laws? I think in Ohio, doctors can still get kick backs from pharmaceutical companies for using their drugs.

Edited by Thomas³

Anyone here have any words of advice for me seeing am I am considering buying a phone made by Huawei ? I've pretty much been a staunch LG person forever, but I need something faster that won't break my pocket and I found one with good specs for a decent price, but Youtube vids are too personally objective.

2 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Anyone here have any words of advice for me seeing am I am considering buying a phone made by Huawei ? I've pretty much been a staunch LG person forever, but I need something faster that won't break my pocket and I found one with good specs for a decent price, but Youtube vids are too personally objective.

I know they made some of the old Google phones, for Project Fi. That's all I really know. If google trusts them, they should be good.

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I know they made some of the old Google phones, for Project Fi. That's all I really know. If google trusts them, they should be good.

Cool. This way I can update for less than $200 and not get a piece of junk since I'm not familiar with their brand. The specs are really good for that price and are nearly double the speeds & storage of my current phone. 

4 hours ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Huawei is good. Just make sure you look into software updates for the model you're looking at. Like how their new phone is shipping with 6.x and not getting 7.0 til Q2. Crazy. Are you looking into a new phone or new phone and carrier? You can get a Nexus 5x for $200 on Project Fi. Fi is no contract, unlimited talk and text for $20, and $10/gb. So damn good. Plus since they are Google phones they get updates fast, usually the first models to get them. I have a Nexus 6 that I've used on Fi for two years and it's still a champ. I'm about to upgrafe to the 5x cause it's too good to pass up. My old roommate just got it and loves it -- just switched to Fi too. 

Edited by Dave Grohl

14 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Huawei is good. Just make sure you look into software updates for the model you're looking at. Like how their new phone is shipping with 6.x and not getting 7.0 til Q2. Crazy. Are you looking into a new phone or new phone and carrier? You can get a Nexus 5x for $200 on Project Fi. Fi is no contract, unlimited talk and text for $20, and $10/gb. So damn good. Plus since they are Google phones they get updates fast, usually the first models to get them. I have a Nexus 6 that I've used on Fi for two years and it's still a champ. I'm about to upgrafe to the 5x cause it's too good to pass up. My old roommate just got it and loves it -- just switched to Fi too. 

I was just looking at a new phone really. I've been with Straight Talk for years and really have no complaints about service, I've just always ended up with slow phones because I try to buy a year or so behind to save $. I'll link the one I'm checking out, and all the youtube vids I see say it's a good buy, but you tell me what you think @Dave Grohl

https://shop.straighttalk.com/shop/en/straighttalk/phones/Huawei-Sensa-lte

Edit: Looked at the Nexus on Fi. Seems the same plan I have with Straight talk would be $20 more a month with Fi if I get 5 gigs plus the $20 basics. With tax mine is like $47.25 a month for unlimited talk/text & 5 gigs of data & unlimited wifi usage. Not sure how the $ back for unused data would change that figure though...

28 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Goal for the weekend is to not leave my house until I go to work on Tuesday (working from home Monday).  Once the temperature starts hovering close to freezing, I kick into hermit most as best I can.

My plan as well. 15F high today and tomorrow, then back up above freezing Monday.

28 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Goal for the weekend is to not leave my house until I go to work on Tuesday (working from home Monday).  Once the temperature starts hovering close to freezing, I kick into hermit most as best I can.

Same here! It's 19 with the wind chill, and I just finished watching like 1/4 of an inch of snow fall on top of my flooded yard, then disappear... If you've got food, entertainment, and good brown liquor, no need to leave....

38 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

On Nicky's last IG post, he said they were playing here but had no venue set-up. Hopefully they find one. From the live videos they do seem pretty hit or miss.

I follow the band and Brandon on Instagram and they definitely like to booze it up (or at least give the impression they do).  No fault there, just prefer it not hindering the performance :)  It seems like they're riding real high off of Tired too, that might be part of it?

Unrelated, just found this funny and wanted to share.

https://tech.slashdot.org/story/17/01/08/0234259/tv-news-broadcast-accidentally-activates-alexa-initiates-orders

Yeah, I follow both too. They certainly do booze it up. Weird Brandon did not go to Japan with them though. I imagine they need a break after touring so damn much (unless Nicky just went early, since I think the tour starts in a few days there).

Haha, I read that article earlier too. It's pretty damn funny.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic