30 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

I do at least once a week and do a lot of at home for first half, office for second half.  One of my favorite perks.

I'm very jealous!  My friends that I travel with and I are planning on London (and more of Europe) in the summer.  That'll be our meeting city.

I went on tour in England in 2008 but the only time I spent in London was at the airport. I'm excited to finally explore! I'll send you snaps. :)

52 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Applied for a job last night, and they sent me the application this morning. Job didn't say anything about programming, but one of the application challenges is to write a script to "Open the File (CSV), Calculate the total number of calls (number of rows excluding the header), Calculate the total billed amount, Calculate the total billed call duration, Display the summary data in the terminal window, or write the summary data to a file". My knowledge of scripting is nothing anymore :( . Sounded like a challenging job too.

Scripting is probably my favorite part of my job.

4 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Scripting is probably my favorite part of my job.

I don't know any languages, but the application encourages google for any part of it (other part is running wire shark to check out package loss for VoIP). I think I'm going to mess with it tonight and see what I can do. Worth a shot anyway.

Any suggestions on a language?  I was thinking of reading up on PHP, or MySQL, since I sorta used them in the past.

Edited by Thomas³

19 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

There does seem to be a lot of useful python stuff online, so I'll give it a go. Thanks Jon.

It's a good one to know.  Nice thing about most languages is that the basic concepts apply everywhere.  Once you have that down, it's not too hard to pick up some functional knowledge of others.

11 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Lucky!  They're at a shit venue here, so I slacked on tickets and it sold out :(

I wish I had known sooner so I could have planned to go next Friday to the show in Raleigh, so I could save 2 hours of driving, but a mid week show usually means no shoulder to shoulder bullshit. Time to see exactly how "40ish" I feel at this one lol

28 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I was going to go to that if I wasn't in London. Aesop is playing too, and I'm gonna miss that as well. Sad. 

SO totally thought "Why the hell is it that he has to be gone to London right when I find a reason to go to VA!". What is there for me to do in Norfolk, I've never been there before. Been all over the rest of the state but for some reason never gotten to a show in that direction...

13 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I'm in Ireland right now. It's 1:30AM, 6:30AM local time. My brain is confused whether it's tired or not. 4 hours till I get to London.

Dope, have fun dude.

I'm pretty sure I'll be going to Ireland at some point in 2017. It'll be my first time leaving the continent and even though nothing is officially planned, I'm terrified of the flight. Hopefully I can get a couple Xanax because being over nothing but the ocean...fuck man...that shit freaks me out.

9 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Dope, have fun dude.

I'm pretty sure I'll be going to Ireland at some point in 2017. It'll be my first time leaving the continent and even though nothing is officially planned, I'm terrified of the flight. Hopefully I can get a couple Xanax because being over nothing but the ocean...fuck man...that shit freaks me out.

Charlie said I should ask for a Bud Light while I'm waiting for my flight... classic.

Flying ain't bad. Just picture that Gardenstate scene. Haha.

Dammit I was supposed to be off today, but I had to switch shifts with my manager so his day off didn't fall on inventory. This is my 7th day straight, and although I love my job, I'm emotionally drained and don't want to be on my feet for 9 hours again today. Plus financial strains are really stressing me out and creating a perfect storm for depression.

1 minute ago, Holo said:

Anyone have experience with international shipping? Someone in ebay wants me to declare something as a gift to avoid customs on ebay. Is that okay to do? Can it fuck me over in any way?

If you're shipping through the Global Shipping Program (which is the only way I will do international shipping through eBay), I don't think you have any control over that.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic