Good morning, ugh I'm hungover I drink too much on my off days especially. I also have to work 9 hours without a break and doing closing duties for the first time (at this company, I'm well versed at other stores) but I'll be fine and if it sucks its cause I did it to myself. Afterall I'm selling records not shoveling shit, it's never really a bad day of work.

I kinda want to go back to school, but I don't really want to spend money or time doing it. I'm too out of touch with my major to land a job (Cisco Networking), so I'm pretty much stuck in this annoying phone/customer service path forever I feel like. I kinda want to do Radiology,  but 2 years is a long time. Too much to think about this weekend.

im pretty sure ive badly sprained or fractured my ankle this morning. we bought our dog this ridiculous "kong" toy, that is supposed to be indestructible since he chews everything, well we shouldn't have bought it as its way to long and big for him, so I was coming down the stairs carrying some records and stepped on it and pretty sure I heard some cracks, and I dropped like a sack of potatoes. im able to walk, but man it hurts

Edited by KingTacoMunster

3 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

I kinda want to go back to school, but I don't really want to spend money or time doing it. I'm too out of touch with my major to land a job (Cisco Networking), so I'm pretty much stuck in this annoying phone/customer service path forever I feel like. I kinda want to do Radiology,  but 2 years is a long time. Too much to think about this weekend.

i think if you're going down a path you don't like, then you should do whatever you can to change it.  otherwise, 10 years from now you'll wish you had done something sooner. It's not easy. I dip in and out of feeling really depressed about how hard it's been to switch careers but eventually it'll be fine.  

My problem is, I really don't want to do anything. Nothing sounds like it'd be worth doing until I die. It's certainly food for thought, but that's all it is now. I think I just need to expand my IT knowledge a bit, and get into something that is not help desk and phones.

Oddly enough I got a call at lunch from a recruiter for a job that would be going out and installing new PCs and equipment for clients. I hate driving, but if it's just in the area that would not be a problem. Hopefully they can at least get me an interview.

Bought an Emily Reo record after watching Room and hearing a song during the credits... Just finished the full record and she does a great cover of Built to Spill's "Car." Super duper!

So now I'm listening to Built to Spill. So that's even better!

The Lonesome Crowded West is full of fucking jams, god damn. If the only songs Modest Mouse ever recorded were Teeth Like God's Shoeshine and Shit Luck they'd still deserve the repuation they have today.

I was spinning it while I was doing dishes and I had to keep stopping to dance around my kitchen like an asshole.

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

The Lonesome Crowded West is full of fucking jams, god damn. If the only songs Modest Mouse ever recorded were Teeth Like God's Shoeshine and Shit Luck they'd still deserve the repuation they have today.

I was spinning it while I was doing dishes and I had to keep stopping to dance around my kitchen like an asshole.

Such a good album.

43 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I like a fair amount of their later work, but I think LCW is the apex.  Perfect mix of their earlier style and the direction they went in after.

15 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Bought an Emily Reo record after watching Room and hearing a song during the credits... Just finished the full record and she does a great cover of Built to Spill's "Car." Super duper!

So now I'm listening to Built to Spill. So that's even better!

Room is so good. I'll have to check out Emily Reo.

8 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Car is such a good song. I actually really like the Brand New cover of it too.

I don't know that I've heard the Brand New cover of it. When I heard the Emily Reo version I knew it was a cover, but I couldn't figure out what it was for a while. Suuuuper good though.

Listening to it now. Sounds too much like they're just straight mimicking BtS for my taste :ph34r:  I like a cover to sound pretty different from the original.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I don't know that I've heard the Brand New cover of it. When I heard the Emily Reo version I knew it was a cover, but I couldn't figure out what it was for a while. Suuuuper good though.

Listening to it now. Sounds too much like they're just straight mimicking BtS for my taste :ph34r:  I like a cover to sound pretty different from the original.

It's been a while since I heard it, but now that you mention it, it is more a mimic. Still a great song, and BtS is amazing. I'll check out her cover after work.

Edited by Thomas³

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic