1 hour ago, Holo said:

I just started going regularly about a yearish ago. RIP tours I missed/was too young to go to.

IARB 10 year dreams.

Some of the shows I knew about but wasn't allowed to go to kill me. Brand New/TBS at a 200 cap room. That same venue had like ETID/Poison the Well, American Nightmare, Converge/Cave In, and This Day Forward shows. That's just what I remember off the top of my head. Coheed and Cambria played a ton of tiny venues here when they started out because they're from like an hour downstate.

48 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Didn't they do an IARB tour already?

exactly

41 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Some of the shows I knew about but wasn't allowed to go to kill me. Brand New/TBS at a 200 cap room. That same venue had like ETID/Poison the Well, American Nightmare, Converge/Cave In, and This Day Forward shows. That's just what I remember off the top of my head. Coheed and Cambria played a ton of tiny venues here when they started out because they're from like an hour downstate.

not even aware of everything I missed because there was only about a year's overlap between getting "into music" and not being able to go to many shows.

16 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

Alcest was here yesterday and I forgot about it. Kicking myself today. : (

I started keeping a notepad list of shows that I'm interested in.  Updating it when I see tour announcements and checking it a few times a week.  It's been real beneficial so far.

5 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Found another show to go to this week!  Saw John K. Samson last night, Alcest is tomorrow and House of Low Culture is playing on Saturday. 

I fucking loooooove The Weakerthans, but I can't get super into his solo stuff and it bums me out

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

1 hour ago, jonrawks said:

I started keeping a notepad list of shows that I'm interested in.  Updating it when I see tour announcements and checking it a few times a week.  It's been real beneficial so far.

I've been using the songkick app for a little over a year to keep track of who is in town, and I get notifications when tours are announced. If I know I really want to go I'll add the event to my calendar and set a reminder. It will also add an event to your calendar for when tickets go on sale, but I hardly use that feature.

1 minute ago, deafening said:

I've been using the songkick app for a little over a year to keep track of who is in town, and I get notifications when tours are announced. If I know I really want to go I'll add the event to my calendar and set a reminder. It will also add an event to your calendar for when tickets go on sale, but I hardly use that feature.

My girlfriend uses songkick and seems to like it. I just put things on my Google calendar. We really don't get much in this area that either of us are interested in though. There's a really dope bar/venue down the street but they mostly do shitty jam bands.

2 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Normally I RSVP to events on Facebook, but this one just slipped through the cracks. 

It's 2017, I'm 30, and I literally just realized today that Antichrist/Mechanical Animals era Marylin Manson didn't suck.

The music is like White Zombie/NIN-lite and they've got a Numetal Ziggy Stardust/Alice Cooper aesthetic. I'm down with that. It's still silly pop music, but it's way better than I gave it credit for back in the day.

I'm making this public confession because I know I've given Rez shit about Marlyin Manson in the past.

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

It's 2017, I'm 30, and I literally just realized today that Antichrist/Mechanical Animals era Marylin Manson didn't suck.

The music is like White Zombie/NIN-lite and they've got a Numetal Ziggy Stardust/Alice Cooper aesthetic. I'm down with that. It's still silly pop music, but it's way better than I gave it credit for back in the day.

I'm making this public confession because I know I've given Rez shit about Marlyin Manson in the past.

YES THOSE RECORDS FUCKING SHRED. THE FIRST ONE IS GOOD TOO

Might be doing an unfortunate record purge soon. I've got a big vacation coming up and I need to make as much money as possible in the next two months. Anyone have any ideas on money making 1-2 days a week aside from my actual job? Really not wanting to sell any records ha. (also my company won't let me pick up shifts or give me OT so thats out of the question)

Edited by The Butcha

3 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

Might be doing an unfortunate record purge soon. I've got a big vacation coming up and I need to make as much money as possible in the next two months. Anyone have any ideas on money making 1-2 days a week aside from my actual job? Really not wanting to sell any records ha. (also my company won't let me pick up shifts or give me OT so thats out of the question)

become a lyft driver, recycle your beer cans, check thrift stores/antique malls for rare records or stereo equipment you can resell

Just now, NapalmBrain said:

become a lyft driver, recycle your beer cans, check thrift stores/antique malls for rare records or stereo equipment you can resell

Always wanted to do uber/lyft but I'd have to go through a hell of an (expensive) process of changing my plates and license over to Oregon. I've lived here almost 3 years and have yet to do that, I know. But it costs like $400. So annoying.

6 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

Uber is the easiest one I can think of.

just saw your last reply. Bummerrrrr.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic