On 2017-2-19 at 5:57 PM, Dave Grohl said:

I have a job interview for a studio coordinator position at School of Rock next week. I'm pretty fucking stoked on it. Between the insanely nerdy email I sent the manager/owner, my obsession for music, my work experience, my years of touring, and the fact that a family friend (who works in radio) knows the owner, referred me, and talked me up, my chances are pretty damn good. The gig is my kind of hours, only 25 minutes away, and most importantly revolves around music. For anyone who isn't familiar with School of Rock, it's a music school just like how they do at the end of the movie, but bigger - so it's a music school. Fingers crossed for this, cause it's a job I can do well, somewhere I'd actually want to work, there's room for growth, and most importantly I can talk about music all day long!

This can be my life now:

Good luck man! Sounds like you're all tee'd up for it, got everything crossed for you!

3 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Why must awesome glasses be so expensive? I really want these, but based on the sunglass prices I'm sure they are outrageous.

http://www.pantos-paris.com/shop/optical/pantos-honey-••-optical/

those are awesome!  Check out Warby Parker.  Super cheap, like $100 including lens and they are built really well.

1 hour ago, tarzioo_ said:

those are awesome!  Check out Warby Parker.  Super cheap, like $100 including lens and they are built really well.

I usually get some from zennioptical, only like $30, but no styles close to these. I'll check out Warby Parker. Thanks!

I dig the clip on sunglasses for those Pantos Paris ones, since I feel like I need sunglasses more the older I get. I've never wore then much before.

Made the mistake of doing some software upgrades to my home theater PC, which ALWAYS breaks things.  I don't know why I can't leave well enough alone, but something about new packages always lures me in.  So instead of watching a movie, I'm fixing things :wacko:  On the plus side, I'm pretty close to getting it up and running again and I think I've finally learned my lesson.  No good can come of apt-get upgrade on that machine, haha

13 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Made the mistake of doing some software upgrades to my home theater PC, which ALWAYS breaks things.  I don't know why I can't leave well enough alone, but something about new packages always lures me in.  So instead of watching a movie, I'm fixing things :wacko:  On the plus side, I'm pretty close to getting it up and running again and I think I've finally learned my lesson.  No good can come of apt-get upgrade on that machine, haha

The worst is updating my foobar, which I stopped, and completely breaking my custom interface. Takes forever to fix.

Just now, Thomas³ said:

The worst is updating my foobar, which I stopped, and completely breaking my custom interface. Takes forever to fix.

Same sort of thing, for sure.  I'm all fixed up now and I think future upgrades might actually be fine now, but I don't know if I want to take that gamble or not.  On the plus side, the new default Kodi skin seems pretty snappy and looks nice.  So it wasn't a complete waste of my time upgrading :)

1 minute ago, jonrawks said:

Same sort of thing, for sure.  I'm all fixed up now and I think future upgrades might actually be fine now, but I don't know if I want to take that gamble or not.  On the plus side, the new default Kodi skin seems pretty snappy and looks nice.  So it wasn't a complete waste of my time upgrading :)

Man, I have not used Kodi since it was still XBMC. I bet it's a million times better. It was awesome when it was just for the original xbox. It was my media center forever, but the original xbox's hardware sucked, so HD was nearly impossible.

14 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Man, I have not used Kodi since it was still XBMC. I bet it's a million times better. It was awesome when it was just for the original xbox. It was my media center forever, but the original xbox's hardware sucked, so HD was nearly impossible.

I've been using it for ~8 years and I've been very happy with it.  I've heard good things about Plex too, but I've never had a need to look into it.

31 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I need a new receiver. Aaaaaaanybody happen to have an extra/know where I can get a good one (preferably cheap)?

thrift stores are your best bet for good/cheap one. Brand new receivers with a phono stage run at least $150 or you could just buy a preamp and use whatever

1 hour ago, jonrawks said:

I've been using it for ~8 years and I've been very happy with it.  I've heard good things about Plex too, but I've never had a need to look into it.

I used Plex for a bit with my Roku. It works fine, but it sucks they charge for the app. It also suddenly stopped reading my files on a LAN, I had to back door through an "internet" connection to see them. Same thing happened to my friend when I set it up for her. It was weird.

Edited by Thomas³

1 hour ago, jonrawks said:

I started using Plex since I got a Roku.  I like it (other than the remote option not working anymore).

I just need a dedicated media server I can plant behind my TV instead of using my main laptop, and I'll be able to get more use out it.

Working a 3am to noon inventory shift. I've gotten too good at the monthly inventory. Finished that AND all the regular opening shit too. A normal open shift starts at 7, so my opener just walked in and was like "Wait...what the fuck are we supposed to do until we open at 9?" I just shrugged and said "Fuck around on our phones?"

If it was any other kid I'd have texted and told him he could come in late. I know for a fact he would've come in on time anyways. Homie just loves to work.

Hope you all have a lovely day, I'm off today. I'm so tired from yesterday though not that the job is terribly difficult but I was on my feet for 9.5 hours without a real break. I dunno how exciting my day will be. I'll probably go downtown and visit my friend and give him my old Jimi Hendrix album, he has some crappy little suitcase turntable so he doesn't give a shit about a scratched copy he will still rock it. 

9 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Eh... could be better. Could be worse. 

Haha, that's never a fun day.

8 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Hope you all have a lovely day, I'm off today. I'm so tired from yesterday though not that the job is terribly difficult but I was on my feet for 9.5 hours without a real break. I dunno how exciting my day will be. I'll probably go downtown and visit my friend and give him my old Jimi Hendrix album, he has some crappy little suitcase turntable so he doesn't give a shit about a scratched copy he will still rock it. 

I don't know how people stand so long, though I'm sure you get used to it. My feet always kill after just a few hours, but it could also be because I wear flat shoes.

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

I don't know how people stand so long, though I'm sure you get used to it. My feet always kill after just a few hours, but it could also be because I wear flat shoes.

all my coworkers are lazy and sit all damn day, but this is one reason the boss loves me, I'm always standing, and I'm always doing something. I was told by him yesterday it is not going unnoticed. But yeah I wear Clark's I can't wear vans or chucks anymore especially when I gotta be on my feet all day. 

26 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I told my friend not to wear Vans to the AFI show on Friday and he did anyway. We were standing from about 45min before doors until a little before midnight and he proceeded to bitch about it in the car home. Flat shoes will fuck your shit up.

I told him though "you're either going to listen to my advice or learn the hard way. I learned all this shit on my own over the past year or two." so at least he prefaced with "well, I learned the hard way..." hahaha. Bit of a weird motherfucker but a cool dude. He's my buddy for the Circa/mwY/Turnover on Sunday too

6 minutes ago, Holo said:

I told my friend not to wear Vans to the AFI show on Friday and he did anyway. We were standing from about 45min before doors until a little before midnight and he proceeded to bitch about it in the car home. Flat shoes will fuck your shit up.

I told him though "you're either going to listen to my advice or learn the hard way. I learned all this shit on my own over the past year or two." so at least he prefaced with "well, I learned the hard way..." hahaha. Bit of a weird motherfucker but a cool dude. He's my buddy for the Circa/mwY/Turnover on Sunday too

I'm on my feet usually 8 hours a day without a break, and I'm ordering a new pair of Vans anyway. Skate life > work life.

Also, it breaks my heart that you're seeing mwY and Turnover before me. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic