Just now, chkadea said:

I'm on my feet usually 8 hours a day without a break, and I'm ordering a new pair of Vans anyway. Skate life > work life.

Also, it breaks my heart that you're seeing mwY and Turnover before me. 

>mentions the show 

>doesn't mention Circa

icri

Turnover and mwY have been great the past time I saw them, so I'm excited. I actually missed the Juturna tour back when that was a thing because The Fall of Troy was doing a Doppelganger 10 year on the same night and the tickets were cheaper at a smaller venue.  mwY should be playing some older material since that EP was a thing, so if I get anything off of A>B there's a fair chance I die before Circa comes on.

Also got a Give Up the Ghost old shirt from the We're Down Till We're Underground tour that will be here in time for the show so that automatically makes me the coolest fucker in the venue. 

21 minutes ago, chkadea said:

I'm on my feet usually 8 hours a day without a break, and I'm ordering a new pair of Vans anyway. Skate life > work life.

Also, it breaks my heart that you're seeing mwY and Turnover before me. 

I've always worn vans, and hope to never change it. Sometimes I will put inserts in them, and it helps. I just hate the look of every shoe that have support.

Edited by Thomas³

9 minutes ago, Holo said:

>mentions the show 

>doesn't mention Circa

icri

Turnover and mwY have been great the past time I saw them, so I'm excited. I actually missed the Juturna tour back when that was a thing because The Fall of Troy was doing a Doppelganger 10 year on the same night and the tickets were cheaper at a smaller venue.  mwY should be playing some older material since that EP was a thing, so if I get anything off of A>B there's a fair chance I die before Circa comes on.

Also got a Give Up the Ghost old shirt from the We're Down Till We're Underground tour that will be here in time for the show so that automatically makes me the coolest fucker in the venue. 

I never listened to Circa all that much. mwY had to be mentioned as I've been listening to them since before you made it out of primary :P and I've somehow missed every show that has come near me. I still have multiple unused tickets just sitting in a drawer taunting me

Just now, chkadea said:

I never listened to Circa all that much. mwY had to be mentioned as I've been listening to them since before you made it out of primary :P and I've somehow missed every show that has come near me. I still have multiple unused tickets just sitting in a drawer taunting me

That blows, are you at least making it this time (hopefully)? Last time I caught them they were opening for Say Anything with Teen Suicide and someone else. They were by far the most solid set. I really enjoy Teen Suicide's first album (actually randomly got the original press really cheap not too long ago) but just couldn't dig the new one very much at all.

Poor @DOMAN127 is coming out over spring break in April and missing all of the cool shit by a few days. 

13 minutes ago, Holo said:

That blows, are you at least making it this time (hopefully)? Last time I caught them they were opening for Say Anything with Teen Suicide and someone else. They were by far the most solid set. I really enjoy Teen Suicide's first album (actually randomly got the original press really cheap not too long ago) but just couldn't dig the new one very much at all.

Poor @DOMAN127 is coming out over spring break in April and missing all of the cool shit by a few days. 

Missed them a couple weeks back - would have been a 3-4 hour drive one way, and still broke as fuck from CO  (and need to save for Dominican/Orlando in a little over a month D: )

30 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I've always worn vans, and hope to never change it. Sometimes I will put inserts in them, and it helps. I just hate the look of every shoe that have support.

I sometimes put inserts in to accommodate the authentic pros not coming in my size. Damn lady feet.

Edited by chkadea

30 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I just had to buy some nice inserts for my work shoes. Pretty sure I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot. Every step I take is beyond painful sometimes. Really hoping these help. Not to mention the slipped disc in my back on my sciatic nerve on my left side. I guess working high volume and being on my feet for the last 10+ years is finally catching up to me.

7 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Turnover were so unbelievably unengaging when I saw them. I always assumed maybe I needed to hear it live to appreciate it, but goddamn was it boring.

They seem like they would be boring as fuck. Love their tunes but PV isn't something I listen to for high energy. More so to sit there and cry like a baby instead.

Saw MWY a bunch back when Rez was probably like 5 years old. Also saw Circa on their On Letting Go release tour. Christ I'm old.

I wore skate shoes exclusively for like 20 years. Been wearing boots the last few years and that shit is life changing. My work Doc Martins are the fucking best. I usually wear flat shoes when I go to shows though because I don't want to be the asshole moshing/diving in heavy ass boots.

1 minute ago, The Butcha said:

I just had to buy some nice inserts for my work shoes. Pretty sure I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot. Every step I take is beyond painful sometimes. Really hoping these help. Not to mention the slipped disc in my back on my sciatic nerve on my left side. I guess working high volume and being on my feet for the last 10+ years is finally catching up to me.

fixed it ;) 

5 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Turnover were so unbelievably unengaging when I saw them. I always assumed maybe I needed to hear it live to appreciate it, but goddamn was it boring.

I saw them at the same place American Nightmare played and it was not the best live set but by no means was bad

7 minutes ago, chkadea said:

Missed them a couple weeks back - would have been a 3-4 hour drive one way, and still broke as fuck from CO  (and need to save for Domincan/Orlando in a little over a month D: )

I sometimes put inserts in to accommodate the authentic pros not coming in my size. Damn lady feet.

That sucks, but can't blame you. I turned down protest the hero and ETID for that drive which bums me the fuck out.

What size shoe? I wear a men's 12 hahaha

Just now, Holo said:

I saw them at the same place American Nightmare played and it was not the best live set but by no means was bad

That sucks, but can't blame you. I turned down protest the hero and ETID for that drive which bums me the fuck out.

What size shoe? I wear a men's 12 hahaha

Size 7-7.5 women's. Or 5-5.5 men's/child's. 

To be fair, every show I go to is usually a 3.5-9 hour drive one way.

I'm still bummed I forgot about the Turnover show a block from my apartment last year.  That venue gets almost exclusively shitty fucking jam bands. I wish they'd book better shit, I like being able to get sufficiently fucked up at a show and I can recall only do that if it's walking distance. The punk/hardcore/metal bars are all a few miles away with shit ass parking.

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Saw MWY a bunch back when Rez was probably like 5 years old. Also saw Circa on their On Letting Go release tour. Christ I'm old.

I wore skate shoes exclusively for like 20 years. Been wearing boots the last few years and that shit is life changing. My work Doc Martins are the fucking best. I usually wear flat shoes when I go to shows though because I don't want to be the asshole moshing/diving in heavy ass boots.

I KNOW YOU'RE COOLER THAN ME KEVIN JUST LET ME HAVE MY MOMENT

<3

1 minute ago, chkadea said:

Size 7-7.5 women's. Or 5-5.5 men's/child's. 

To be fair, every show I go to is usually a 3.5-9 hour drive one way.

Eww that sucks. Longest regular venue in town drive is like 45min for me  

7 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

I had that shit once too, it sucked. My pain started after that. The inserts help a lot, and made it go away eventually.

6 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

They seem like they would be boring as fuck. Love their tunes but PV isn't something I listen to for high energy. More so to sit there and cry like a baby instead.

Same. They are boring live, but Austin was a good dude to talk to. I still enjoyed it though.

Edited by Thomas³

Just now, Thomas³ said:

I had that shit once too, it sucked. My pain started after that. The inserts help a lot, and made it go away eventually.

Same. They are boring live, but Austin was a good dude to talk to.

Oddly enough I always forget those dudes are from New Orleans. They relocated to Virginia Beach after Katrina. I've never met them but I'm sure I saw them around back in the day. 

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm still bummed I forgot about the Turnover show a block from my apartment last year.  That venue gets almost exclusively shitty fucking jam bands. I wish they'd book better shit, I like being able to get sufficiently fucked up at a show and I can recall only do that if it's walking distance. The punk/hardcore/metal bars are all a few miles away with shit ass parking.

There's a venue downtown I refuse to go to because the parking is retarded. They charge $5 parking in the lot any time other than when there's a show but up it to  $15. At the Marquee at least they note that parking is  $10 night of the show on the ticket. I got down and didn't have cash so I had to go by the bank and then was way back in line. There isn't even anywhere else to park and walk. And of course during Chon's set a fight in the pit starts over some dude's bag of coke. Then they went after random people and security guys. Takes entire security staff qnd some other big dudes to hold the fuckers down until the police came. It was a fucking mess. 

8 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

Oddly enough I always forget those dudes are from New Orleans. They relocated to Virginia Beach after Katrina. I've never met them but I'm sure I saw them around back in the day. 

Be pretty awesome if you played a show with one of their prior bands back in the day or something.

2 minutes ago, Holo said:

There's a venue downtown I refuse to go to because the parking is retarded. They charge $5 parking in the lot any time other than when there's a show but up it to  $15. At the Marquee at least they note that parking is  $10 night of the show on the ticket. I got down and didn't have cash so I had to go by the bank and then was way back in line. There isn't even anywhere else to park and walk. And of course during Chon's set a fight in the pit starts over some dude's bag of coke. Then they went after random people and security guys. Takes entire security staff qnd some other big dudes to hold the fuckers down until the police came. It was a fucking mess. 

SpotHero makes life easier, pal.

9 minutes ago, Holo said:

People on coke can be scary. I watched a dude get thrown through a glass window, got up all bloody and continued to fight.

2 minutes ago, chkadea said:

Way to book parking on the cheap, prior to an event. Think I saved myself hundreds of dollars in the past couple years with it (especially in Chicago).

I'll take a look, thanks for the heads up. 

3 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

People on coke can be scary. I watched a dude get thrown through a glass window, got up all bloody and continued to fight.

Yeah it was something else. Police tazed them and that finally dropped them. Periphery was a lot of fun besides the bullshit though. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic