34 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Yeah, it's frustrating.  I've got an early flight tomorrow that'll put me in NYC around 4PM.  Sucks to lose half a day, but I prefer that to scrapping the whole trip.  If that flight gets cancelled, I'll end up cancelling the whole trip and try again next month.

Sorry to hear - winter has been bogus everywhere this year.

Hopefully cancelling doesn't cost too much?

30 minutes ago, GOTCHA said:

I hate to say it, but expect to not get out tomorrow.  I had an east coast flight out to Vegas tomorrow morning.  It has already been canceled and re-booked to tomorrow afternoon, which I'm certain will get canceled or severely delayed as well.  It's just a bait and switch for the airlines to bide time while they figure out how much the storm impacts areas.

Yeah, I'm not really holding my breath on it.  I figure it's worth a shot, but I expect to get a cancellation notice in the morning.

30 minutes ago, chkadea said:

Sorry to hear - winter has been bogus everywhere this year.

Hopefully cancelling doesn't cost too much?

It shouldn't be terrible.  Airline already said I'd get a full refund if I decide to cancel my tickets.  I'll be out ~$30-40 in tickets for things, which is lame, but there isn't a whole lot that I can do about that.

51 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

It shouldn't be terrible.  Airline already said I'd get a full refund if I decide to cancel my tickets.  I'll be out ~$30-40 in tickets for things, which is lame, but there isn't a whole lot that I can do about that.

kind of weak that you would be out any amount of money when their cancellation caused the whole debacle

14 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

kind of weak that you would be out any amount of money when their cancellation caused the whole debacle

Ah, they're show tickets and I don't know if I can swing a refund there.  I'm hoping my AirBnB hosts are cool about my cancellation, I'd prefer not to do a credit card dispute unless I have to.  My first time using an AirBnB on my own and I'm not too impressed thus far.  Had my first host cancel on me a few weeks ago and now dealing with this cancellation may be problematic, guess we'll see.

I did get my second flight cancelled, which means my trip is off. :(  On the plus side, at least I found out way ahead of time.

@GHOSTDRONES If you know anyone who wants my Sunn ticket, let me know.  Otherwise I'm going to throw it on Craigslist.

59 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Ah, they're show tickets and I don't know if I can swing a refund there.  I'm hoping my AirBnB hosts are cool about my cancellation, I'd prefer not to do a credit card dispute unless I have to.  My first time using an AirBnB on my own and I'm not too impressed thus far.  Had my first host cancel on me a few weeks ago and now dealing with this cancellation may be problematic, guess we'll see.

I did get my second flight cancelled, which means my trip is off. :(  On the plus side, at least I found out way ahead of time.

@GHOSTDRONES If you know anyone who wants my Sunn ticket, let me know.  Otherwise I'm going to throw it on Craigslist.

I'll ask around

Damn Jon. Sorry to hear your flight got cancelled. Hopefully you can still have a cool vacation staying here. Maybe take the train to Portland? I'm looking forward to visiting there as soon as I get a break in my schedule. 

@chkadea glad to hear you had a fun trip!  Hopefully they make you an offer!!

26 minutes ago, tarzioo_ said:

Damn Jon. Sorry to hear your flight got cancelled. Hopefully you can still have a cool vacation staying here. Maybe take the train to Portland? I'm looking forward to visiting there as soon as I get a break in my schedule. 

I'm just going to work out the rest of the week.  Not nearly as much fun, haha.  Think one of the more annoying things is how much of today I've spend on hold with airlines, kind of feels like I've wasted the entire day doing that.

51 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Lame Jon that it got canceled. Snow just started here, and it's coming down pretty bad.

Yeah, it's been a bit frustrating today, but I think it might have been for the best overall.  Had I made it, I don't think the snow would've completely ruined the trip, but it definitely would've put a damper on it.

13 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Yeah, it's been a bit frustrating today, but I think it might have been for the best overall.  Had I made it, I don't think the snow would've completely ruined the trip, but it definitely would've put a damper on it.

Yeah, it would suck to lose a few days of your vacation because of snow.

12 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

I'm bummed that you can't make it @jonrawks

But April trip will be awesome too

Me too, I was looking forward to it a lot.  I can't see any reason why April won't work.  I'm a little exhausted with travel shit at this point, so I'm going to look into it more this weekend.

8 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Yeah, it would suck to lose a few days of your vacation because of snow.

For sure.  A half day is one thing, but losing a day or two is more of a problem.

Been fighting off the bug and it finally got me yesterday, made it less than 2 hours into my shift and I started getting sick to my stomach, and went home. Just relaxed, and napped and smoked pot to calm the nausea. Woke up before 6 cause of all the napping yesterday, but feeling a little better. Throat is kind of sore but stomach is a little better and not so lethargic and dizzy. Today is my scheduled day off so I'll just lay low and recover for tomorrow . Dammit was trying to be good about ordering records but MOMR is finally releasing that Sparhawks and I have to have it

1 hour ago, NapalmBrain said:

Been fighting off the bug and it finally got me yesterday, made it less than 2 hours into my shift and I started getting sick to my stomach, and went home. Just relaxed, and napped and smoked pot to calm the nausea. Woke up before 6 cause of all the napping yesterday, but feeling a little better. Throat is kind of sore but stomach is a little better and not so lethargic and dizzy. Today is my scheduled day off so I'll just lay low and recover for tomorrow . Dammit was trying to be good about ordering records but MOMR is finally releasing that Sparhawks and I have to have it

Shitty, feel better. 

I think we got 5 inches of snow last night, with 4-8 more by tomorrow morning. Surprising the city kept up with the roads it looks like. I really don't want to clear my driveway today, but probably should so it's not crazy deep.

Edit: Applied for a few remote jobs last night. Be nice to work from home for a bit if I get one. The godaddy one would at least be some what technical.

Edited by Thomas³

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic