Saw that Thursday tour this past.... Thursday in Philly, they killed it, and I really love Basement.

My computer clock is an hour fast and refuses to (automatically) correct itself, the time zone and daylight savings options are all correct... I think I may try and cut out of work an hour early and blame it on the clock.

1 hour ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Fuck, last night was great. Thursday, Touché Amoré, Basement, and Wax Idols. So fucking great. Thursday still got it, I'm so glad I got to see them again. They were refreshed, reinvigorated, and just had so much energy. Wax Idols were such an awesome opener, Basement really impressed me as well. And FINALLY getting to see Touché Amoré was everything I thought it would be. Hell of a great show.

What were the sets like? I've got that on the 10th and am steadily getting more hyped.

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I've been following the set lists on setlist.fm or whatever. It's mostly WATT and FC, 2 songs each off their other full lengths, Jet Black New Year, and 0 songs off Waiting.

bummed on the Waiting, but the rest I can get behind.

I need to keep an eye on the Say Anything/Bayside setlists because I'll go if it's a very specific set of songs and if not will totally stay home. Proud shitlord who loves IARB and early Bayside.

3 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

In the last 12 years I've seen Thursday 3-4 times and they never played anything off Waiting.

I saw Bayside play to like 12 people on a sidestage at Warped Tour in 04. I joined the 3 people circle putting because I was walking by and felt bad 

Fuuuck. Give me some Ian Curtis. The tour is stacked though, I'm excited to see Touche and Basement too. 

The first two albums (the ones I dig) are totally Warped Tour-core and whiny high school core but that's just been what I've been vibing lately and I'm 17 so I'm allowed to :P

17 minutes ago, Bladew1ll1s1sdead said:

ETR may be teasing releasing my favorite Academy Is album on vinyl and I am going to fucking scream in the void. I'm hot pissed, also I love and miss y'all.

I preordered the new Free Throw LP the other day  because I thought of you.

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

<3

I want you to know that I'm going back to school and pursuing a career in mortuary science because of you. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I preordered the new Free Throw LP the other day  because I thought of you.

I love you so much, text me way more often. 

24 minutes ago, Bladew1ll1s1sdead said:

I want you to know that I'm going back to school and pursuing a career in mortuary science because of you. Thank you.

I love you so much, text me way more often. 

Yayyyyy! Congrats Bladie, I'm proud of you :)

I don't love it every day, and it's not always easy, but it's rewarding enough that the good days outweigh the bad.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

I need some advise & guidance from y'all on a couple of records I'm keen on getting. There's not proper Music On Vinyl thread so figured to throw it up here.

There's a particular MOV release that came out. It was a reissue and initially went for the usual $32+ on most places like SoundStageDirect. As usual, MOV does a limited run on color, all numbered, and then the rest on black. Well, I waited too long and missed out on the color. BUT, I found an U.S.-based eBayer selling the color title plus another one I didn't know was also reissued for $29.60 each plus shipping. He has it at Buy It Now. Initially he had it for more but I made counter-offers and got shot down.

Should I just go for it and secure them at those prices? They'll probably be the lowest I find them esp. "locally".

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic