1 minute ago, tarzioo_ said:

i totally forgot about RSD this year but i just saw Marcy Playground and now I'm tempted to go check it out.  Jon what record store would you recommend I hit ?

I'm not so sure what's good for RSD anymore.  I always used to go to Easy St. Records in Lower Queen Anne, but it closed up a 4-5 years ago.  I'm guessing Sonic Boom in Ballard or Every Day Music on Capitol Hill would be solid bets.  Easy St. Records in West Seattle would probably be good, but you're looking at a trek.

1 hour ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Jesus... dude went to shove my kid in a record store today. He got a stiff arm and some words.

What is wrong with people? How did he think that was OK?

That's so shitty.  It's not acceptable at all, especially for something as trivial as a piece of plastic.  How'd the spawn enjoy RSD overall?

Edited by jonrawks

25 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

That's so shitty.  It's not acceptable at all, especially for something as trivial as a piece of plastic.  How'd the spawn enjoy RSD overall?

He had fun. There is supposed to be some earth day event in the park here that he is psyched on, but it's raining and I am not sure that it will happen now.

You made it back home safely I see... have you recovered? 

25 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

He had fun. There is supposed to be some earth day event in the park here that he is psyched on, but it's raining and I am not sure that it will happen now.

You made it back home safely I see... have you recovered? 

1 hour ago, jonrawks said:

I'm not so sure what's good for RSD anymore.  I always used to go to Easy St. Records in Lower Queen Anne, but it closed up a 4-5 years ago.  I'm guessing Sonic Boom in Ballard or Every Day Music on Capitol Hill would be solid bets.  Easy St. Records in West Seattle would probably be good, but you're looking at a trek.

awesome thanks!! I'm hoping to try and make it down to Seattle today 

I worked a 9 hour shift for RSD it was insane, really fun. People were in good spirits, no pushing or arguing or bitching beyond "oh damn you sold out, oh well I'll buy something else" Sold a ton of used and non-RSD new product too. Think we made a little over 7k, and have less than 15 copies of RSD releases left. Sorry didn't even get anything people were looking for in this thread save for the marcy playground that went quick. I think all we have left is: the spoon 12", the gerard way pic disc thing, the roky erickson tribute, the hawkwind, andromeda strain soundtrack, temples/kadja bonet split, whiteman in hammersmith palais ep 7", the air 12", the Profile records compilation and one or two other low interest titles I'm forgetting. I'm kind of stunned. I got The Sundays and The Electric Flag so I'm happy, also picked up the Flying Saucer Attack reissue, the Priests EP and a clearance copy of The Clean reissue from a few months back. Would have like the Blondie 7", Germs 7", Coheed, Cocteau Twins UK releases, and some of the blues releases but oh well I'll live. Hope everyone had a good time

Made a goddamned rookie mistake yesterday...was hanging in Boston, and ended up buying a Speed Box S, which I thought was compatible with my Debut Carbon...until I took it home & set it all up, only to discover I have the damn 15vDC version, not the 16vAC. So now, I either have to make ANOTHER trip to Boston today & try to return it, OR sell a brand new Speed Box that I paid $138 for after taxes for a loss.

Anyway, anyone here looking for a Speed Box? I'll sell it with everything still in the box for $110 + shipping, which would be what I paid for it minus the $22 a bus ticket back to Boston would cost me. I'll let this chill in SmallTalk for a bit before I post a FS thread in the gear forum.

7 hours ago, Holo said:

Anyone have The Cure acoustic at their local still? 

I know Monster Music in Charleston has them and is taking orders over the phone. I sent the info to my friend and he was able to get one, and they are shipping them.  The open at 10am est. (843) 571-4657

(please remember this was yesterday afternoon, so they might not have any. but they are charging sticker price= $32 + tax + shipping, so prob cheaper than flippers)

Edited by THE_James_Champ

4 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

I know Monster Music in Charleston has them and is taking orders over the phone. I sent the info to my friend and he was able to get one, and they are shipping them.  The open at 10am est. (843) 571-4657

(please remember this was yesterday afternoon, so they might not have any. but they are charging sticker price= $32 + tax + shipping, so prob cheaper than flippers)

Shit, I'm in class until 3 but I'll call as soon as 7th period ends. Thanks for the heads up. 

Edited by Holo

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic